Research In Motion

Research In Motion Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Company in General
Manufacturing Engineering Support (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONDecember 12, 2013
Good Company in General, I've learned a lot from the company.
Extensive project experience in coordinating activities between departments and stakeholders
Software Security Release Coordinator (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONDecember 11, 2013
Skills obtained throughout my years of working in project management that I can confidently apply to your organization are:
clear and confident communication skills;
demonstrate project management techniques consistently;
apply various facilitation techniques with stakeholders;
lead, manage and drive improvements and optimization;
develop and execute – more... a plan to deliver requirements
make sure projects and initiatives are managed within scope and milestones are met;
lead and manage project work independently and collaboratively; – less
productive,
n/ (Former Employee), Kitchener OntarioDecember 9, 2013
Pros: n/
Cons: n/
repetitive and exciting if new product came out
management was not helpful
A very good company with amazing team culture
Software Test Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 9, 2013
Pros: amazing team and technology, relaxed atmosphere
Cons: bad with end user relation due to bad marketing.
BlackBerry is a fun team event. Your job seems a kind of gathering of friends and family. very easy and relaxed atmosphere. Communications between teams is really good.
Your hard work is acknowledged, Credit is given to you if you have worked on it, and that is the thing which we professionals mainly care about.
Worth joining the company for an experience.
It's a fun place to work and get to learn new things everyday
Engineer Technical Support Tech. (globally) (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONDecember 4, 2013
Pros: free use of phone and expose to new phones.
Cons: poor management. takes time to make a decision.
- Very busy at work. Help to resolve a lot of test issues related. Created new test system and procedure for production.
- I have learned how to be creative and organize my work schedule daily.
- Management was really poor. They are very slow to act when comes to decision making. Most managers from other department don't want to support when needed. – more... Very disappointed when working under one roof and the managment think that different department is working for different company.
- Co-workers are very enjoyable, friendly and fun to work with.
- The hardest part of the job that most of the time we don't have enough time to work on your project because I was too busy to help and support other people and I try to manage your time to complete a goal.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was to help other people, expose to new technologies and gadgets, the work environment and the work place clealiness. – less
Interesting fast paced work
VALUE STREAM PROJECT MANAGER ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 28, 2013
Pros: great benefits; many learning opportunities, working with skilled people
A typical day as Value Stream Project Manager Assistant was updating and verifying test statuses using excel spreadsheet and various databases as we received 30 to 50 new test submissions per week. Wrote test reports and closed completed test requests. I updated work instructions and procedures that were scheduled for yearly review for my Manager. Also – more... assisted Project managers with sending completed test submissions back to requestors. Worked on gathering data from database for time studies for Six Sigma Green Belt Projects.
I learned about the organizational abilities required to keep the tests moving through the Lab efficiently, detailed features of our inventory system, the various new products being developed and their new features.
Management was open and involved, trying to improve processes for efficient use of time. Co-workers were friendly and knowledgeable, always willing to help.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with incorrect database entries or no updates performed. The most enjoyable part of my job was the variety of functions I got to perform, working with a very skilled group of people and being able to assist many people. – less
Great place to work.
MATERIALS COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONNovember 27, 2013
Pros: lots of perks including free concerts
Cons: long hours
I loved working for this company. The level of care shown by the upper management made this a great place to work.
Decent Job for in school
Brand Advocate/Blackberry Rep (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 26, 2013
Pros: device incentive
Cons: poor scheduling, poor pay
Overall company good, but they use MarketStar for there brand advocate. There un organized, poor management, just not a good working environment in general. If it was BlackBerry specific probably a different review.
Best place to work
Team Lead (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONNovember 26, 2013
Pros: colleagues
Cons: not transparent fotr communication
Challenging and fun.
Learned management.
Good communication between dev and testing team.
Great Company
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2013
Pros: good pay, great benefits, smart people
Cons: lack of long term strategy and poor vision on the competition complexity.
It was great to work for the leader in the industry (pre 2008).
Great run
Senior Manager, BIS Service Global Operations (Former Employee), waterloo, onNovember 25, 2013
RIM is a intensely fast paced environment.
Every was a new set of problems to tackle.
very good place to work, learn and develop new skills , top in wireless industry
NPI Operator (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONNovember 22, 2013
Pros: good benefits, medical and social
Cons: a period of time ( 5 years i think) working continental shifts
A normal day of work start with preparing the SMT line, verifing (on the computers) the programs you are about to run,,then preparing the printers, inspect the PCB's (that is printed circuit boards) then print samples , inspect samples with the visual solder inspecting machine, if needs correction , you work on them, if everything fine , the printed – more... boards takes the long road to the SMT machines to be populated with the components needed for the specifical program you use.( Very important is scanning the line-SMT machines for the right program). Meanwhile you troubleshoot the machines if neccesary, paying constantly atention to the boards populated make sure that the parts machine place are in the right spots and perfectly in their places. Last inspection before the convection oven , then the populated boards go through the oven, the end of the oven you have the final SMT product, who needs 100 percent inspection using the right diagrams and computer program, After the boards are electronically tested and they pass you feel the happiness that you were great that day.. i guess that is the most enjoyable part of the job. RIM management was ok for the first 10 years, after went down the hill a bit.. Co-workers were good skilled people, most of them fun to work with.
what i learned with Blackberry? The most important things, Teamwork. Extreme attention to details, computer skills, and SMT. – less
RIM was a great place to work and I enjoyed going to work every day. I have no hard feelings with my team.
Commodity Specialist/Supply Coordinator (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONNovember 21, 2013
Pros: i had 13 great years at rim
Cons: ..
Typical day at work is talking to every suppliers that have issues and offering my assistance in resolving. I also would run reports on inventory at RIM and Contract Manufacturing sites, track material in transit.

