Revera Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

Terrible company to work for emphasis was profit not the care for yhe residents as they advertise.the sdmistration shaifina shoukd not be therer
Director of environmental services Revera (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB scenic acresJuly 23, 2016
Not a place to work lots of people that did not know anything, the residents i felt sorry for because of the conditions of the building and not enough budget because of profit oriented company . Nice front but the focus is on money not the well being of the residents.too bad .Too many Chiefs
No coordination and a lot of time wasted including money .They don't have it together. The condition of the residence is terrible.Not a safe place!!

Albert
Pros
Cons
Long hours and a lot of bandaid work. Temporary fixes dangerous
Nice place, great coworkers but needs improvement on mental and physical health
PSW (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONAugust 13, 2016
Coworkers where amazing to work with as a team they go above and beyond with making sure the residents are safe, happy and cared for. Like most PSW positions in LTC the biggest complaint is being understaffed. One of the biggest issues is that management needs to recognize mental health strain PSW get, emotional and physical health of a PSW is vital, if a PSW has caregiver burnout it's not good for the residents or the PSW. Staffing issues could easily be solved if management is willing to listen to the PSW. If the DOC isn't willing to listen and has an attitude of "if you want the job it's this way or the highway type of attitude" no one wins
Pros
Coworkers do work as a team
Cons
Not recognizing someone going above and beyond.
Respect, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence. Their values speak volumes.
Director of Care (Current Employee) –  Hillside Manor, StratfordMay 26, 2016
A great place to work, motivated and dedicated people helping other people.
A day in long term care is never an easy one. Lots of paper work, problems, fires to put out etc. It's never dull and always stressful but a real joy. When you have a company that supports your efforts, it makes the job that much easier to deal with. It's good to know that your employer appreciates your efforts and rewards you with a job well done. The atmosphere is positive which helps you get through those tough days when everything seems to go wrong. There was always an encouraging word.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long days and sore feet
The friendliest place I have ever worked
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON - ElginwoodAugust 2, 2016
I did my consolidation placement here and remained in touch till a position opened up. They hire casual at first & have to wait for a part time to open up. I couldn't have asked for better staff. They are extremely helpful and training is given till you're confident in your abilities. Meds and wound treatments are the majority of your duties. There are slow days and there are hectic days but staff are always there to assist you. You can call on any staff for a simple question or to assist with a skill you are new too. It is a good place to build seniority for new grads as well. Management is approachable and everyone greets you when you enter and leave the building. I have build friendships with my colleagues very quickly. AND there is no such thing as nurse to nurse bullying at this site.
Pros
Fair wages
Cons
Casual position means you can assume short notice calls
Giving care is all i want to everyone I can.
Assisting resident (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
Depends on day and clients needs, when I arrive client house: first make sure the client is alive and breathing then i either follow client needs, client log book or set my priorities to fit client. I have learnt that client are to be treated as individual with respect and compassionate care. Also client choice comes first, never to be rude , disrespectful or abuse any client. Can work independently or with group. I am very friendly and good team-player with co-worker. Hardest part of my job is i put too much feeling to client. I love my job, showing care and given little help to client gives me heart-full joy, because I believe that one day i would also need help.
fun workplace, very friendly supervisors
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 11, 2016
working in the company for almost 2 years now, supervisors are great, co workers are great, coordinators are ok...the most enjoyable part of the job is the joy that clients gives when they tell you how great were you at the what you do...
Pros
supervisors are nice
Cons
it used to be flexible with time
great place to work
Continuing Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NSMay 27, 2016
During my 2 years at Revera Home Health I really enjoyed my work . even though we didn't get to see other co workers or management often we were always in touch through company cell phones that all employees were provided with ,I found this to be a great asset to my job for the GPS to find clients home promptly, and also to be able to communicate any concerns with other employees who also did shifts at the same client . The main thing I learned at Revera was to work more effectively and efficiently alone.to make quick decisions with no supervisor around as I was in a private home .I enjoy to work alone. the hardest part of my job at Revera and still is and was in any company is when the client feels alone weather they are at end stage of life or just sad you are leaving after your 1 hr shift and now they are alone until I arrive tomorrow . I enjoy the smile I see on their faces when I arrive tomorrow.
