Restoration Hardware

Restoration Hardware Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Terrible management - False expectations
Sales Assocaite (Former Employee), TorontoJune 5, 2013
Pros: discount is nice. all non-management are great.
Cons: cult like. poor pay. minimal hours, never can be fulltime.
The typical work day included judgemental stares of your attire. Regardless of the high end brand names. Your are still given the once over and usually attacked for hair being out of place, a shoe needing polishing or your pants a shade to their disliking. Meanwhile, company dresscode (Business Casual) and is outlined on a poor sheet filled with images of models wearing clothing from Banana Republic. Bottom line nothing is good enough and is based on opinions from management and favoritism. Push, Push PUSH to sell is the main goal. Forget all the ideas, goals and excitement they preach in meetings and the ideologies of the core values. It all comes down to SELL. Meet the quota with no incentive by the way or else face being penalized and of course losing hours. As an abusive bullying tactic hours are used as collateral. Take vacation that you've been planning for years, come home and for the next month you receive minimal hours as a lesson to show you to never disobey management. The hardest part is seeing the company for what it really is and realizing the tactics and mind control used to keep you where they want you. Your sucked in to think its an amazing design position when its a sales job. At the end you meet some great sales staff like yourself and thats it.
Don't do it
Leader (Former Employee), Bayview, Toronto ONJune 3, 2013
Pros: discount on product
Cons: everything else
So many times while working here I thought to myself, I would rather be scrubbing puke off of a public bathroom floor than be here. The core values only apply when the store leader can use them against you. You will always be wrong in any scenario. You will NOT have a life. Leaving restoration hardware was the best choice I ever made. Please- if you have any self esteem, don't apply. McDonald's pays the same if you need the money.
Great Staff, Horrible Leaders/Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 3, 2013
Pros: sales staff is amazing.
Cons: poor leadership and head office control, poor salary, high expectations
Pushed to sell, make daily quotas, penalized for not making sales. No place to advance. Minimal hours given, they hire too many PT employees to compete over hours. Management from head office comes down too hard on store leaders causing a trickle effect of animosity and negative attitudes. Co-workers on the sales floor are amazing, one thing restoration hardware knows how to do is attract and obtain amazing people who are better than the position hired. Hardest part is trying to make a living while working there unless you are a manager/leader who gets full time. Otherwise you dedicate so much yet see nothing in return. You cant live off 10 hours a week.

June 5, 2013

I used to work at a Toronto location and I am glad to be out of there. Everyday there was a day wasted that I wish I could get back. Its sad to see that there are others out there who have the same regards towards the place.

Good company, many great people to work with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 6, 2013
Good company, many great people to work with. Some design experience.
Exciting and energizing job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Yonge Street Toronto, OntarioNovember 11, 2011
Pros: every morning meetings, we would have games related to core values, or getting to know you!
Cons: no promising full time job
The store has a homey and friendly environment. It caters to high end customers in majority who understands the beauty of restored furnishings with taste. Training was very good on how to meet the changing demands of our customers. They had product knowledge catalogues for us to learn & most of their Senior Employees were very generous helping us with the products, placing orders & more. RH owns a wonderful core values that reflects their employees who had worked with them for many years. And new ones whether full-timer or part- timer have to learn the corporate values.
I enjoyed entertaining our customer's "furry children" who shops along with them and alot of them. So we made sure that we have on stock of pet treats by the register. It was a wonderful experience working with RH even for a few months.

About Restoration Hardware

Restoration Hardware is a luxury brand in the home furnishings marketplace offering furniture, lighting, textiles, bathware, décor, – Read more

Restoration Hardware Photos