The Management team at RIM were great. end of the day every issue were solved.

My co-workers were all helpful and great to work with.

The – more... hardest part of the job was leaving.

The most enjoyable part of the job was all the jobs that I did at RIM. This was a great Job and great team. – less
WORK ATMOSPHERE WAS GOOD.BUT NO SECURITY IN JOB BECAUSE OF THE CURRENT CRISIS IN BLACKBERRY
Networking Test Engineer-Wifi Direct-Certified (Current Employee), MISSISSAUGANovember 19, 2013
Pros: free coffees
Cons: no security in job
JOB WAS GOOD
THE HARDEST PART IS NO JOB SECURITY
FLEXIBLE
challanging environment
Electronics Test Technician (Former Employee), WaterlooNovember 19, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: job security
BlackBerry is a great place to work. Met new people and developed my experience in electronics engineering. At start there was great opportunity for growth.
Was a great place to work
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee), WaterlooNovember 19, 2013
I loved the Job and the people I worked with. I looked forward to going into work everyday, but with the recent term oil, the job security and the uncertainty, the job itself and the atmosphere became grim and unenjoyably. I hope the new CEO can turn it around and BlackBerry can be a top contender once again.
A very good company!
Multimedia Application Developer, Student (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONNovember 17, 2013
A very good company! I would like to recommend to my friends to work here.
Daily work
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Support Specialist (Former Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 13, 2013
o Providing Technical support for BlackBerry Enterprise Server installation and configuration
o Assisted IT admin to troubleshoot the BlackBerry Enterprise server for Microsoft Exchange, IBM Domino and Novel GroupWise platform.
RIM Great place to work
Production Compliance Technician (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONNovember 12, 2013
RIM is a great company to work with. I really enjoyed working there. I learned a lot of stuff including soft skills. RIM management always encouraged me to learn new skills so i can increase my skills, they also helped me financially by covering all the cost of courses i ever wanted to take related to my work experience to help myself get promoted in – more... the company internally.
Currently looking for another great company to use my skills and expertise for as i always did for RIM (BlackBerry). – less
It's been a ride!
Business Manager, Verizon Business Unit (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONNovember 11, 2013
Much like many business cycles, we have gone through good times and less desirable times. It has been a great learning experience which I am very thankful for.