Retirement Concepts

Retirement Concepts Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Constantly changing environment
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), BCMay 6, 2015
Pros: Working with seniors and people who care about seniors
Cons: Company is growing quickly, staffing/management/HO change overs
Working for Retirement Concepts is a good experience if you are good with constant changes. If you can constantly adjust and change processes and are not one who is requiring routine and firm corporate structure to perform - working for this company may be a frustration for you.

It is a growing company that as it grows is learning new processes are required and a catch up situation seems to be ongoing.

Depending on your role - this may not affect you.

Enjoying working with seniors is a must if you work on any Retirement Concepts site. It is wonderful is you enjoy it. If you don't enjoy that aspect, then working at one of the residences is not for you.
former employee
lpn (Former Employee), nanaimoMarch 24, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: too many to list
Over worked and under staffed very stressful environment. They staff with students and do not cover sick calls or give ot. Management is shady.
What are Curve Balls?
Project Manager (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no ability to move forward
Everyday I am presented with a new project that is challenging yet exhilirating knowing that when it is completed by me, my Team will be happy, less stressed and then its onto the next curve ball or target I hit!
coworkers
Health Care Assistant, Assistance (Former Employee), Williams Lake, BCMay 28, 2014
great teamwork and co workers I had a great time working their with my team mates
Professional, helpful
Administrative support (Former Employee), Langley, BCNovember 4, 2013
Pros: they have a great reputation
lots of assignments
great opportunity to learn new skills
weekly pay day is great
Looking for answers
RCA (Former Employee), NanimoAugust 31, 2013
Cons: lots
Would have liked to have been given a chance as a long time employee of Gardens as to why your company would not hire me as promised. I was a good employee and was never told I was not doing my job in the years I worked. I am in good standing just cannot understand for who's well being is this for, why did you post adds and hire students that you are recruiting and put them in our positions and then hire me to travel to another town with less pay sounds absurd like right hand does not know what the left hand is doing, or maybe just do not care.
With no reason and lots of questions,?????
Good supportive coworkers
LPN (Former Employee), Summerland, BCJuly 10, 2013
Pros: good supportive co workers
Cons: lack of stable management
Very good Co workers to work with who believed in team work.
Very high turnover of management which resulted in lack of consistency, stability and management support
No no
LPN (Former Employee), ChilliwackJanuary 6, 2013
They give shifts to casuals and later cancel it because they found someone else to do those shifts they already scheduled you weeks ago. Very strange and unprofessional! Is that even allowed? Older staff are saying "it's normal".
Not a good environment
Care Aide (Former Employee), Williams Lake, BCApril 12, 2012
Very heavy workload and minimal pay. Management was hard to find or get a hold of. Co-workers were not very friendly. It was hard to work with people that did not talk or offer to help you. I only enjoyed being able to help the residents.

About Retirement Concepts

Retirement Concepts is a family owned provider of retirement homes for seniors. Starting with just 55 residents in 1988, the company – Read more