ResMed Employee Reviews

it was fun
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SC11 August 2016
I hate that the company closed in the Duncan area. I missed my friends there even though we just worked there six months. But overall it was fun.
Working at Resmed
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint-Priest (69)1 March 2016
The work is hard, various. You need to learn to work under-pressure, pay attention to details and to priorize.
In a typical day, you will answer to customers by phone and email, contact your warehouse, deal with complaint, enter the orders on the database, follow the commercial trade. But, you have a very friendly team, everybody is very helpful and support each other
Fast paced call center environment.
Senior Software Support Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA12 February 2016
The typical day at work is answering phones and emails. Helping coworkers with troubleshooting issues.
I learn new things everyday because I deal with different operating systems i.e. Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, and other interacting software packages.
Management is good, always trying to support us and provide the training and tools to do my job.
My co-workers are a good team, we help and support each other with solutions to resolve the issue.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers and patients that want you to solve their issues even if it is beyond your control. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you resolve the customers issue and they are very happy with your solution.
Pros
Gym, yoga, several exercise classes. Excellent benefits and customer service appreciation week.
Cons
Micro-managed work schedule and hard to schedule time off.
No activities.
Second In Charge (2IC) (Former Employee) –  Castle Hill NSW10 February 2016
This was only a job to get me by until i could find a full time position. the people here are friendly and easy going and really honest with you.
Pros
Good People
Cons
None.
Fun work environment
Accounts Receivables Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA8 November 2015
RMA was a fast paced work environment. They offered a great compensation program for bonuses. They had fun company events that motivated employees to enjoy their jobs. RMA was a great place to build your career. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Great peers
nice people
Operations Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Mesa, CA18 November 2015
the people at ResMed are great but unless you are in management the pay is not very well. I feel that there is a lot of money put in places that would be better of if it was used to give employee better raises.
Pros
great attitude in the work place
Cons
low pay
Great Company Changing Lives
Shipping Clerk II/Equipment Driver (Current Employee) –  Duncan, SC22 April 2015
Great Benefits: Health, Vacation, Sick days, and Holidays
Productive Workplace with a focus on Safety, Quality, and Customer Satisfaction.
Awesome Extra Employee Benefits: Ping Pong table & Air Hockey in the break room, Family fun Day and Christmas Party
Progressive Safety Program
Guaranteed 40+ hours a week
Great Management with an open door policy

A great company to work for whose focus is making peoples lives better. I think that is the best part, knowing each day when you have finished working, that the work you do changes lives.
If only the management matched the beautiful building
Marketing communications (Former Employee) –  San Diego26 July 2014
Great pay and beautiful building, cafe and gym. However, if managers/directors have no people skills and treat staff like garbage, all of the bells and whistles are just window dressing. Some managers are great, but others should just be leading a dept. of one. Top leadership is disconnected from reality. Everyone works in silos with no communication across department lines. New hires are thrown to the wolves and it is literally sink or swim. Very hard to break into culture.
Pros
Pay and facilities
Cons
Poor communication and directors only caring about themselves
Hard on the home life.
Distribution Lead / Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SC4 May 2015
Not a good place to work if you have small kids. Lots of overtime during the weekdays and some weekends, Qtr ends are the worst 21 days straight without a day off. Hard on the body.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
You spend more time at work, and less time with the family.......
Management is Awful!
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA5 June 2012
Management is atrocious! They have no idea how clinical research is run. They micro manage, they have you running around putting out one fire after another. And they have no idea how to prioritize. The company it self is wonderful but the Medical Affairs department needs some major work.

Co-workers are awesome since they know what's going on. They all work together to get stuff done and it does make up for management.

The benefits are great, and you get a ton of holiday time.

