Research In Motion

Tooling Engineer (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 3, 2014
Machine maintenance
Production line repairing
Spare part management
Productive work place with great atmosphere
Test Software and Radio Lab Technician (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 2, 2014
Pros: benefits, appreciations, peace of mind
Cons: distance of travelling to work
All days were peaceful and productive
Learnt many skills such as use of test instruments and programming skills in Visual Studio c#, ATS Smart Vision
Appreciations from superiors
Great team members for collaboration
Some pressuring days due to high volume of production
Most enjoyable part of work is working with new technology and electronics
Very satisfying and fun place to work
GRS Data Admin/Configuration Management Analyst (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 2, 2014
Pros: benefits and
Cons: automation leading to job cuts
Multitasking, great people to work with, amazing benefits and salary.
Challenging workplace
Insurance Analyst (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Continually challenged my knowledge in the Risk Management/Insurance industries. I learned something new every day in a culturally diverse environment with a great group of people. Toughest part of my job at BlackBerry is given the recent reorganization with the firm, it sometimes makes for a stressfull day. Despite that, I love everybody I work with – more... and look forward to going to work every day. – less
NA
Workforce Systems Administrator (Former Employee), HalifaxFebruary 25, 2014
Amazing company to work for. Great benefits and compensation.
Reason for leaving: Site closure.
Fun and Productive workplace
Premier Support Analyst (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 24, 2014
This was a fun place to work as co-workers were always beside each other
A nice employer
Software Developer (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 21, 2014
A good work-life balance;
good pay;
nice coworkers;
nice culture;
Very fast paced team environment
Research and Development - Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Good company to work for. Corporate smartphone and service provided. Good benefits package. RRSP contribution matching. Many health incentives. Flex hours available, but not globally enforced [can cause confusion]. Management is approachable, open dialogue encouraged. Typical work is M-F; however, being a smartphone manufacturer it can be difficult – more... to actually "disconnect" from the office. – less
Interesting place to work
3GPP COMPLIANCE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), waterloo, ontarioFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: opportunity to learn about emerging technologies at the source of their development
Cons: happened to be present during layoffs which created a less pleasant atmosphere
Learned about the network architecture and access technologies from GSM-3G. The material was well taught by an expert.

Great co-worker and management. Hardest part of the job were the hours where equipment malfunctioned however those instances provided opportunities to tackle a new problem.
Great Company that allows room for advancement
PRODUCT DEMAND CONTROL MANAGER (Former Employee), WaterlooFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: blackberry losing space in the market causing job cuts
I worked with BlackBerry for 12 yrs. I have watched this company grow and was part of the growth.
The management style was trustworthy always motivating their employees to better themselves and the skills. I started my career in the call centre and grew with the company through internal courses that they offered and because a Product Demand Control – more... Manager who managed New Product Launches and End of Life Plans.
Co workers are fun and very helpful it was a team environment.
Management was always approachable and willing to help when needed.
Most enjoyable part of my job was starting a New Product plan for a product and executing it flawlessly end to end. It was rewarding. – less
Good environment ,enjoyable job.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 10, 2014
I enjoyed the work and atmosphere of Research in Motion very much. I worked the assembly line and learned the parts of the products. I found my managers were very helpful and the coworkers were diverse and friendly. I didn't find any aspect of the job difficult.
Amazing company with many opportunities to grow.
Test Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: iconic.
Cons: having to lay off many employees.
I love the open door management style and culture of this company.
Master Scheduler (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: the work was challenging and worked with a good team
Days were fast paced with changes and challenges.
I was involved in current and future state mapping. Execution for the changes to transition to the future state. Improvements were made to the processes.
I had the opportunity to learn the smartphone, tablet and accessories business. I was also given the opportunity to contribute to continuous improvement – more... initiatives.
The Company, Management and my co-workers were professional and great to work with. The Team I worked on came together as a Team when there was challenges that needed to be resolve.
The most challenging and I also gained so much knowledge was changing the invoicing process. I had to know all the system tasks involved for the process.
The job required multitasking and was a fast paced environment and I enjoy that. – less
Amazing
Consumer Analyst Technical Support Leader (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 7, 2014
good work life balance, good pay, good morals, good culture shifting understanding
N/A
Product Developer / RF Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 4, 2014
Good place to work at
Lots of talented people
Learned a lot in the company
Very stimulating and creative environment
Software Developer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: innovation is part of the culture
Cons: no long term job security
This company has seen better days but I believe that it can still provide a very stimulating work environment.

The best benefit for working at Blackberry is that they will pay for all your cell phone charges for personal and business. They encourage their employees to use the cell phone and report problems before they release them to the general public.

Blackberry – more... usually pays more than what is offered in the local job market.

You will typically work in a team environment and collaborate on a daily basis. The internal wikis are full of information to help you get started with different projects or technologies.

The hard part of this job is that competition in the mobile world is very fierce. There is a lot of pressure to come up with a new phone every year with lots of new features. The good side of this is that the company really believes in innovation and will spend a lot of effort to try out new ideas and concepts. – less
Excellent place to work
Radio Frequency Technician (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 2, 2014
New challenges every day. I learned a lot about SMT, pop debugging, and new smart phone development. Management encourages and rewards workers. A fun place to work and learn a lot of new technology. It was great experience working through transition.
Great product.
o Process Quality Technician (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 1, 2014
Best place to work, learn and grow. Wish RIM revives again and employees who lost their jobs get back again.
Productive Place to work, but needs more organization
Product Engineer Specialist (Project Manager) (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: work from 9am to 5pm, good work environment
Cons: need to improve the internal customers communication process.
People use to work from 9AM to 5PM
I learned a lot about Project Management
Managers use to have the open doors aways
Some disruption between areas
No much contact with directors
Freedom to do your job in your own way
Great working environment
Team Lead (Former Employee), Bedford, NSJanuary 31, 2014
Cons: long hours
BlackBerry had a great working environment, where it was enjoyable to come to work.

Hardest part of the job was the long hours, with a BB it was almost expected that you were available 24/7.

Research In Motion Photos