About Retrotec: Energy Conservation Equipment Manufacturing Company
Our Mission is to help create safe, efficient and healthy indoor environments by providing innovative measurement systems for improving building enclosure performance.
We are a dynamic manufacturer of instrumentation in business since 1980. Our 13 person Sales & Support office features:
- Enthusiastic staff
- Casual dress
- Professional standards of service to our customers
- Great location near Granville Island
- Easy access to transportation and local amenities
This is an inside sales position. Some travel may be required in North America and Internationally from time to time.
You will be required to optimize sales opportunities in our Large Building and Fire Suppression markets for the product line of this 33-year-old instrument manufacturing company. We sell instruments, training and software that are used in analyzing building performance of a wide range of buildings from houses to high-rises in 60 countries.
Skills and Attributes
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to relate to, and communicate with, individuals at all levels.
- Exceptionally clear communicator both written and verbal
- Ability to listen and accurately retain information
- Thrives in a multi-tasking environment
- Ability to work independently on projects
- Multi-lingual is an asset
- Learn how our equipment is used and operate it yourself in order to best support our customers
- Demonstrate our products at trade shows and training sessions for our customers
- Generate Sales in our Large Building and Fire Suppression markets
- Utilize your “hunter” mentality to source new leads
- Diagnose and troubleshoot common customer issues
- Provide customers with ongoing sales support and professional service
- Ensure all customer requests are responded to in a timely and professional manner
- Comfortable following up with leads over the phone
- Proven sales record in a B2B environment- minimum 3 years
- Strong understanding of the “Sales Process” from prospecting to closing
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with ability to prioritize
- Proven interpersonal skills and strong commitment towards customer service
- Contact management software (we currently use Goldmine)
- Order processing software (we use QuoteWerks)
- Technically inclined with ability to understand and convey complex methodologies
- Experience designing and implementing sale strategies in a team atmosphere
- Good knowledge of MS-Office applications
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience in building science, enclosure testing and standards preferred but an understanding of building science and technology a must.
- Extended Health, MSP coverage, Personal days
Please reply with cover letter, resume and salary expectations.
Our equipment, software and markets can be viewed at www.retrotec.com
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in Retrotec but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.