Research In Motion

Research In Motion Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast-paced work environment, excellent people
Software Developer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: very dedicated people
Cons: missing the current trends
Great technologies exceptional people, solid performance, great benefits
A nice employer
Software Developer (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 21, 2014
A good work-life balance;
good pay;
nice coworkers;
nice culture;
Very fast paced team environment
Research and Development - Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Good company to work for. Corporate smartphone and service provided. Good benefits package. RRSP contribution matching. Many health incentives. Flex hours available, but not globally enforced [can cause confusion]. Management is approachable, open dialogue encouraged. Typical work is M-F; however, being a smartphone manufacturer it can be difficult – more... to actually "disconnect" from the office. – less
Interesting place to work
3GPP COMPLIANCE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), waterloo, ontarioFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: opportunity to learn about emerging technologies at the source of their development
Cons: happened to be present during layoffs which created a less pleasant atmosphere
Learned about the network architecture and access technologies from GSM-3G. The material was well taught by an expert.

Great co-worker and management. Hardest part of the job were the hours where equipment malfunctioned however those instances provided opportunities to tackle a new problem.
Great Company that allows room for advancement
PRODUCT DEMAND CONTROL MANAGER (Former Employee), WaterlooFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: blackberry losing space in the market causing job cuts
I worked with BlackBerry for 12 yrs. I have watched this company grow and was part of the growth.
The management style was trustworthy always motivating their employees to better themselves and the skills. I started my career in the call centre and grew with the company through internal courses that they offered and because a Product Demand Control – more... Manager who managed New Product Launches and End of Life Plans.
Co workers are fun and very helpful it was a team environment.
Management was always approachable and willing to help when needed.
Most enjoyable part of my job was starting a New Product plan for a product and executing it flawlessly end to end. It was rewarding. – less
Good environment ,enjoyable job.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 10, 2014
I enjoyed the work and atmosphere of Research in Motion very much. I worked the assembly line and learned the parts of the products. I found my managers were very helpful and the coworkers were diverse and friendly. I didn't find any aspect of the job difficult.
Amazing company with many opportunities to grow.
Test Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: iconic.
Cons: having to lay off many employees.
I love the open door management style and culture of this company.
Master Scheduler (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: the work was challenging and worked with a good team
Days were fast paced with changes and challenges.
I was involved in current and future state mapping. Execution for the changes to transition to the future state. Improvements were made to the processes.
I had the opportunity to learn the smartphone, tablet and accessories business. I was also given the opportunity to contribute to continuous improvement – more... initiatives.
The Company, Management and my co-workers were professional and great to work with. The Team I worked on came together as a Team when there was challenges that needed to be resolve.
The most challenging and I also gained so much knowledge was changing the invoicing process. I had to know all the system tasks involved for the process.
The job required multitasking and was a fast paced environment and I enjoy that. – less
Amazing
Consumer Analyst Technical Support Leader (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 7, 2014
good work life balance, good pay, good morals, good culture shifting understanding
N/A
Product Developer / RF Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 4, 2014
Good place to work at
Lots of talented people
Learned a lot in the company
Very stimulating and creative environment
Software Developer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: innovation is part of the culture
Cons: no long term job security
This company has seen better days but I believe that it can still provide a very stimulating work environment.

The best benefit for working at Blackberry is that they will pay for all your cell phone charges for personal and business. They encourage their employees to use the cell phone and report problems before they release them to the general public.

Blackberry – more... usually pays more than what is offered in the local job market.

You will typically work in a team environment and collaborate on a daily basis. The internal wikis are full of information to help you get started with different projects or technologies.

The hard part of this job is that competition in the mobile world is very fierce. There is a lot of pressure to come up with a new phone every year with lots of new features. The good side of this is that the company really believes in innovation and will spend a lot of effort to try out new ideas and concepts. – less
Excellent place to work
Radio Frequency Technician (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 2, 2014
New challenges every day. I learned a lot about SMT, pop debugging, and new smart phone development. Management encourages and rewards workers. A fun place to work and learn a lot of new technology. It was great experience working through transition.
Great product.
o Process Quality Technician (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 1, 2014
Best place to work, learn and grow. Wish RIM revives again and employees who lost their jobs get back again.
Productive Place to work, but needs more organization
Product Engineer Specialist (Project Manager) (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: work from 9am to 5pm, good work environment
Cons: need to improve the internal customers communication process.
People use to work from 9AM to 5PM
I learned a lot about Project Management
Managers use to have the open doors aways
Some disruption between areas
No much contact with directors
Freedom to do your job in your own way
Great working environment
Team Lead (Former Employee), Bedford, NSJanuary 31, 2014
Cons: long hours
BlackBerry had a great working environment, where it was enjoyable to come to work.

Hardest part of the job was the long hours, with a BB it was almost expected that you were available 24/7.
COOP Experience
Wi-Fi Systems And Automation Tester (Former Employee), WaterlooJanuary 29, 2014
The Overall experience was knowledgeable. Learnt a lot of new things.
Productive and fun work environment with flexible timings
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 29, 2014
Productive and fun work environment with flexible timings. However needs to improve on better management
overall good company but lacks management and direction
Manager (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 28, 2014
overall good place to work but lacks direction and management
Clean environment
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 22, 2014
Typical day at work when we have lots of murmuring about the company. I learned most of assemble products, my co-workers are very understanding and patient, the hardest part of me when I get laid off. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people I worked before and the products it is easy for me to learn.
nice testing tools, nice working devices
Testing Automation Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: free parking and free ice creams during summer
Cons: too far- i need to spend 3 hours on way to work and go home
busy, high productivity
be perfect
overall good -- management
nice co-workers
could not test all test case for each build
get all expected job done as expexted within deadline

Research In Motion Photos