Retirement Concepts

• Salary/Benefits
laundry/housekeeping
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee), Williams Lake, BCOctober 7, 2013
Pros: 2 breaks and lunch
Cons: 9hrs
worked 4 days on 4 days off 9 hrs a day laundry lifting 50 pound bags of laundry and delivering clean laundry to the floors l also cleaned rooms bathrooms,dust,beds swept and mopped
Looking for answers
RCA (Former Employee), NanimoAugust 31, 2013
Cons: lots
Would have liked to have been given a chance as a long time employee of Gardens as to why your company would not hire me as promised. I was a good employee and was never told I was not doing my job in the years I worked. I am in good standing just cannot understand for who's well being is this for, why did you post adds and hire students that you are – more... recruiting and put them in our positions and then hire me to travel to another town with less pay sounds absurd like right hand does not know what the left hand is doing, or maybe just do not care.
With no reason and lots of questions,????? – less
Good supportive coworkers
LPN (Former Employee), Summerland, BCJuly 10, 2013
Pros: good supportive co workers
Cons: lack of stable management
Very good Co workers to work with who believed in team work.
Very high turnover of management which resulted in lack of consistency, stability and management support
No no
LPN (Former Employee), ChilliwackJanuary 6, 2013
They give shifts to casuals and later cancel it because they found someone else to do those shifts they already scheduled you weeks ago. Very strange and unprofessional! Is that even allowed? Older staff are saying "it's normal".
Not a good environment
Care Aide (Former Employee), Williams Lake, BCApril 12, 2012
Very heavy workload and minimal pay. Management was hard to find or get a hold of. Co-workers were not very friendly. It was hard to work with people that did not talk or offer to help you. I only enjoyed being able to help the residents.
Very unprofessional atmosphere
Food Services (Former Employee), British ColumbiaSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: that's a tough one....the money was decent.
Cons: as mentioned.
Heavy work load with excessively high expectations to perform miracles. Tough to do while managing an unskilled group of people and working under a business manager who allowed my staff to undermine my position. Little support from the top down. I had very high hopes to expand my career with this company.....that's completely changed.
Tread carefully – more... and keep an eye on the high turnover in staff and management with this company. – less