Retail Employee Reviews

Great working enviroment with good hours
Folding clothes and customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 30, 2015
This job was great while it lasted because not only did it pay good but the environment was extremely safe. I would have continued to work here however i could not fit the hours into my daily schedule so i spoke to the manager about it and quit. I would love to work somewhere that is just as good but can fit into my day by day schedule as well, seeing as i am a student.
Pros
safe enviroment
Cons
hours
Professional
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Timmins, OntarioMay 21, 2015
A typical day that happened at Sears is I would show up and start working as a cashier and work in retail at the same time. I would serve customers and when nothing was happening I would help in retail and clean up the clothes.
Most hardest part of my job was to serve rude customers.
And most enjoyable part is meeting my new co workers who are still my friends to this day.
Pros
50% purchases at Store
Cons
Rude customers
Productive job, very sociable, enjoyed working with people.
Claires Northgate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKOctober 30, 2014
Loved working at claires, had to leave due to moving provinces, but am now back in regina.
Pros
discounts on store inventory, meeting new people
Cons
stressful times working on my own
A productive and fun day at work.
Candy Funhouse (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONAugust 16, 2014
A typical day at work was I showing up 45-30 minutes early each shift because that's what you are suppose to do to keep a good job. What I have learned is when I had the chance to use a cashier at times, and how to properly stock shelves. My management I had was to make sure others did not touch anything or destroy the store. My co-workers that I had a chance to work with for a month, they were all friendly outgoing people. I always had a fun time with them, and they always knew how to put smiles on everyone's faces. Now, the hardest part of the job would be lifting the heavy boxes from downstairs to upstairs to stock the shelves, also working the cashier at the times I would get a chance to. My most enjoyable part of the job was to welcome the kids into the store, and to help them with different challenges every weekend.
Pros
making a decent amount of money and having a good time at work.
Cons
only working once a week.
Fun place to work at with family like atmosphere
customer service (Former Employee) –  Fredericton NBFebruary 13, 2013
A typical day at work i would walk around organizing clothes while helping customers with products. During this job i learned to work efficiently while still providing customer satisfaction. The hardest part of this job was the long hours standing up. The most enjoyable part was helping people pick out clothes most suitable to their style and taste.
Pros
music playing and being able to help others
Recap
Cashier (Former Employee) –  kitchenerMarch 31, 2012
enjoyed working here, but as it shut down i no longer was working there.
Pros
long breaks