To ensure that all departments within the Front Office consistently provide quality service consistent with Marriott standards. To act on behalf of senior management in their absence.
- To respond to and follow up on any guest or associate issues as they arise in the absence of senior management.
- To communicate departmental expectations to all Front Office associates/areas including: Front Desk, Valet and Concierge.
- To provide direction for day-to-day operation of all Front Office areas.
- To research, recommend and introduce Front Office procedures and programs to improve overall operation of Front Office.
- To assist with the facilitation of Front Office training programs, including orientation, ensuring that proper systems are in place, and create training procedures as needed.
- To ensure departmental procedures are followed for all Marriott programs (i.e. GSS, Marriott Rewards, etc.) and administer all programs to achieve and exceed goals.
- To conduct pre shift meetings including Daily Huddle and 15 minute training revitalizers.
- To develop, motivate and orient all Front Office associates, providing direction to deliver Service So Memorable.
- To manage same-day rooms inventory and yield management.
- To liaise with VIP guests.
- To monitor labour forecast and make adjustments to meet required parameters.
- To assist in conducting effective departmental meetings.
- To resolve guest complaints/issues to the satisfaction of the guest, in a timely manner.
- To process payroll for the department.
- To provide the required tools and equipment to all associates.
- To immediately respond to all emergency situations, complete necessary incident reports, follow up with guests and associates.
- To follow all job safety policies, and report any accidents and/or hazards.
- To handle guest concerns, compliments and suggestions in a professional informed manner, using the LEARN process.
- Sound knowledge of hotel services & facilities, specifically Front Office operations, policies, procedures.
- Minimum 1 year Front Office supervisory/management experience.
- Strong computer literacy with MS Word/Excel, and PMS required; knowledge of MARSHA is recommended.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a passion for guest service.
- A team player with proven leadership and staff development skills.
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Professional, well organized and results-orientated, able to work on own initiative.
- Graduate from a community college/university hospitality program preferred.
- High School graduation diploma required.
Indeed - 30+ days ago