Talented Marketing/Graphic Designer with strong editing skills required by dynamic manufacturer of air leakage measurement equipment in business since 1980. Our 14 person sales office features:
- Enthusiastic staff
- Lots of natural light
- Casual dress
- Professional standards of service to our customers
- Great location near Granville Island
- Easy access to transportation and local amenities
This wide ranging and exciting in house marketing position requires many competencies and skills. You must be comfortable with using, developing and maintaining structured systems to assist with a variety of projects, and support team members. You must be neat, detail-oriented, and reliable with the ability to work independently while maintaining a team player attitude.
- Development, maintenance and reinforcement of design and brand image across all communication material including, but not limited to: print advertisements, online ads and branding, sales literature, product literature, instructional manuals, trade show signage and displays, business cards, promotional brochures, equipment where brand image is silk screened.
- Production coordination (editing and approval stages to printing of final product) and management of all printed and visual materials which includes, but not limited to: liaising with stakeholders to develop materials, coordinating the print production cycle and managing the design-printer relationship, researching vendors and obtaining quotes and purchase orders, organizing documentation inventory and purchasing levels which includes establishing deadlines, pre-flighting all print-ready materials to printer specifications.
- Photography and photo editing of equipment, accessories, scenarios, staff, etc. Maintenance and organization of “Pictures” folder.
- You will be responsible for complete design concepts from corporate branding to finished products. The focus is media, so the successful candidate will have brochures, signage, displays, posters, advertisements, promotional material, packaging, and labels within their portfolio. In addition, web design, video production and editing are strong assets. Experience with manufacturing or industrial products is beneficial. You must speak perfect English and have exceptional reading and writing capabilities. This is a full time position with benefits and an 8:00 AM start time.
- Polite and well-mannered self-starter with a positive attitude
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with an ability to prioritize
- Ability to listen and accurately retain information
- Possess a broad design portfolio with examples of integration with marketing strategies
- Research the latest design & web industry trends, but equally have an instinct to create them
- Voice your constructive opinions, yet always work as part of the team
- Aware of your strengths and areas of weakness, always looking to improve
Skills and training experience preferred
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Adobe creative suite
- Vector graphic illustration design
- Strong writing, editing and formatting skills
- Photography and post-processing
- Video shooting and editing
- Ability to juggle multiple and changing business priorities, with the capacity to meet tight deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Contact management software (we use Goldmine)
Relevant work experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years marketing experience in high tech or Building Science industry an asset
Please reply with a cover letter and resume stating your career goals and experience.
Our equipment, software and markets can be viewed at www.retrotec.com (no phone calls please).
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position and unfortunately only candidates under consideration will be contacted.