Job Title: Admin/Financial Clerk Location: Sheet Harbour/Dufferin Mine, NS
1. The Admin/Finance assistant will provide vital links between the administrative and accounting departments and the clients they serve.
2. Follow payroll procedures and processes and comply with relevant legislation and regulations.
3. Prepare or assists in preparing various financial or administrative reports, while keeping informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process.
4. Assist the financial and admin officer with everyday tasks such as billing, forwarding mail or filing invoices and other important documents as well as entering financial data.
5. Ensure appropriate documentation is complete and accurate and follows procurement and government policies and guidelines.
6. Providing advice and administration support in areas of finance and budgeting.
7. Deal with payroll and benefit inquiries from staff in a timely and professional manner.
8. Maintains and updates employee records on payroll system.
9. Develops, manages and maintains comprehensive payroll record.
10. Assists with year-end processes with the Finance Officer.
11. Maintains good communication with the HR Department on employee changes and payroll related information.
Employment Qualifications and Requirements
1. 2-3 Years Accounts Payable/Receivable experience required
2. Grade 12 with training at the business education at the community college level
3. The incumbent should possess strong communication skills, must be client focused and capable of responding to requests with tact and diplomacy.
4. Should be proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook/e-mail systems and Presentation software.
5. Professional attitude
6. Good organisational skills
8. High accuracy level
9. Ability to work independently and most importantly as a member of a team.
10. Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
11. Advanced education in Finance/Accounting is an asset.
12. Working towards a career in Finance /Accounting would be a great asset.