Restoration Hardware

Restoration Hardware Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Terrible management - False expectations
Sales Assocaite (Former Employee), TorontoJune 5, 2013
Pros: discount is nice. all non-management are great.
Cons: cult like. poor pay. minimal hours, never can be fulltime.
The typical work day included judgemental stares of your attire. Regardless of the high end brand names. Your are still given the once over and usually attacked for hair being out of place, a shoe needing polishing or your pants a shade to their disliking. Meanwhile, company dresscode (Business Casual) and is outlined on a poor sheet filled with images – more... of models wearing clothing from Banana Republic. Bottom line nothing is good enough and is based on opinions from management and favoritism. Push, Push PUSH to sell is the main goal. Forget all the ideas, goals and excitement they preach in meetings and the ideologies of the core values. It all comes down to SELL. Meet the quota with no incentive by the way or else face being penalized and of course losing hours. As an abusive bullying tactic hours are used as collateral. Take vacation that you've been planning for years, come home and for the next month you receive minimal hours as a lesson to show you to never disobey management. The hardest part is seeing the company for what it really is and realizing the tactics and mind control used to keep you where they want you. Your sucked in to think its an amazing design position when its a sales job. At the end you meet some great sales staff like yourself and thats it. – less
Don't do it
Leader (Former Employee), Bayview, Toronto ONJune 3, 2013
Pros: discount on product
Cons: everything else
So many times while working here I thought to myself, I would rather be scrubbing puke off of a public bathroom floor than be here. The core values only apply when the store leader can use them against you. You will always be wrong in any scenario. You will NOT have a life. Leaving restoration hardware was the best choice I ever made. Please- if you – more... have any self esteem, don't apply. McDonald's pays the same if you need the money. – less
Great Staff, Horrible Leaders/Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 3, 2013
Pros: sales staff is amazing.
Cons: poor leadership and head office control, poor salary, high expectations
Pushed to sell, make daily quotas, penalized for not making sales. No place to advance. Minimal hours given, they hire too many PT employees to compete over hours. Management from head office comes down too hard on store leaders causing a trickle effect of animosity and negative attitudes. Co-workers on the sales floor are amazing, one thing restoration – more... hardware knows how to do is attract and obtain amazing people who are better than the position hired. Hardest part is trying to make a living while working there unless you are a manager/leader who gets full time. Otherwise you dedicate so much yet see nothing in return. You cant live off 10 hours a week. – less

Chris456 – June 5, 2013

I used to work at a Toronto location and I am glad to be out of there. Everyday there was a day wasted that I wish I could get back. Its sad to see that there are others out there who have the same regards towards the place.

Good company, many great people to work with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 6, 2013
Good company, many great people to work with. Some design experience.
Top notch brand that is truly leading ALL home retailers below Ralph Lauren Home.
Visual Merchandising Operations Manager (Former Employee), Corte Madera, CAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: super trend setting brand that is leading home retailers
Cons: not for the weak, need to have the drive, if you think you are just getting in and do little, not the place for you.
Absolutely a trend setting brand that I was so very blessed to have worked for and had the experience of building what we see today. From the front to the back of retail stores, the look, feel, sound, and smell of the brand and all aspects of what you see, I learned so much and feel it was the greatest company I have worked for.

The leadership is tough – more... if you are not willing to listen and take great notes, you should not consider the company. You need to ensure you have the drive to do better every time. The CEO is driven to be the best and will get there. Once you have his trust, he is very rewarding and true to the brand. The chief creative officer is right on trend and leading the industry on how things are developed and done in every creative aspect. The chief product officer is absolutely the best person to work with and for. Gets people, gets the product and understands what it takes to make it all happen.

