Junior Mining Engineer / Mine Tech
Location: Dufferin Mine, Sheet Harbour, Nova Scotia Closing Date: to be announced
Reporting to the Senior Mine Engineer, you will work in an energetic atmosphere where environment, safety and production results are essential for success. The key functions and responsibilities of the position include:
1. Designing of mine for underground development and production phases;
2. Maintaining and updating the mine operations database; working with resource calculations software and autocad;
3. Communicating and coordinating effectively with mine operations personnel;
4. Analyzing ventilation, blasting and productivity;
5. Determining methods to extract minerals, considering factors such as safety, operational costs, deposit characteristics, overburden depth, and surrounding landscape.
6. Planning, recommending, and coordinating mining process, type and capacity of haulage equipment, such as power shovels and trucks, as well as labor utilization and scheduling in a dynamic environment.
7. Directing mine construction operations, such as location and development of shafts, tunnels, chambers, position of excavation benches, and access roads.
8. Designing, implementing, and monitoring facility projects, such as water and power supply, ventilation system, rock-dust and radon gas control, drainage, rail and conveyor systems, and material cleaning, grading, and reduction systems.
9. Assuming other duties and/or responsibilities, as required, in response to changing circumstances
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experiences:
1. A Bachelor's Degree in Mining Engineer;
2. 3-5 years experience in an operating mine;
3. Strong organization and time management skills;
4. Proficiency with common mine software including AutoCad and A-Mine software;
5. Underground and open pit mining experience would be advantageous;
6. PEng Designation is considered desirable; and,
7. Strong commitment to safe working practices and procedures.
This junior mining position is considered to be a unique opportunity to share in the inception of the Dufferin Mine project in Nova Scotia. A competitive compensation package awaits the successful candidate.