RetailData LLC Employee Reviews

n/a
Collector (Former Employee) –  Waianae, HI1 May 2017
All I did was scan items that was on the list of inventory and when completed with my list all I needed to do was submit and send off to proper team. It was a great job
Good job
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX24 April 2017
Although the management is poor, you can make a lot of money. Its a wear and tear on the body but its worth it. You get to work alone in various stores and make your own schedule as long as you meet the required deadline.
Pros
Workong alone. Making good money.
Cons
Deadlines, hard on your back, and confusing management
Easy enough work, management is clueless though
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MO6 April 2017
The 'upstairs' environment is chaotic at best, I've gone through 3 bosses in 1 year. And the most recent one is almost absolutely clueless and lacking any kind of compassion or understanding.
Brought back my detailed retail side
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL1 April 2017
This is a very trending job and the time spent is a learning experience. I respect my peers and all the jobs they do on a daily basis. Especially my co-workers who have been very influential to me and I do appreciate all the time given...
Pros
scheduling
Cons
driving distances
Amazing Potential
Retail Data Collector (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VA9 March 2017
A great company that is beyond flexible to help you have a wonderful life at home with a good paycheck! Opportunity for part-time, full-time, and Lead Data Collector after short time for those with good CRI, like me. Opportunity to travel as desired. Great flexibility and people to work with!
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Traveling a lot, wear and tear on vehicle
No Opinion
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VA27 February 2017
Do not let the people in high places overwork you and do not be afraid to let them know. Some people do care about their employees, but the employees are definitely overworked and advancement is lacking.
Great flexibility
Data Collector (Current Employee) –  Marina, CA1 February 2017
Supportive District Manager, great flexibility, encourages self motivation. Helpful in improving time management skills and working with different personalities.
Great Job
Data Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Danville, VA23 January 2017
I have been with the company for over a year. I like the travel and my area manager is great. If I want more hours I can let my manager know and I got it. If I need time off same thing. I work on average 3 or maybe four days a week and can make enough to only need this one job for my bills and family. Plus I set my schedule. Just have to meet deadlines.
Pros
Great Manager
Cons
Pay could be a better flat rate
most enjoyable part of the job
Data Collector (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CA10 January 2017
Working with retail data,has proven to be a great move because it allows a lot of flexibility within the work schedule.Great as a second job,or for students.
Pros
freedom, flexibility, trust
Cons
the pay could be better
long hours/days w/ no down time
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Camillus, NY7 December 2016
DM job was very demanding. expected to be available 12 hours/day, 7 days/week. Always have your phone with you regardless as to when /where you are going. Conflicting direction as to be in front of your computer monitoring jobs/ be in the field covering/auditing. Field turn-over was unmanageable. Never completely staffed, took 4 weeks to hire, meanwhile someone else has quit.
Ok for a "hold-me over" job
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  United States26 June 2016
The "training" received is non-existent - You are given a hand-held and told "You use Z, R, or V buttons to input pricing" and are not sure what is for what. The first 90 days you are paid per hour and that's good. Then you go to "per piece" pay and that sucks. Mileage is reimbursed after the usual "normal" commute. The schedule changes often and at the last minute you are given jobs that are due that day, leaving you scrambling to complete them or else they are reported as late, If you can't reach your manager and have an issue heaven help you go to the next in line for assistance. You are working on your own schedule to complete the jobs within the time frame which works great for those needing to work around family schedules or full-time jobs. That is unless you are surprised with last minute jobs that have hours to be completed. Then you are expected to drop everything in your life and complete them.

This job is great for someone needing a part-time position or a hold-over until something permanent comes along or someone who is retired and just looking for something to do. I would not recommend it for anything else. One of the perks is getting to meet new people in the places you are working in.

There are no benefits and some long hours some days to complete jobs but its overall not a bad part-time job while working on hourly rate but not on piece pricing.
Pros
Great hold-over job.
Cons
Managers work against you. No benefits.
Salary, Schedules, and benefits
Data Collector (Current Employee) –  Virginia28 April 2016
This is a company that after the probation period gets by with paying pennies per piece to their employees. Employees work 10-18 hour days at times to get the work completed for 0.0157 (minimum) a piece. So for an 11 hour day that 6000 pieces may be gathered, the pay is between $60 and $70. The rate is atrocious. Most other companies of data collecting pay more than this per piece rate. Some rates are higher but not over .12 a piece and not many of these jobs available.

Scheduling is good. Although more people leave the job and not replaced, more jobs available to do. Again on piece rate, difficult to get happy with the pay.

