Retail Data LLC

Retail Data LLC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun place to work
Data Collector (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 4, 2014
Pros: you make you own hours
Cons: pay, benefits
hours are good but the pay and benefits are too low. This was my second job.
Challenge and exiciting
Field Rep (Former Employee), VirginiaMarch 4, 2014
Pros: constant on the go
Cons: being out of town too much
A typical day at work was spent driving all hours and meeting lots of new people. The hardest part of the job was not knowing month to month if there was enough work
Great concept but needs improvement
Retail Data Collection (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLMarch 3, 2014
Pros:

Ability to set your own schedule within a broader schedule. For example, you have two weeks to get this shop done, but it can be done anytime during that window.

Learning brands and pricing trends

I enjoyed visiting different stores (mostly grocery) and learning their layouts, and meeting the employees.

Cons:

Piece Rate!

During training, – more... I had good pay at a flat rate, because of course, my scanning skills were not up to par with the company average. At the end of my probationary period, I had improved greatly, but no matter how hard I tried, I could not get past 60% or 70% (compared to averages from other scanners) scanning speed. Knowing that my pay would convert to piece rate, I asked my manager for help, but did not receive any constructive feedback as to how to improve my speed.

So basically, it's a great job while you're training, but once you go to piece rate, you are working twice as hard for half the pay, no matter what algebraic formulas they try to use to explain it.

I will say that corporate was quick to respond to any equipment/program questions I had, and the people I spoke with were always friendly and helpful. And my manager was nice, just very busy and probably overworked.

I think if there was a way for all of the data collectors to 'meet' (via forum perhaps?) and compare notes/share tips, etc., that there would be more of a feeling of camaraderie and loyalty, and newer data collectors could learn how the more established ones are able to get such high scan percentages. Also, perhaps District Managers should be given assistants to help field emails/phone calls, etc.

It was an interesting job, and I'm glad I had the chance to do it. Learning so many brands and pricing trends has really improved my couponing/grocery shopping skills, lol! – less
What day is typical?
Eastern Region Logistics Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VaFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: ability to work from home at times
Cons: 6 and 7 day work weeks
My job is different every day. I get off to an early start so I can follow up on the 600 jobs that are due from the region that I manage.I speak daily with the six District Managers that work under me from Upstate New York to Florida.. It is a difficult, challenging, and rewarding job as each District Manager has between 30-50 employees that work under – more... them in their district, We have over 100 clients and check pricing information for them at most grocery retailers in the country. I have learned that no 2 days, much less 2 hours are the same, and that relying on employees that live hundreds of miles away will test your patience which makes my job very difficult, I enjoy knowing that I have given my all daily and have successfully completed many projects for a wide array of clients. – less
busy when work is to be done
Auditor/Data collector (Current Employee), orlando, flJuly 10, 2013
Pros: good pay for some jobs
Cons: low hours, low paying jobs, inconsistant schedule
great company to work with for someone who needs something to do on their spare time.
Great company to work for
Data Collector (Current Employee), Fairbanks, AKJune 13, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
I love the fact that I set my own hours; most enjoyable part of the job is I get paid to go to the store; I can pick up my groceries as I work!
Field Representative/Auditor (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAMay 16, 2013
The company is very friendly and my District Manager was very receptive and helpful

About Retail Data LLC