Resolute Forest Products Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Bad place to work stay away
Operator (Current Employee), Atikokan, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: Pay check
Cons: don't treat you with respect and continually lie
The workers here are good thats the only good thing. Management is terrible don't care about anyone and lie all the time.They pay $5 dollars hr less then anyone else. they ride you all day and allways say your not doing a good enough job. The mill I'm at there is 5 harassment law suits.
Good Job
Accounting Manager (Current Employee), Montreal, CAJanuary 14, 2016
Good job, great people. Employees are valued. Good work life balance. Canadian headquarters so management is more liberal than United States managed companies.
Location is and has been in survival mode for years.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Thorold, ONNovember 20, 2015
Pros: Safety gear provided, programs in place to be good
Cons: Direction inconsistent, People routinely thrown under the bus, Clique-ish
Market has had the particular location I worked at shift into survival mode for a long while. The long term workforce is increasingly jaded and its relationship with management is luke-warm at best. Management trends from recent internal transfers are bent on micromanagement from mid-level down through to the worker level, which is met with a predictable outcome.

I have heard that other mills have a better culture. There is opportunity to improve.

People individually are very skilled here, very good at their roles and do their best at lower management roles to co-operate and get things done.
Utilities Shift Supervisor/Stationary Engineer (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONOctober 22, 2015
Good place to work.
I worked there for over 30 years. I started at the bottom and worked my way up the ladder, the room for advancement is great.
Had good experiences with new and old technology, great people and many different situations that put us to the test.
Control Systems Technologist (Former Employee), Iroquois Falls, ONOctober 5, 2015
Pros: learnt old programming, got to work with older systems, safety appreciation weeks (free lunch during that week)
Cons: old, outdated, dirty, always fighting fires
This was an old but sufficient paper mill that closed in the three quarter mark of 2014. Learnt many different systems and had the opportunity to do a little bit of everything from electrician apprentice to drafter and then to automation but having the title as a control systems technologist. Meet some great people whom I will never forget. Sadly, the building and mill, being almost 100 years old had to permanently shut its doors as newer paper mill from Resolute Forest Products were making cleaner paper with newer instruments and new technology that made them more efficient and easy to keep running. Overall I have a fantastic experience.
Well paying job where I went to work accomplished many things and moved afterwards to college and am now seeking f/t work
Maintenance/Operator/Cleaner (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free water + occassional lunches
Cons: long shifts
-worked hard
-locked out equipment
-used tools
-worked at heights
-used expensive machinery and equipment
no appreciation
fiber line operator (Former Employee), Fort Frances, ONJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: good schedule
Cons: not safe, loud, poorly managed
its loud, poorly managed , treats employees very poorly.
after 26 yrs its time to move on ...mainly because theyre closing the doors
Nice work environment
Accounts Payable (Current Employee), Montreal, QcFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: close to public transport
Cons: not enough permanent placements
This company is a nice place to work. Well situated and comfortable work environment. Co-worker are friendly and supportive.
Enjoyable workplace environment, but non-existant job security because of forestry market
4th CLASS POWER ENGINEER (Current Employee), Fort Frances, ONDecember 31, 2012
Pros: great staff, good hours, great pay
Cons: job security
I really enjoyed working for this company that offers good opportunities for job mobility/advancement for motivated individuals. Great work atmosphere and team dynamic. I would NOT be looking for new employment if the company was downsizing at the pulp & paper mill in my hometown.
I enjoy working with people in a fast paced environment. Made a lot of good friends and learned a lot about the industry.
continuous relief operator (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, ONOctober 29, 2012
Pros: safety award lunches
Cons: lumber market is unstable
Working in unison wth fifteen people in a safety conscious workplace. The ability to nurture and train employees for certain jobs to their skill ability. The best part of job is to learn how each employee can use there skill set to full potential and utilize it.The most enjoyable part of job is making sure we have a good shift and no one gets injured so they can go home to their families.