Revera Inc.

Revera Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Workplace Environment
Client Services Specialist (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 24, 2014
The office culture is very high pressure, though I didn`t mind the people that I worked with I felt the the environment could benefit from additional training and development on team leading skills, employee support and work/life balance.
Excellent team members friendly enviroment.
Payroll Advisor (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 24, 2014
In this contract position, I was given the opportunity to assist Revera in the amalgamation of their Home Health division. With this new division came a new scheduling system for payroll and the role to educate and train staff and Executive Directors of Rivera's policy and procedures.
Most Disappointed
Accounts Payable Documentation Clerk (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: shorter business hours
Cons: overtime required but not appreciated even though you are a contract employee.
I was with Revera for 2 years and 4 months on a contract position that was renewed every 3 months, 4 months or 6 months. I was really hoping to eventually to get full-time employment. I was not renewed the last time only to find out that a newly contract person that just been hired is still working after I was gone. I have since found out that they – more... are looking for another contract person for the same job description which is what I had done for that length of time. I'm most disappointed and once again Revera has given me little faith in Companies. I guess that is why I never really wanted a contract position because this is the outcome!!!! It seems to be the way the Company conducts business, – less
The place where you work is as good as your manager.
employee (Former Employee), New WestminsterFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: short commute to work
Cons: long hours, unorganized, need to multi task with not enough time in your day.
Revera has gone downhill over the past decade. I spent a good number of years working for Revera, and there was a time when management team cared about you as an individual, residents and families were looked after in a holistic manner and staff members genuinely did their best under the management's supervision.

The units are unorganized, staff incompetent – more... and managers only care about the initiatives that are pushed from the top down! The senior management back East has no clue what is happening in BC.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with seniors, family members and peers. – less
great clients, understanding and helpful supervisors, not enough work
Home Care Aid (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: paid travel allowance
Cons: not enough regular hours
People were passionate about their work, part time work, large gaps between job assignments and if your client is away or in hospital there is no work.
Good environment and very nice co-workers
Business Decision Support Specialist (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 11, 2014
Enjoyed working at Revera, Retirement REIT, CPL for the last 14 years. Changed a lot of managers but with every one of them had excellent relationship. I guess work is more or less the same in every corporate office but people are those who make difference.
Administrative Duties
Receptionist/Concierge Casual Position (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 4, 2014
Answering telephone enquires
Sales and Services
Creating spreadsheets for Management
Filing
Customer Service Skills
Housekeeping
the most Enjoyable part of the job is socializing, entertaining with the Tenants
fun place to work
PSW (Current Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: paid vaccation
Cons: hard to get approval for time off
Its good rewarding job . Possibility of getting full time hour
No support, ineffective management and a great deal of stress!
Management (Former Employee), British ColumbiaJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: the employees are great people to work with.
Cons: long hours, ineffective management coming from top 'experienced' managers, very heavy workload
Revera is not a great place to work if you want an effective experienced manager who knows what they are doing and are able to provide support and proper training to other managers and staff. Issues are swept under the carpet and are hoped to be forgotten. A lot of staff and other managers leave this company because of its uncaring and unsupportive – more... manner!

Co-workers were a great team of people to work with. Very hard-working and there for the residents.

Top management does not 'see' the residents and does not care about them. All about bringing in money.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the residents, getting to know them, building connections with them and hearing their stories. – less
sucked
recreation assistnat (Former Employee), toronto onJanuary 22, 2014
do not work here. i was fired out of nowhere no even by my deparment head.
Not a good place to work or to be
Revera employee (Former Employee), OttawaJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: residents are friendly
Cons: everything!
Number 1 priority should be the residents, unfortunately, their standards are far from that and there is too much greed and the residents come last. The environment itself is stressful and there is NO teamwork. Everyone goes behind each others back to be at the top of the rest. Pay is not good for all the work that is done. Management does not care, – more... nor are they at their facilities when needed (go on break for most of the day) – less
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 10, 2014
management as well as coworkers very friendly. Enjoyable moment of working for Revera is seeing the smiles on my clients faces when i cared for them
Growing company, fast paced environment
Payroll advisor (Current Employee), Cambridge, OntarioJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: hours and close proximity to home
Cons: no growth opportunities
Was given the opportunity to join a team project when a new payroll system introduced company wide. Currently processing timecards for 4000 management employees using JDE Oracle. Responsible for Records of employment, Garnishments, Top Ups, Grievances, Government reporting and vacation reconciliations. Contact for all government agency questions and – more... concerns. – less
Fun and great place to be employed
Assist in feeding and personal hygiene (Former Employee), WhitbyNovember 10, 2013
Excellent learning experiences. Great people and knowledgable staff. Quickly get back to you if you have questions that need to be answered
was ok
PSW (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 3, 2013
Pros: good staff and great clients
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day Monday - Wednesday very slow days not good always asked for more hours never got them though. I learned a lot of new techniques with clients and hoyer lifts. Management was not the greatest...found they could have addressed the PSW'S concerns better when it came to clients...my co-workers were amazing...very helpful when they were needed – more... with clients and home life as well...very good support team.The hardest thing about my job is saying good bye to clients that are passing and to great staff...that come and go. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my clients and knowing that I have done an amazing job for them and leaving with a smile on our faces. – less
hey
Shift/Visiting Nurse (Current Employee), toronto, onOctober 28, 2013
great experience working with different client population
Not enough hours given
PSW (Current Employee), Kitchener-Waterloo, ONOctober 17, 2013
Rivera is a decent company but they do not give out enough hours at a time to make the jobs worthwhile. Only 1-2 hours at a time mostly.
former RN ......use and abuse
supervisor (Former Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: pay cheque at end of week
where do I start ?

very poor orientation done by uneducated people. Very poor morale in the office setting.
no mentoring or support for new staff. Very poor explanation or review of computer system. Expected to multi task while dealing with intimidation, bullying, isolation of new staff, expect to do the job that was intended for three people. Do not – more... appreciate hard working staff. Lazy staff bully the hard working staff to get the job done.
Criticized ,instead of helped when you don't know how to do something. Hypocrites. Say they are helping but behind your back , management actually bullies you. – less
Huge disappointment
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 29, 2013
Pros: location close to home and in a mall
Cons: sink or swim attitudes
***Starting Salary is decent

***Values, sadly in my experience they don't hold up to the company's vision of Respect, Integrity, Commitment & Excellence

***Management is completely disorganized & unprofessional

Being newly employed I have to say I am extremely disappointed and discouraged, specifically with the Oshawa location.
Challenging Work Environment
Executive Director, Royal City Manor (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCJuly 25, 2013
Pros: every day brought a new challenge.
Cons: burnt-out and frustrated management team.
Oversaw the daily operations of a large LTC site.

A typical day at work involved meeting with the management team, a walk-about the site to check-in with the front line employees and the residents.

One of the aspects of the job I enjoyed the most was the opportunity to interact with the residents as they were the reason we were there. I loved the – more... challenge of managing diverse priorities and responding to the various stakeholders.

The hardest part of the job was managing an ever changing and burned out management team. Despite recommendations from Accreditation Canada that the organization should have a rest between major initiatives, the organization rolled out many large initiatives either at the same time or sequentially. The management team felt unsupported. – less

1 2 3 4

About Revera Inc.

Revera Inc., is a real estate investment trust in Canada that operates seniors housing properties. Formerly named Retirement Residences – Read more