Pros
working alone
Cons
On stat days, i found it difficult to reach managemnet
Productive and Fun place to work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Ridgetown, ONApril 28, 2016
I have only been with the company a few months and it is a great place to work, fellow staff and management is very helpful and friendly.
The learning aspect is continuous, the keep your education and skills up to date.
Pros
Continuing education
Cons
lack of hours
Good place to start your career, but no room for advancement
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2016
Greatful for the opportunity to work here. It inspired me to further my education to become a nurse. I left due to insufficient hours and snatched up a better opportunity at another company.
Pros
Assisting the elderly and seeing the smiles on their faces
Cons
Low pay, 1-2 shifts biweekly
Very poorly run - way behind in times inexperienced E.D.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lambton, ONAugust 10, 2016
Wanted a yes person and was expected to work many additional hours unpaid.
Expected to do the job of 4 full time employees.
There's a reason why 4 managers have left since me in 1.5yrs...
fabulous challanging energetic place of work
personal suport (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Constant shifts friendly atmosphere cheerful people staff were behind thier employers had confidence in the job they did challenging enjoyable pushing you to your limits and providing workshops to get you to quality the residents deserve like working with a family good place to work
Productive and friendly staff
Project Management Internship (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 25, 2016
Develop appropriate documentation for all phases of a project. Stakeholder management, Develop communication plan. Status reports, Attend to weekly status meetings.
Great culture
Treasury Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 14, 2016
I had a great time working at Revera. Everyone there was very respectful and helpful. We even had quite a few awesome events e.g. dunk the executives into water to raise money for charity
Staffing/ Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 27, 2016
staff are friendly, they are knowledgeable. It is a large home , one of Ottawa's biggest. There is always activities going on for the residents to enjoy.
Cons
no parking
Great place to work!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONDecember 15, 2015
During my tenure at Revera, I was given the opportunity to contribute to a phenomenal team of talented individuals. Work life balance was an issue over a period of time and ultimately decided to expand my horizons. Direct manager and Sr. Leadership team was 100% supportive in all aspects. Would highly recommend this company!
Pros
Awesome team, management team and leadership, very supportive work environment
Cons
Work/Life balance at times
Physiotherapist
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 14, 2016
No management help onsite. Rarely seen or heard from bosses. Left to do your work and only negative feedback ever given. Pay is good, but only contract work, no room for advancement, no pay raises in 10 years, same contract always.
Parents of young kids beware...
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Bow Crest Care Center in Calgary,ABMarch 3, 2016
The management and front end staff was nice enough but nursing staff unison was lacking. I had team mates bewildered when I provided care for a resident on their care wing without complaint , instead of what they were use to which was someone hunting them down or ringing the call bell and leaving the resident to wait. I enjoyed the friendships I built with both residents and co-workers. I also would not recommend working with this company if you have young children. I was employed with them for 45 shifts but missed 5. Four of those were due to my 1year old and 3 year old getting very sick and not being allowed to attend their day home. One of those was for me because I became sick after nursing my two little ones back to health. I did provide a doctors note and called in with plenty of time (4plus hours) to replace me. I also managed to cover 3 shifts in effort to make up for absence. However they still terminated my employment since I was still on probation and the union could not help me.
Contract Position
Regional Recruitment Specialist Contract (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONApril 19, 2016
Contract position only. Personal Home Health Care. Recruiting for Personal Support Workers, Home Support Workers, Nurses, Managers, Administration.
Quiet setting
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Working together with a team to over see the well being of kids registered for day camp. Planning activities to see to it that campers have a great safe summer filled with a lot of physical activity and peer relation building.
Professional and friendly team
Operations Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 1, 2015
Highly intense, busy but manageable, every day.
I've learned professionalism and how to stay calm under pressure.
Most of the Management team were supportive, motivating and encouraging.
My co-workers were fabulous, some of which will be life long friends.
The hardest part of my job was managing the work load and the most enjoyable part was being successful and the relationships with my colleagues
Pros
large company - opportunity to grow
Cons
inequality amongst employees - only certain members of staff are rewarded based on performance

2.7