Retirement Concepts

Retirement Concepts Employee Reviews in Canada

Very caring and wonderful place to work.
Receptionist/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Williams Lake, BCMarch 9, 2016
My job at the village is very busy and keeps me occupied all day long. I have learned many time management skills, as well as how to used a payroll program. I have found that all members of my team at the village are amazing to work with, being very supportive and helpful.
Poor management
Minion (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaMarch 9, 2016
Managers "motivate" their "staff" (I prefer team member, but they call us staff) with negative reinforcement. As opposed to encouraging them for a job well done. Bad managers drive away excellent talent. Sadly.

Also, it has the weakest union executive I have ever seen.
Cons
Several
Chaotic management
Lpn (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCDecember 22, 2015
After working here as an lpn I'd never go back
Loved my residents and the fellow nurses but management was terrible. Scheduling was all over the map. I would get an Email the day before saying I work at 6am not asking if I can work. Id get it at 5pm call in right away and the scheduler would be off work and not answer. If couldn't make the shift I got written up. Not professional. They cut alot of safety corners I felt bad for the residents
Pros
Loved the residents
Cons
Poor management
Constantly changing environment
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  BCMay 6, 2015
Working for Retirement Concepts is a good experience if you are good with constant changes. If you can constantly adjust and change processes and are not one who is requiring routine and firm corporate structure to perform - working for this company may be a frustration for you.

It is a growing company that as it grows is learning new processes are required and a catch up situation seems to be ongoing.

Depending on your role - this may not affect you.

Enjoying working with seniors is a must if you work on any Retirement Concepts site. It is wonderful is you enjoy it. If you don't enjoy that aspect, then working at one of the residences is not for you.
Pros
Working with seniors and people who care about seniors
Cons
Company is growing quickly, staffing/management/HO change overs
former employee
lpn (Former Employee) –  nanaimoMarch 24, 2015
Over worked and under staffed very stressful environment. They staff with students and do not cover sick calls or give ot. Management is shady.
Pros
great people
Cons
too many to list
What are Curve Balls?
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 27, 2015
Everyday I am presented with a new project that is challenging yet exhilirating knowing that when it is completed by me, my Team will be happy, less stressed and then its onto the next curve ball or target I hit!
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no ability to move forward
coworkers
Health Care Assistant, Assistance (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BCMay 28, 2014
great teamwork and co workers I had a great time working their with my team mates
laundry/housekeeping
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BCOctober 7, 2013
worked 4 days on 4 days off 9 hrs a day laundry lifting 50 pound bags of laundry and delivering clean laundry to the floors l also cleaned rooms bathrooms,dust,beds swept and mopped
Pros
2 breaks and lunch
Cons
9hrs
Looking for answers
RCA (Former Employee) –  NanimoAugust 31, 2013
Would have liked to have been given a chance as a long time employee of Gardens as to why your company would not hire me as promised. I was a good employee and was never told I was not doing my job in the years I worked. I am in good standing just cannot understand for who's well being is this for, why did you post adds and hire students that you are recruiting and put them in our positions and then hire me to travel to another town with less pay sounds absurd like right hand does not know what the left hand is doing, or maybe just do not care.
With no reason and lots of questions,?????
Cons
lots
Good supportive coworkers
LPN (Former Employee) –  Summerland, BCJuly 10, 2013
Very good Co workers to work with who believed in team work.
Very high turnover of management which resulted in lack of consistency, stability and management support
Pros
good supportive co workers
Cons
lack of stable management
No no
LPN (Former Employee) –  ChilliwackJanuary 6, 2013
They give shifts to casuals and later cancel it because they found someone else to do those shifts they already scheduled you weeks ago. Very strange and unprofessional! Is that even allowed? Older staff are saying "it's normal".
Not a good environment
Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BCApril 12, 2012
Very heavy workload and minimal pay. Management was hard to find or get a hold of. Co-workers were not very friendly. It was hard to work with people that did not talk or offer to help you. I only enjoyed being able to help the residents.