The Revenue Development Foundation (http://www.revenuedevelopment.org/) is a non-profit consultancy specialized in the provision of administrative systems to governments in low-income countries. These systems allow countries to efficiently administer their domestic based revenues. RDF, headquartered in Europe, has operations in Africa currently active in land management, property taxation and natural resource administration systems.
The Software Engineer will report to the Managing Director in London, UK, and work as part of the software development team currently located in London and Vancouver. The Engineer is responsible for managing deployed systems hosted online, and system development using java-based technologies and mobile technology. Primary development environment will be Grails/Groovy, Spring, Hibernate on Postgresql, and Google Android.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of a small, but fast growing company that is dedicated to creating positive change in some of the world's most challenging working environments. This position includes the opportunity to travel internationally, if interested.
This is a contract position for one year. It starts with a 4 month probation period with remuneration of USD 2,500 per month, and thereafter remuneration of USD 3,000 per month. If travel is required then accommodation, travel, and a daily stipend will be provided.
- Tech lead for RDF Fusion core platform
- Application development as per requirements for new releases of RDF products, particularly the RD License Management platform.
- Managing servers and hosted services, including deployed and testing environments, in collaboration with developer team.
- Responsible for the administration and continuous availability of deployed web-based and mobile technology applications.
- Work with system and programme staff to help define solution requirements for web-based and mobile technology applications.
- Support of RDF products in collaboration with programme staff.
- Ensure efficient and coordinated tasking of software developers for web-based and mobile technology applications.
- Produce technical documentation.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- Advanced knowledge of Java, using Spring, Hibernate, Eclipse, Grails, Postgresql, and Android technologies.
- Knowledge of systems architecture and application design.
- Skills in developing, deploying, testing and supporting web based applications.
- Some experience with Public Administration, and Business Process Re-engineering and consulting and client services in general.
- A self-starter who isn’t afraid to try new things and take the initiative
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a larger team.
- Active interest in issues related to international development.
This position is ONLY open to those physically located in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Please apply with a current resume or CV and a cover letter. Evidence of past work is encouraged.
RDF is a non-profit consultancy seeking to support governments to increase domestic revenues. The foundation provides advisory services and...