I've heard that they cleaned house over the last 6 months. Good luck.
benefits
Cons
management doesn't help you grow nor do they give you direction on what they want.
production worker at ResMed in Duncan SC
production (Former Employee) –  Duncan SC23 July 2014
I started with ResMed in Duncan SC on April 14,2014. I was told would not be laid off until Jan 2014. we,the temps went into work on Monday July 21,2014, guess what our badges did not work---well, we got in anyway just to find out we no longer worked there...ResMed did not let us know nor did they tell the temp service we worked for...The manager was married, but that did not stop him for putting his picture on a black singles dating site and also said he was divorced. What kind of manager does this????There was some people there that only caused trouble, one evan went to the point of telling lies about people. They think we don't know who they are, but we do....
Pros
alot of great people
Cons
there is always bad people no matter where you work, but to lie on someone is the worst person ever..
nice enviroment with great people.
Packer / Picker / Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SC15 July 2014
a nice company with great people who have extraordinary personalities. we worked together to get everything done, even if it meant staying over a couple hours. they had ping pong table and air hockey in break room. overall great job and if i didnt relocate to charlotte i would still be working there.
Pros
great people
Cons
overtime on short notice
Interesting and challenging position in a fun corporate environment
Event Planner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA11 February 2014
ResMed has a fun, "work hard, play hard" corporate environment. As an Event Planner there, each day of work was different and various engaging and challenging tasks were assigned. The benefits were very good including a company-wide focus on health and wellness. The corporate office in Kearny Mesa was outfitted with a gym, group fitness classes, and a café featuring healthy meals and snacks. Employees were generously rewarded for a job well done. Travel for this position was about 50% and mostly domestic. The most difficult part was the workload for a team of only three planners. Also, there was little to no opportunity for professional growth/advancement.
Pros
Wellness program, travel, corporate environment
Cons
Some management, little opportunity for advancement
Great benefits
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA5 July 2015
ResMed is a good, solid company with very good benefits. It is very Sales and Engineering focused with limited Marketing expertise. They make great products and are a leader in the CPAP market.
Enjoyed my employment there
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  San Diego9 March 2012
Good company. Exceptional product. Suffers from inexperienced scatter-shot management. Excellent benefits, great working environment, beautiful artworks throughout space.
benefits
Cons
uneven growth and advancement opportunities
For Singles Only...
Warehouse Associate/Material Handler/ (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs,ga16 May 2015
Depending on what position you work is how your day will go. The system itself is impressive if you've never worked in a conveyor type environment before,but it has alot of down sides to it. The management can't get the system to work like it's suppose to. Management is subcontracted by Ryder, meaning the company is ResMed but the work force behind it is Ryder and that alone is the reason why your working days are going to be a challenge... Co- workers varies, if they stay long. Believe me there is a revolving door. Some are great and hard working and will stay and help, but management don't believe in letting you spend time with your family and being at home so most of your co-workers were dedicated until they got taken advantage of too many times.The hardest part of the job is the LONG hours and Days. We have worked up to 21 days with 15 hr shifts, no off days...Yea... and the pay is not that great so since you don't get paid enough, working for 3 weeks straight Will get you a nice check. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving. That's it.
Pros
Overtime is mandatory in ALL cases
Cons
everything else
Customer Service team needed better Management
Customer Service Rep III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA4 March 2014
Customer Service team needed better Management.
The 2 acting supervisors lacked experience and confidence. The culture was great.
Cons
Customer Service team needed better Management
ResMed is moving to Atlanta, GA
Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Duncan, SC18 February 2014
I have learned a lot in my years working at ResMed. I had no prior experience in medical devices but ResMed gave me the opportunity to learn and be apart of their team. So thankful for the experience!
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
fun workplace
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Bella Vista, NSW24 July 2013
I enjoyed worker at Resmed, it was shame that I worked only about 6 months. Its was the 1st time I worked in a healthcare company, supply medical devices. I love it.
Pros
Clean, big, shining place, like canteen, you can buy food there
Cons
Fun workplace with supportive team members.
Materials Handler and Packing (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Norwest Business Park, NSW8 January 2015
Very good working environment and well organized with an effective operational system in manufacturing.