Director of Nursing Position
Join an organization recognized as a quality provider of service to seniors for over 30 years!
Our Vision... Creating communities where people of all ages achieve all they can be.
Mission: We make the difference... pioneering services for individuals in a caring community.
What we Value... People
Participation ~ Make It Happen
Excellence ~ Go Beyond
Openness ~ Listen, Care, Share
Performance ~ Pursue Your Personal Best
Longevity ~ Think Today, Think Tomorrow
Efficient Use of Resources~ Conserve, Innovate, Share
As the Director of Nursing, you oversee the nursing staff team which is made up of a Nurse Manager, Nurse Manager Associate, a Manager of Clinical Informatics, registered staff, and personal support workers. You have strong project management and leadership skills. You coordinate systems and procedures, manage reporting measures, meet with the management team, and report to the Administrator directly.
Be a part of a progressive organization where emphasis is placed on patient/person-centred care - assisting our residents to live life to the fullest in a dynamic residential setting, where they are supported, served, and treated with dignity and respect.
We need compassion, but values-based. We want case specific solutions, yet set in principles. We want kindness, but with consideration. We want hard-nosed business, but not at the expense of people. We want to hit our budgets, but not sacrifice services. We want you to hold people accountable, while at the same time motivating them.
Dilemma? Contradiction? Not for the right person. Breathe leadership life into the nursing team. You are it. You lead them. All the residents’ families are looking to your policies, your communications skills, and your ability to generate trust. You will grow in this position; you will hit new levels of self.
Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated managerial experience and a minimum of three (3) years of experience as a registered nurse (RN), and at least one (1) year of long term care experience. You’ve worked in long term care residences. You understand how they run and the dynamics of this special world
- A bachelor of science (Nursing) degree is an asset, as is post-RN education in gerontology
- Certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario is required
- Knowledge of infection control is required. PH Certification would be an asset
- Computer literacy is a requirement. Familiarity with the PointClickCare software is an asset
- You have overriding personal values and you don’t mind bringing them to work. Stand up for what you believe and be counted
- This is a serious career position in a uniquely challenging environment.
Location: Toronto, ON
We can tell you that this career move comes with a competitive salary, full benefits package (medical, dental), serious job stability, and a team of people who not only want to see you succeed, but will cheer you on each step of the way.