Retail

Retail Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A productive and fun day at work.
Candy Funhouse (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONAugust 16, 2014
Pros: making a decent amount of money and having a good time at work.
Cons: only working once a week.
A typical day at work was I showing up 45-30 minutes early each shift because that's what you are suppose to do to keep a good job. What I have learned is when I had the chance to use a cashier at times, and how to properly stock shelves. My management I had was to make sure others did not touch anything or destroy the store. My co-workers that I had a chance to work with for a month, they were all friendly outgoing people. I always had a fun time with them, and they always knew how to put smiles on everyone's faces. Now, the hardest part of the job would be lifting the heavy boxes from downstairs to upstairs to stock the shelves, also working the cashier at the times I would get a chance to. My most enjoyable part of the job was to welcome the kids into the store, and to help them with different challenges every weekend.
Fun place to work at with family like atmosphere
customer service (Former Employee), Fredericton NBFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: music playing and being able to help others
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work i would walk around organizing clothes while helping customers with products. During this job i learned to work efficiently while still providing customer satisfaction. The hardest part of this job was the long hours standing up. The most enjoyable part was helping people pick out clothes most suitable to their style and taste.
Recap
Cashier (Former Employee), kitchenerMarch 31, 2012
Pros: long breaks
enjoyed working here, but as it shut down i no longer was working there.
Im a Fast Learner
American eagle Outfitters (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: lunch breaks
Cons: short breaks
It Doesn't Take A Long Time To Get A Hand Of Things. A Day At Work is Always Another Day Or Learning A New Thing Or How To Do Things. I Learned How To Keep A Neat Environment For
Customer, Fast Paste Worker . My Co-Worker Were Respectful And Was Treated Like One Another, I Showed Workers Respect And Helped Them If It Was Needed. The Hardest Part Was Helping Customer And Still Keeping My Section Maintained. the Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job Is Helping Customers And Make Them Leave As A Happy Customer.
It's a lot of standing.
Sam's Club (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: learning the company of production.
Cons: a huge turn over in the company.
It's a good and calm place to work at times and loading shelves lifting boxes,emptying trash in compactor
Dillards
Dillards (Current Employee), New Port Richey, FLDecember 30, 2014
Dillards does not care about their employees at all, worst company I have ever worked for..If you do not make your numbers and goals you are fired and escorted outside..Really there is no one to sell to in Gulfview Square Mall..
good
Informatica Lead (Former Employee), Kolkata, WBDecember 15, 2014
I have mainly worked in Informatica (both ETL & MDM) technologies.
buying clothes
bfly boutique (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 4, 2014
Pros: food
Cons: breaks
an typical day for me at work is pretty much when the customers come in and see all these clothes we purchases and want to buy them all , and the price is very reasonable for them and there satisfied with there purchase. Ive learned that its a lot more to clothes then we all think you have to know what the customers like and how much they wanna spend and the colors everything must go with your skin tone , far as management goes i have ran the store by myself with out my boss having to go back and check twice , the hardest part about working with retail is making sure everything is right and that your customers are happy , the most enjoyable things is that we are all satisfied with our purchase and you don't feel like you got cheated with anything you purchased
An Amazing and fun job.
Patricias (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 3, 2014
Pros: i like that i can rent movies and books and get discounts on items
Cons: the raises every six months and the fact that they give out bonuses
A typical day at work for me would be opening the store and counting my money for my drawer. Then walking around to make sire the store is in good shape things are in place and looking nice. After i unlock the doors and turn on the open sign now were are ready for business.As the day goes on if i have any questions my manager is one phone call away. they help with the problems and makes sure that i understand before i get off the phone. The hardest part of the day at the job is explaining something to a customer and they are rejecting everything i say that makes it hard for me to make sure they understand when all they are doing is shutting me down. the most enjoyable part of the job is when the customer leave satisfied.
Productive and work in a sport enviroment making every moment count
Store Manager (Former Employee), London, ENGNovember 12, 2014
Cons: part time
In my past experience I internally develop and learned how to handle the Store Manager responsibility.
I met excellent people along my way and had the best fun while working in a professional way.
The pressure of the busy days was the hardest part but I could find the solution for it with a good weekly and daily plan.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to work face to face with people and get to know them, I believe in Retail people is the most valuable resource!
Work Experience
Retail Volunteer (Former Employee), Barking and Dagenham, ENGOctober 23, 2014
Working closely with the clients, suppliers, transport companies planning delivery and dispatch of goods

Taking delivery of goods checking for damaged or missing items strong goods loading the goods for dispatch keeping records of stock and paperwork up to date and cleaning Work areas
A lot of work but a lot of fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), North Brunswick, NJOctober 9, 2014
I enjoyed working there. You had a lot to do but you got to talk to a lot of people and still have fun with your coworkers.
fun and rewarding
carer (Former Employee), londonOctober 9, 2014
Pros: meet knew people
i was a full time carer for my grandmother for over 2 years sady she passed away 6 months ago
most productive and informative retail ever, high employee loyalty
ADVERTSING (Former Employee), Durban, ZNSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: there is an hour for lunch
Cons: clocking out is at 5
I really love retail, point that it involves working with people and the management is excellent. The people I work with can be difficult sometimes but we cope at the end of the day. I like the diversity in the retail I worked with, they are the most naturally cultured individuals.
working at mall
Vanity (Former Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 25, 2014
Pros: working in the mall
Cons: short breaks
typical day at work is working with nice customers helping them out with things they need. And I learned how to work the cash register. The management was pretty good. The hardest part was learning all the codes for the register the most enjoyable was meeting customers
very fun place to work
rue21 (Former Employee), bloomington indianaAugust 21, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: no hours no raises
its a good job for college students or a first job or someone looking for part time.
Nice pay and nice environment.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhioAugust 12, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: easily fired
Collecting bills and making the quota for the day. Great pay and nice hours.
Retail
Retail - Receptionist (Current Employee), midcoast maineJuly 24, 2014
Pros: the experience
Cons: tough customers
I enjoy working in retail. I have always enjoyed working with the public even if they get real tough to deal with. I am always willing to except a challenge and love earning more responsibility.
Boring and hard place to enjoy a job
Kmart (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 15, 2014
Pros: friends made
Cons: the bosses
A typical day at work is putting up with other co-workers non sense and helping others fix their problems. I did not learn anything from this job, except how to tolerate others attitudes. Management is horrible very disrespectful and bossy. My co-workers had more respect then the bosses. The hardest part was dealing with the wrongful treatment. The most enjoyable part was the friends I made.
fun and hard working job
stocker (Former Employee), urbana,ilJuly 11, 2014
I stocked shelves and took care of people, I kept store clean, I learned how to be a fast hard worker, the hardest part was getting everything on the shelves, it was nice to work with the people I work with.

1 2 3 4 5