Creatively the company has it's chosen few but they have earned their title and truly know the business. Each of the creative leaders is driving to always out do the last execution and it shows in all of what you see today. – less
ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tracy, CAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: health benifits
Cons: management
Restoration Hardware was an ok place to work. It paid well for what you did and the customers were ok for the most part. However management played favorites which made the work environment uncomfortable.
productive work environment
sales associate (Current Employee), Vero Beach, FLJuly 14, 2014
Pros: hard work is rewarded
Cons: no benefits for part time workers
I enjoy working here just wish the position was full time. the company sells quality furniture.
very negative environment
customer care advocate (Former Employee), West Jefferson, OhioJuly 11, 2014
Pros: very clean
Cons: management very poor, low morale, deceitful
You schedule changes every 3 months. Only time I received 40 hours of week was Nov & Dec. They listen to 100% of the calls and are very critical about what you say. You have to say the person name in the 1st sentence and repeat what the customer wants. They expect you to be on the call, follow SOP and note with details in under 10 min. If you cant do – more... this you will be wrote up. It doesnt matter if you are one minute late or 4 hours still 1/2 occurrence. – less
Very bad place
Backend support (Current Employee), Tracy caJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: everything
RUN FROM THIS PLACE!!!!!! Very low wages, they rather give parties instead of raises!!! Management plays favorites, if your not their favorite you don't get ahead!!! They make you feel less and non important!
Hard Labor
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAJune 30, 2014
Working at restoration hardware, was hard labor. Furniture was very heavy almost to heavy to only be handled by one or two employees for that matter. But overall i did enjoy working with the employees, we helped one another. Back brace should definitely be a requirement for this job.
Decent place to work
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee), Tracy, CAJune 28, 2014
Take customer phone calls, logistics.
Learned how to process furniture orders for high end clients
Loved working with Co-workers
All right place to work in the short term
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dawsonville, GAJune 25, 2014
Pros: hour lunch, fun coworkers
Cons: bad management, demanding of time
This is an all right pace to work for the short term to get you by. This is not the kind of job you can be proud of for long.
They demand all of your time and don't give consistent schedules. One week you can work nine hours and the next 30 hours. The pay is above minimum wage which is good, but they decide pay based on how much they like you and not – more... on past experience.
The lower management is nice but is in the head managers back pocket. Upper management looks out for themselves and expect you to dedicate everything to your job.
Here the costumer is always right. Which is bad if you don't bend over backwards for them.
Time off here is shoddy at best. They will change the schedule at a moments notice so promised time off can change the day before. There are also blackout dates from 11/01 to 1/15 so you wont get any holiday time off to travel and visit family.
Coworkers are fun and typically college students. There's a lot of down time during the week which can be filled with little projects that management gives to fill time but don't really amount to anything. There's a lot of socializing and goofing off during the week and afternoons especially. – less
WORLD OF KIDS
Customer Service/ Call Center (Former Employee), Tracy, CAJune 18, 2014
Pros: getting kids a home
Cons: power
Making sure the families are well trained, and paperwork is done correctly.
Fun people at same level, management could go.
Technical Support Analyst I/II (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJune 12, 2014
Pros: breakfast on fridays
Cons: bad planning and coordination.
Management tends to rush to decisions, causing a downpour of issues for helpdesk and support center.
A decent ideal warehouse
warehouse worker (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJune 10, 2014
I enjoyed working at that company, just wish the pay was better but overall, not a bad place to work.
Very good people. Very fun company
DC/HDL Advocate (Current Employee), Tracy, CAMay 27, 2014
just did an unpaid internship so can't say much about compensation and benefits but the people are absolutely amazing. Very nice and treated everyone the same regardless if you were a director or just an assistant.
Okay place to work with okay benefits
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), West Jefferson, OHMay 21, 2014
Pros: they go above and beyond for their workers
Cons: shift changes ever 3-4 months
My day consisted of taking phone calls and placing orders for customers. The co-workers were great and the overtime was out of this world, but it wasn't enough of a challenge.
great for active people
Operator (Former Employee), loma linda, caMay 20, 2014
Pros: good work outs
Cons: limited advancement
excellent for young adults and teens.. teaches great time management and team work..

and you build a new family and a sense of belonging.
Supportive Managment
Customer Advocate (Current Employee), West Jefferson, OHMay 19, 2014
Pros: supportive staff
Cons: hours
Restoration Hardware is by far the best job I have had. The customers are all very polite, but the true reason I enjoy my job are the Managers. I have never felt so supported in all my decision, weather its a career, personal, or even when I decided to change schools they have been supportive and helped me map out my next steps.
Fast pace and friendly enviroment
Home Delivery Returns Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 6, 2014
The start of a day in the Home Delivery Department could be anywhere from 4:30 - 5am. This is another fast paced environment due to the high attention that is required in this department to each order. I learned how to muti-task with accuracy and in a timely manner. There were many people in this department and also another company I worked closely – more... with to ensure high end customer service. I feel the hardest part of this job was the End of Quarter rush. This happens 4 times a year and it is very demanding time but very accomplishing in the end. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Restoration Hardware

Restoration Hardware puts vintage American fixtures and fittings into homes old and new. The company sells upscale home and outdoor¬†furnishings, – Read more