Senior Mining Engineer Dufferin Mine Development Project
Since it was first established in 1994, Ressources Appalaches has targeted the discovery and development of deposits of base and precious metals located in the Appalachians and on the Quebec North Shore. In order to diversify the risks associated with its strategy, the Company holds some dozen mineral properties in various stages of development.
Ressources Appalaches has recently become the sole proprietor of the Dufferin Mine, located in Nova Scotia and intends on bringing the mine to production shortly. The refurbishment of the mine and subsequent initial operational capability compels Les Ressources Appalaches to seek qualified candidates to join us in this terrific opportunity.
We have assembled an effective mining team with a depth of experience. This team is empowered to provide leadership and ensure that the corporate philosophy is carried out within all levels of the company. We are looking to add a Senior Mining Engineer to our squad. If you are motivated, love a challenge, with unlimited potential, this position is right for you.
Job Title: Senior Mining Engineer Location: Sheet Harbour, Nova Scotia
Reporting to the Director of Mining, you will work in an energetic atmosphere where environment, safety and production results are essential for success. The key functions and responsibilities of the position include:
1. Provide strategic planning related to mine development for early stage project;
2. Mine Planning, production schedules and cost estimation;
3. Shaft development, mine ventilation and geotechnical design;
4. Developing and maintaining planning systems and processes to acceptable standards;
5. Determining equipment and infrastructure requirements for mining gold ore in an underground mine;
6. Development of long-term operational mine plans in line with the strategic business plan;
7. Analyzing operational performance and applying continuous improvement techniques;
8. Reviewing designs of dumps, access roads, ramps and mine site facilities;
9. Preparing resource/reserve estimations and annual technical report
10.Supervising and training departmental personnel to perform duties as required;
11.Project management duties, including, but not limited to: contract review, cost estimation, schedule tracking and reporting
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experiences:
1.Strategic thinker who has strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills;
2.A minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering;
3.8-12 years experience in underground and open pit mines;
4.Strong leadership, organizational and time management skills;
5.Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities as well as the ability to work effectively as a team leader with minimal supervision;
6.Knowledge of engineering techniques as they apply to mine design, mine planning, equipment analysis and project management;
7.Proficiency with common mine software including AutoCad and A-Mine software; and,
8.PEng and PMP designations are desirable.
This Senior Mining Engineering position is considered to be a unique opportunity to share in the inception of the Dufferin Mine project in Nova Scotia. A competitive compensation package awaits the successful candidate.