Talented Marketing /Graphic Designer with strong editing skills required by dynamic manufacturer of air leakage measurement equipment in business since 1980. Our 14 person sales office features:
- Enthusiastic staff
- Lots of natural light
- Casual dress
- Professional standards of service to our customers
- Great location near Granville Island
- Easy access to transportation and local amenities
This wide ranging and exciting in house position requires many competencies and skills. You must be comfortable with using, developing and maintaining structured systems to assist with a variety of projects, and support team members. You must be neat, detail-oriented, and reliable with the ability to work independently while maintaining a team player attitude. Any knowledge of building science will be very helpful.
You will be responsible for complete design concepts from corporate branding to finished products. The focus is media, so the successful candidate will have brochures, signage, displays, posters, advertisements, promotional material, packaging, and labels within their portfolio. In addition, web design, video production and editing are strong assets. Experience with manufacturing or industrial products is beneficial. You must speak perfect English and have exceptional reading and writing capabilities. This is a full time position with benefits and an 8:00 AM start time.
- Polite and well-mannered with a positive attitude
- Self starter
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with an ability to prioritize
- Ability to listen and accurately retain information
- Multi-lingual is an asset but not required
- Possess a broad design portfolio with examples of integration with marketing strategies
- Research the latest design & web industry trends, but equally have an instinct to create them
- Voice your constructive opinions, yet always work as part of the team
- Aware of your strengths and areas of weakness, always looking to improve
Skills and training experience preferred
- Strong writing, editing and formatting skills
- Strong project management
- Ability to juggle multiple and changing business priorities, with the capacity to meet tight deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Office Administration
- Document editing & proofing
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Adobe creative suite
- Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Contact management software (we use Goldmine)
Relevant work experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years marketing experience in high tech or Building Science industry an asset
Please send a cover letter, resume and references stating your career goals and experience.
Our equipment, software and markets can be viewed at www.retrotec.com (no phone calls please).
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.