Retail Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Re:
Supervisor/Customer Service (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BC/Abbotsford, BCApril 17, 2016
Assignments and responsibilities are performed under general supervision in accordance with established routine and performance. Operate a variety of data processing equipment. Knowledgeable of the functions, methods, rules, procedures and regulations of the operation.
productive and fun workplace
store manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 15, 2016
My days at work was always fun always something new going on meet new people everyday. i had a team of 67 and we all got along we all worked as a team.we worked hard but at the same time we had fun.
The hardest part of my job was is someone calls in sick it was hard to replace did not have enough staff
i learned a lot from this job from a part timer to department manager to assistant store manager in a short time.
my best part of the job was at the end of the day look at my sales to see how good of a day we had and then go and thank my team for a great well done job.
Productive and fun workplace
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), North LondonApril 10, 2016
very flexible hours, it is very easy to get help from top top management and head office. Different varieties of stock and easy to manage the store.
Great colleagues, great work environment but lacks importance on its employees advancement
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 9, 2016
Pros: flexible time
Cons: management must improve
Typical day at work would be patients pressuring less time to prepare their rx, multitasking from entering to filling to taking care of pickup as well as phone ringing. I learned that management are very focused on patient, as they should be, but lacks the ability to balance the pressure to its employees, lacks supports, lacks advancement to work , provides an average benefits which does not cover a specific needs for its employees.the
fun, productive
Customer Service (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: Outside all the time, nice relaxing breaks
Cons: sometimes the weather sucked
I loved working with the downtown Windsor community collaborative, this job taught me to be more social and outgoing. My job was to assist my boss, with harvesting the vegetables we planted to the downtown mission. We also created these gardens for the community to come together and enjoy fresh, free vegetables.
Great place to start out
Telephone sales rep (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: Vacation time on demand
Cons: No benefits
They are no longer in business but it was a very casual work place and there was no real stress working there. I liked that you could book vacation time when you wanted with a simple advanced notice.
Fun low paying part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 8, 2015
This was a fun and enjoyable part time job however considering the very low pay, I did not believe it fair to expect one to be available 365 days per year and every holiday.
Great working enviroment with good hours
Folding clothes and customer service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 30, 2015
Pros: safe enviroment
Cons: hours
This job was great while it lasted because not only did it pay good but the environment was extremely safe. I would have continued to work here however i could not fit the hours into my daily schedule so i spoke to the manager about it and quit. I would love to work somewhere that is just as good but can fit into my day by day schedule as well, seeing as i am a student.
Fun place to work. When you are employed at Nessya's Gems & Jewels, you become family.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEJune 12, 2015
Pros: We were required to wear jewelry sold in the store.
Cons: Cleaning the glass showcases on a daily basis.
I enjoyed helping customers choose the exact piece of jewelry they came in looking for. I enjoyed offering suggestions and getting to know the customers on a first-name basis.
Professional
Cashier (Former Employee), Timmins, OntarioMay 21, 2015
Pros: 50% purchases at Store
Cons: Rude customers
A typical day that happened at Sears is I would show up and start working as a cashier and work in retail at the same time. I would serve customers and when nothing was happening I would help in retail and clean up the clothes.
Most hardest part of my job was to serve rude customers.
And most enjoyable part is meeting my new co workers who are still my friends to this day.
Sears Kingston
Sales Manager, Training Manager (Former Employee), Kingston ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: started strong
Cons: had no respect for human rights
Initially a very positive experience but it was evident years ago that Sears was on the same road as Target Canada. The company lacked human compassion. The term you are only a number is Sears' HR motto
Fun Productive environment
Clareview Ricki's Shift Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaMay 5, 2015
Working as a team ensures that we meet our sales goals and carry out day to day tasks for the business. Throughout my time in this company, I have had a chance for many advancements as well as the ability to learn new skills in management. Though teamwork is a huge part of why I enjoy my job, the best part is the customers. I love to interact with people and being in a fast paced environment while being able to have fun with my co-workers and customers.
lot to learn
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 12, 2015
love to work in pharmacy as it is the busiest pharmacy. help to put my study in practice and learn lots of things that i missed in my education.
Learn to be grown
Formateur Quebecois (Current Employee), Québec City, QCFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: able to do training
Cons: lack of real advancements
RDS dint had any experience with quebec province

they trusted me an gave me space to built something

a typical day

check employes jobs and be sure they know what to do
day to day communications with the head office

i able to travel a lot since we got workers all over the province
ONLY AT FUNDAY
pharmacy techncian (Former Employee), KingstonJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: not so lucky
Cons: long hours
DOING THE REGULAR WORK ,LEARNING ABOUT A NEW DRUG ,MANAGEMENT AND COWORKER ARE EASY TO TALK TO ,WHEN YOU HAVE A CROWDED DAY, WHEN THE WORK IS FINISHED.
Productive job, very sociable, enjoyed working with people.
Claires Northgate (Former Employee), Regina, SKOctober 30, 2014
Pros: discounts on store inventory, meeting new people
Cons: stressful times working on my own
Loved working at claires, had to leave due to moving provinces, but am now back in regina.
its fun because it was in my country and we have a monthly and friendly top sellers bonuses
sales associate/staff (Former Employee), Manila, 2nd floor, robinson's place,ermita, manilaAugust 27, 2014
Pros: yearly holiday parties and summer company swiming
Cons: regular day, rest-day
i start the day by cleaning our boutique shoe shop (florsheim shoe shop) brushing all the shoes on the display area and even in the store room. in this job i learned how to be competitive in selling, educating costumers regarding what advantage we offer them if they choose to buy our products, enhance my costumer service ability, and my product knowledge. we have a supportive management that time. friendly, co workers are friendly,competitive and hardworking too. and i enjoyed being challenge in up-selling
A productive and fun day at work.
Candy Funhouse (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONAugust 16, 2014
Pros: making a decent amount of money and having a good time at work.
Cons: only working once a week.
A typical day at work was I showing up 45-30 minutes early each shift because that's what you are suppose to do to keep a good job. What I have learned is when I had the chance to use a cashier at times, and how to properly stock shelves. My management I had was to make sure others did not touch anything or destroy the store. My co-workers that I had a chance to work with for a month, they were all friendly outgoing people. I always had a fun time with them, and they always knew how to put smiles on everyone's faces. Now, the hardest part of the job would be lifting the heavy boxes from downstairs to upstairs to stock the shelves, also working the cashier at the times I would get a chance to. My most enjoyable part of the job was to welcome the kids into the store, and to help them with different challenges every weekend.
Loved this job, was given free reign to make the sales.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEAugust 4, 2014
Pros: was able to display items the way i thought they should be displayed to be best highlighted.
Cons: since i worked by myself, it was difficult to take a break.
Operated a Native Craft kiosk catering to cruise ship passengers. Set up displays, made and priced products. I was the only employee. The most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with passengers from all over the world and seeing my products go all over the world as well.
Smokers and Corners
Smokers and Corners (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJune 15, 2014
I learned how to communicate with customers in a mannerly way. The hardest part of the job is managing more than one customers but I learned how to do that now. My co-workers were really nice she was right beside me and she teached me new things.