RetailData LLC Employee Reviews

no work
Data Collection Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto ca21 June 2017
i recently returned to work for this company,in the past when i worked for them there was alot of work,when i returned the only job they had was secret shopping walmart on the weekends,the job only paid $40 and if the walmart managment kicked you out they expected you to go back to the same store until the work was finished
Pros
training pay
Cons
no jobs and stress of getting kicked out of stoers
self paced job
Lead Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TX14 June 2017
the job was an excellant job and i would love to work for them again someday. you get to work in the retail area's you get to learn pricing and the way stores use planogram designs.
Pros
you work your own hours
Cons
assignments are repetitive
Mediocre Job
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VA13 June 2017
Management was absent and not very educated. Company technology was outdated. Expectations were too high for amount of staff on hand. Flexibility of schedule was nice though.
Pros
Flexibility of Schedule
Cons
Poor benefits
Not to bad
DATA SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL7 June 2017
Worked under cover collecting prices for clients. Used a scanner to collect prices. Was paid per item minimal to no supervision. Was on feet the entire time.
Great work, poor management
Field Data Collector (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NC23 May 2017
The job itself is great. You get to make your own hours just as long as you complete assignments before the deadline. You work alone, no co-workers to interact with...usually. You get to work different locations and get compensation for mileage and drive time. You're paid per piece, so the faster you go, the more money you make.
Management kills the whole deal. They don't listen when you have a problem. You get scripted responses and no resolution. Being called at the last minute to complete someone else's assignment. Expected to make deadlines even when sick. No communication. Last minute information.
It can be tough on your back. The repetitive reaching to top shelves and bending to bottom shelves on particular jobs can become a problem.
Pros
Make your own schedule, work alone, compensation
Cons
Management, hard on your back
n/a
Collector (Former Employee) –  Waianae, HI1 May 2017
All I did was scan items that was on the list of inventory and when completed with my list all I needed to do was submit and send off to proper team. It was a great job
Good job
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX24 April 2017
Although the management is poor, you can make a lot of money. Its a wear and tear on the body but its worth it. You get to work alone in various stores and make your own schedule as long as you meet the required deadline.
Pros
Workong alone. Making good money.
Cons
Deadlines, hard on your back, and confusing management
Easy enough work, management is clueless though
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MO6 April 2017
The 'upstairs' environment is chaotic at best, I've gone through 3 bosses in 1 year. And the most recent one is almost absolutely clueless and lacking any kind of compassion or understanding.
Brought back my detailed retail side
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL1 April 2017
This is a very trending job and the time spent is a learning experience. I respect my peers and all the jobs they do on a daily basis. Especially my co-workers who have been very influential to me and I do appreciate all the time given...
Pros
scheduling
Cons
driving distances
Amazing Potential
Retail Data Collector (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VA9 March 2017
A great company that is beyond flexible to help you have a wonderful life at home with a good paycheck! Opportunity for part-time, full-time, and Lead Data Collector after short time for those with good CRI, like me. Opportunity to travel as desired. Great flexibility and people to work with!
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Traveling a lot, wear and tear on vehicle
No Opinion
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VA27 February 2017
Do not let the people in high places overwork you and do not be afraid to let them know. Some people do care about their employees, but the employees are definitely overworked and advancement is lacking.
Great flexibility
Data Collector (Current Employee) –  Marina, CA1 February 2017
Supportive District Manager, great flexibility, encourages self motivation. Helpful in improving time management skills and working with different personalities.
Great Job
Data Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Danville, VA23 January 2017
I have been with the company for over a year. I like the travel and my area manager is great. If I want more hours I can let my manager know and I got it. If I need time off same thing. I work on average 3 or maybe four days a week and can make enough to only need this one job for my bills and family. Plus I set my schedule. Just have to meet deadlines.
Pros
Great Manager
Cons
Pay could be a better flat rate
most enjoyable part of the job
Data Collector (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CA10 January 2017
Working with retail data,has proven to be a great move because it allows a lot of flexibility within the work schedule.Great as a second job,or for students.
Pros
freedom, flexibility, trust
Cons
the pay could be better
long hours/days w/ no down time
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Camillus, NY7 December 2016
DM job was very demanding. expected to be available 12 hours/day, 7 days/week. Always have your phone with you regardless as to when /where you are going. Conflicting direction as to be in front of your computer monitoring jobs/ be in the field covering/auditing. Field turn-over was unmanageable. Never completely staffed, took 4 weeks to hire, meanwhile someone else has quit.
Ok for a "hold-me over" job
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  United States26 June 2016
The "training" received is non-existent - You are given a hand-held and told "You use Z, R, or V buttons to input pricing" and are not sure what is for what. The first 90 days you are paid per hour and that's good. Then you go to "per piece" pay and that sucks. Mileage is reimbursed after the usual "normal" commute. The schedule changes often and at the last minute you are given jobs that are due that day, leaving you scrambling to complete them or else they are reported as late, If you can't reach your manager and have an issue heaven help you go to the next in line for assistance. You are working on your own schedule to complete the jobs within the time frame which works great for those needing to work around family schedules or full-time jobs. That is unless you are surprised with last minute jobs that have hours to be completed. Then you are expected to drop everything in your life and complete them.

