Are you looking to obtain a position that allows you to directly impact company culture, the customer experience and the advancement of your skills and education in a collaborative, fast paced environment? If so, this may be just the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
Our client is an IT firm that provides Network and Technical Services and support to small and medium sized businesses in Alberta. Their goal is to maximize business efficiency through the use of technology.
The Service Desk Technician is responsible for both remote and onsite service and support needs for clients. This relates to all technology including: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
On a day-to-day basis, this individual will be required to:
- Deliver IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware.
- Provide support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Provide implementation and support services for disaster recovery solutions.
- Deliver technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Facilitate remote access solutions, implementation and support (VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix).
- Develop inventory of system documentation to include system reviews and recommendations.
- Participate in regular proactive communication to customers as required by keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes and/or agreed outages
- Provide exceptional customer service leading to a high level of customer satisfaction resulting in a favorable company reputation within customer base and industry.
- Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Be able to gain specific knowledge of customers and how IT relates to their business strategies and goals.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the service catalog in order to effectively meet customer’s needs.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Enter time and expenses as they occur.
- Work through a daily schedule that has been established through the dispatch process.
- Remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry through formal and informal education and apply knowledge to daily activities.
Requirements and Qualifications
The successful candidate will possess:
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP.
- Minimum 2 years of technical experience.
- Post-secondary diploma is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills to enable timely solutions to a wide variety of technical issues from basic technical to basic network support.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Solid understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Strong typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
How To Apply: Please submit your resume by email to the attention of Shauna Yohemas with “User Support Technician” written in the subject line. We appreciate all applications however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.