Revera Inc.

Revera Inc. Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Respect, intergrity, compassion, excellence
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Assesses the needs of individual residents and organizes for the provision of resident care under the direction of the Registered Nurse. Participates in the formulation of the Resident Care Plan. Supervises the nursing care given by Health Care Aides/Nurse Aides, Attendants under his/her direction, in accordance with the Resident Care Plans. Ensures resident satisfaction and continuous quality improvement initiatives are promoted. Maintains effective communication and good interpersonal relations with medical and allied staff, residents, families and other departments. Rehab leader for the home overlooks PSW flowsheet and makes sure they are sign off in a timely manner and Registered Staff to sign off evaluation sheets as well. Holds Interdisciplinary meetings weekly. And audits continence products to make sure staff uses right product. Hand hygiene auditor to ensuring staff are doing the proper requirements of Hand Washing and Hygiene
Love the clients I work with
PSW (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: love the clients
Cons: too few hours
Overall. I find this position to be one of the most rewarding career choices I have ever made. However. From day to day I am very unclear as to what my schedule is going to hold as far as workable hours. I feel that for the most part the company is good. But it seems that they can be very picky and choosy as to who gets the hours.
Productive, i enjoy working with the elderly
PSW (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, ONDecember 28, 2014
My typical day at work is knowing that im
there to help with any of there everyday life.
I have learned how enjoyable it is to help out with the elderly that need somebodies help.
Its all about team work, with good teamwork the residents have the best care.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a smile on the residents face knowing they have someone they can count on to help them out, and the families know they are in good hands.
An ecellent place to work
Executive Director (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 4, 2014
Pros: spending time with people
Cons: long hours terminating staff
Morning meeting answering emails meeting with staff meetings doing rounds of all 5 floor The hardest part of the job was terminating staff
The most enjoyable part of the job was spending time with Residents and staff
Revera Inc is a dynamic company with opportunities to learn and develop as a sales professional in the retirement industry
Lifestyle Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 14, 2014
Pros: external outreach program development
Cons: long hours at times - sometimes no work life balance
There is no typical day of work at Revera Inc.
It is varied with sales prospects that walk in through the doors with challenges for lifestyle changes.
It is exciting to do external sales calls through sponsorships at various senior agencies
It is challenging to engage all people within the management team to be on side for the sales goal
The most enjoyable part of the job is changing the life of a senior seeing them safe, well cared for emotionally and physically
Your sales process makes a difference in someone's life
Greed... it's all about the money.......poor seniors have to pay too much...
Resident Services Assistant (Current Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: residents who seem grateful
Cons: heavy workload, no career growth
...been with the company for 9 long years...no room for career growth...It used to be a great company until it was bought by Revera...Now everything sucks.. Management keeps changing, Workers bully each other...they just stay in the company because they have nowhere to go....Think thrice before you get involved with this company....Run... and never look back...
Revera is a terrific company to work for
Access Administrator/Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Head Office Cambridge, ontarioSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great work environment, improved hr involvement and job satisfaction
Cons: very few con's since i work service desk you can expect the usual different schedules.
A big company with a big heart.
Revera is one of the best companies I have ever worked for.
What makes it worth staying is the fellow employee's and the Job Culture that is available at this company.
Having people you like working with is a big bonus.
Good Job Security
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Dryden, ONSeptember 22, 2014
Big company. Homecare was an excellent field if you like a change.
Scheduling was a little all over the place and had a lot of travel included.
Help Desk Analyst
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: fast pased
Cons: no down time
Managed multiple priorities with proven time-management skills
Collaborated with multiple tiers of IT, staff and management
Escalation software
Web based remote software
Busy fun place to work.
Office Manager (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 26, 2014
There was never a dull moment, I learned how to be a manager, how to deal with difficult situations. Work with an amazing management team who taught me the ropes. The drive in the winter was the most difficult part of my job.
Productive, Fun,Respectful and Culture friendly workplace
Practicum Student (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONAugust 14, 2014
My typical days is when I walk into work resident/staff acknowlegeds me. The residentd love the way I treat and work with them. I learned how important safety is and at all times being polite and careful with the residents. My co-workers were very friendly and supportive. The hardest part was leaving to go home when I truly wanted to stay back and help more. My most enjoyable part of this job is seeing the smiles on the residents faces when ever they saw me and they felt safe and secured with me.
Not a lot of opportunities to advance; pay is mediocre at best.
Director of Recreation (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2014
If you are okay with programming activities and events for seniors and not making much money then this maybe the job for you. There are a lot of "politics" behind the scenes and a lot is expected of you.
a caring facility
Health Care Aide (Former Employee), Brandon, MBAugust 12, 2014
my day was always busy and interesting..always learned something new..love to be busy in all aspects of senior care in a facility that has good management with good communication and continuity of care.I love being part of a good team...I enjoy meeting new residents, I have learned so much from them and made many great friends over the 37 years of employment.He hardest part of my job ws saying good bye to my special seniors but I do the best I can to make it an easy transition for them.
office is extremely unorganized. Clients are awesome.
Home Care Worker (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONAugust 8, 2014
Pros: ability to accept/decline clients
Cons: poor communication in the office resulting in errors
It takes a while to get a set schedule and consistent clients. Have to drive your own vehicle from place to place on a very tight schedule. No compensation for mileage or gas in the city. Very poor pay considering the high needs of some clients. The clients are awesome. Most are glad you are there, others, not so much. The entire system needs an overhaul as the need is great, but the pay is poor.
Nasty Management
psw (Former Employee), blenheimJuly 20, 2014
Pros: residents and staff
Cons: work load and management
gave them 30 years enjoyed my job but not the stress,bullying,which caused me anxiety ,depression .They say u can t bully people but its ok for management .told to get my work done after they pile so much on can t even get it done on a good day let alone more and more .Makes me sick revera looks good to others but they treat their staff horribly constantly told to get your work done or they ll be discipline like were 3 years old.too much responciblity put on psw s not enough money for what they expect which is blood
Very poor, senior management
Senior Coordination Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 8, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: employee contributions go unnoticed and unappreciated
Training is almost nonexistent, salary is mediocre at best, senior management very reactionary, scattered and unprofessional. Corporate HR needs to take heed about in house practices on how employees are managed.
busy schedule
Care Aide (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJune 4, 2014
Good Management. Friendly environment with different residents.
Good Place - poor management
Payroll Analyst (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMay 22, 2014
Pros: good wages
Cons: lack of direction
many changes
lack of direction from management
great co workers
high work load
Revera
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Simcoe, ONMay 8, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: not enough hours guarenteed
I enjoy helping my clients start there day off bye assisting them with there ADL'S (activities of daily living) such as bathing, breakfast,med reminders,dressing, and over all self independence with in there homes.I learned a little bit of assistance goes a long way and is always rewarding for both myself and my clients.I basically work alone unless we have to do a two person transfer and then i enjoy the women and men i work with there are very welcoming and easy to work with its all about team working and working together as a team. The hardest part of my job is meeting and getting use to clients then they r taking out of my schedules or pass on.I enjoy putting smiles on my clients faces daily and giving them some comfort and relief in there everyday livings with in there homes.
Productive and Fun place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 23, 2014
Had a chance to improve on my communication and customer service skills. I enjoyed speaking to new customers everyday. Everyday was a new day as no two customer calls would be the same.

1 2 3 4

About Revera Inc.

Revera Inc., is a real estate investment trust in Canada that operates seniors housing properties. Formerly named Retirement Residences – Read more