This job is great for someone needing a part-time position or a hold-over until something permanent comes along or someone who is retired and just looking for something to do. I would not recommend it for anything else. One of the perks is getting to meet new people in the places you are working in.

There are no benefits and some long hours some days to complete jobs but its overall not a bad part-time job while working on hourly rate but not on piece pricing.
Pros
Great hold-over job.
Cons
Managers work against you. No benefits.
Salary, Schedules, and benefits
Data Collector (Current Employee) –  Virginia28 April 2016
This is a company that after the probation period gets by with paying pennies per piece to their employees. Employees work 10-18 hour days at times to get the work completed for 0.0157 (minimum) a piece. So for an 11 hour day that 6000 pieces may be gathered, the pay is between $60 and $70. The rate is atrocious. Most other companies of data collecting pay more than this per piece rate. Some rates are higher but not over .12 a piece and not many of these jobs available.

Scheduling is good. Although more people leave the job and not replaced, more jobs available to do. Again on piece rate, difficult to get happy with the pay.

Working part time (over 40 hours a week) no benefits available. Overtime pay is based on your piece rate of hourly pay, e.g. 4.80 per hour in overtime pay. It is not paid at the minimum wage rate nor at the time and half for overtime.
Pros
As much work as you want; deadlines are set; work as your own pace
Cons
no benefits, no raises, low pay
They ask a lot and pay very little
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NC16 February 2016
The first contact with this company after interviews and acceptance are Emails that require you to spend hours reading manuals, training yourself, electronically signing forms. All of this time is not reimbursed. They send company EMAILs constantly with changes to policy or manual, things to make note of...

I quit before I actually started. At my first training, I was told my job was to inventory everything in the target store, every week W-Sat.
The manager was doing it that week(well experienced) and it took her 20 hours. Then I found out I wasn't an employee of that store, but the client was a competitor.

The store I was supposed to work at was closer to my home, but the manager there told them to leave the store and not return. So, all I can imagine is that if I was a manager of a store where someone spent 20+ hours a week scanning items, I would kick them out. Then they'd assign me to different store, would I lose my income that week? They can't answer these questions because they're hypothetical.

$10/hour is what they pay during training and after that period it is piece rate -- the explanation of this rate in the manual is pretty inscrutable and the rate varies by product type.

I'm not a good liar. If I'm going to spend 20 hours in a single store every week, people are going to recognize me and get to know me. I can't just say 'I work for Retail Data and this is my assignment.' It's creepy. I could not see working that many hours in a store as an outsider. Can you imagine a lunch break with store employees, your peers, where you lie about what you are doing?
Pros
None that I can see
Cons
too many to list
Great for two month training
data collector (Former Employee) –  South Carolina17 January 2016
The first two months of training is worth it if you have nothing else to do. Eventually the assignment s become more time inflexible, time consuming as pay goes to a per piece rate and then it's just not worth the trouble. You're basically price harvesting in grocery stores, CVS, Walgreens, Walmart and getting paid less than the lowest paid store employees to be there for hours at a time. If you're easily bored or numbers give you a headache, just work retail and get some benefits and opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Work alone, various locations
Cons
Low pay, constant communication from supervisors via phone and email, low tech equipment, low mileage comp., rude corporate communication
Data Collector/Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Nevada9 November 2015
I worked alone. I got to travel.I Learned about grocery.There was not any coworkers. The job was easy. I was independant and n my ownI liked being own.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RetailData LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8