Reports To: Director of Operations
Description: The Executive Director/Care Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of this mid-sized Retirement Residence in London, ON. In addition to providing high standards of nursing service, you will also direct the other departments in the home including Dietary, Housekeeping and Maintenance, Office, Activation and Marketing.
- Results orientation via meeting/exceeding budget expectations and occupancy levels
- Holding self and others accountable via knowledge of relevant nursing and regulatory body legislation (Occupational Health and Safety, CNO standards)
- Recruitment and scheduling for the Care Department; overseeing scheduling of other departments as required
- Strong business acumen; promoting the residence via sales and marketing efforts, working closely with the Marketing Director
- Involving external health care providers as required for resident needs
- Leadership presence; providing visionary leadership and change management principles
- Budget formulation for annual operating and capital budgets.
- Developing others; coaching and mentoring Managers and care staff
- Liaising with residents, families and addressing any concerns brought forward
- Current Registration with College of Nurses Ontario as an RN or RPN
- Minimum of 3 years of managerial experience in seniors care settings, preference given to those with Retirement Residence experience
- Knowledge of RHA, 2010 considered an asset
- Supervisory experience in unionized settings considered an asset
- Dementia care experience considered an asset
- Supervisory experience in leading a multidisciplinary staff of upwards of 20 people considered an asset
- Willingness to train the right individual for this role. You must have a love of working with seniors, enjoy a challenge and be open to new opportunities.
- Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience
- This is a full time permanent position that begins between June –July 2014
Indeed - 4 months ago