Working part time (over 40 hours a week) no benefits available. Overtime pay is based on your piece rate of hourly pay, e.g. 4.80 per hour in overtime pay. It is not paid at the minimum wage rate nor at the time and half for overtime.
Pros
As much work as you want; deadlines are set; work as your own pace
Cons
no benefits, no raises, low pay
They ask a lot and pay very little
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NC16 February 2016
The first contact with this company after interviews and acceptance are Emails that require you to spend hours reading manuals, training yourself, electronically signing forms. All of this time is not reimbursed. They send company EMAILs constantly with changes to policy or manual, things to make note of...

I quit before I actually started. At my first training, I was told my job was to inventory everything in the target store, every week W-Sat.
The manager was doing it that week(well experienced) and it took her 20 hours. Then I found out I wasn't an employee of that store, but the client was a competitor.

The store I was supposed to work at was closer to my home, but the manager there told them to leave the store and not return. So, all I can imagine is that if I was a manager of a store where someone spent 20+ hours a week scanning items, I would kick them out. Then they'd assign me to different store, would I lose my income that week? They can't answer these questions because they're hypothetical.

$10/hour is what they pay during training and after that period it is piece rate -- the explanation of this rate in the manual is pretty inscrutable and the rate varies by product type.

I'm not a good liar. If I'm going to spend 20 hours in a single store every week, people are going to recognize me and get to know me. I can't just say 'I work for Retail Data and this is my assignment.' It's creepy. I could not see working that many hours in a store as an outsider. Can you imagine a lunch break with store employees, your peers, where you lie about what you are doing?
Pros
None that I can see
Cons
too many to list
Great for two month training
data collector (Former Employee) –  South Carolina17 January 2016
The first two months of training is worth it if you have nothing else to do. Eventually the assignment s become more time inflexible, time consuming as pay goes to a per piece rate and then it's just not worth the trouble. You're basically price harvesting in grocery stores, CVS, Walgreens, Walmart and getting paid less than the lowest paid store employees to be there for hours at a time. If you're easily bored or numbers give you a headache, just work retail and get some benefits and opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Work alone, various locations
Cons
Low pay, constant communication from supervisors via phone and email, low tech equipment, low mileage comp., rude corporate communication
Data Collector/Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Nevada9 November 2015
I worked alone. I got to travel.I Learned about grocery.There was not any coworkers. The job was easy. I was independant and n my ownI liked being own.
Flexible work environment
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA3 November 2015
Management was very helpful and the corporate office cared about their employees. As a trainer for them, I would travel and they had a well organized system in place to do so. I loved this job!
Pros
Flexible
Cons
It was a contract job
Self motivated. You work alone most the time.
Data Collector (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR17 August 2015
Your on your feet working in stores all over Portland metro area. You go from busy to not busy and then you get so much work that you end up working 13 hour days to not have a late. It is a good part time job for someone going to school. Which I did last couple years.
Pros
Make your own hours and long as you reach deadline
Cons
zero benefits and scheduleing needs help
Ok company to work for if just need extra income
Data Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT27 July 2015
Supervisor was very understanding of issues with the handheld instrument and the continuous problems that they were having. She was very thankful that I hung in there until the problems were worked out.
Pros
Work the hours you want
Cons
Tedious and boring
Flexible and competitive, repetitious but with great pay
Data Collector (Current Employee) –  Sherman,TX19 May 2015
I show up to work on my own time, greet a few store workers, and proceed to collect data for the company.

Before RetailData, I was average with 10-key. I'm not sure what my kph is, but I'm often complimented when customers happen to see me.

My coworkers are very helpful, when needed. For the most part, I work alone and manage my time to ensure the project is finished within the allotted time.

The hardest part of the job is doing the same thing all the time. Saying that, it's also the easiest. I know exactly how long projects are going to take and can manage myself.
Pros
Flexibility, break when you want, travel expense, minimal supervision
Cons
Healthcare
Nothing but Praise
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR4 April 2015
Retail Data was a life saver. They gave me an opportunity in a job market flooded with potential employees. I was excited when I got the job and still enjoy working for them a year later.

The work can be a little monotonous, but the flexibility of hours is beyond comparison. I get to travel all over the Portland/Vancouver metro area and work at different locations. While retail stores may all look the same inside, at least the route to work is not always the same.

Management has been great overall, they listen when you have concerns, and seem genuinely interested in the well-being of their employees. I even was granted time off within a few months of working.

This part-time job will be an experience I won't soon forget. I hope to keep working for Retail Data for some time. At least until I find a Full-Time replacement.
Pros
Travel, Flexible Hours, Management
Cons
Piece Rate Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RetailData LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8