Research In Motion

Research In Motion Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was a big company for anyone but now not any more
Machine Operator (Former Employee), WaterlooMay 1, 2014
I used to check what I had everyday such as a plan then start maintenance and after that read the plan carefully then I take my spot on the line and watch machines .
everyone of my co-workers has to rotate his spot everyday so everyone had to know everything about the line.
the hardest part was when I was leading the line because I had to be responsible – more... about the whole machines . – less
Nice place to work
System and Interoperability Engineer (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 29, 2014
Nice place to work, lots of chances to try own ideas and learn from co-workers.

Recommend to people
Productive and clean place
Assembler (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 29, 2014
It's the company I ever work . Good work environment and people .
Lots to do
Embedded Developer, WLAN Firmware and Protocols (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 29, 2014
Pros: soccer league
There was a lot to do. They needed someone more capable. Did everything from web development to Firmware debugging.
Great Job
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 29, 2014
Pros: benifits, pay, location, job pace, advancement
Cons: poorly run company
By far the best Employer iv had. Great work enviroment, good pay and great people.
Interesting work
Project Manager (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 28, 2014
learned lots. new management better. busier than ever but company not doing well
Excellent management
Technical Writer, Intern (Former Employee), Mississauga BlackBerry AApril 27, 2014
Did numerous types of testing throughout the internship period.
Best work experience of my life.
great place to work
Server Specialist, BlackBerry Technical Support (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 22, 2014
Pros: great environment, lot of benefits, bonus and overtime opportunities.
Cons: na
great place some one wants to work. I have learned a great deal regarding BlackBerry technology, BES, BB devices and iOS, Android devices as well.
Management is excellent. Co-workers are very helpful mostly. Work environment is incredible.
I enjoyed learning new things, assisting customers ...
I do still miss BlackBerry.
Volatile place
Manufacturing Engineering Specialist (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 13, 2014
Pros: good salary and benefits
Cons: massive layoffs, massive migration away from the company
Management not able to understand the market and customer requirements
Excellent Company
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee), Cambridge ONApril 9, 2014
Working Atmosphere is excellent and the co-workers and management are so nice working as a team.
Good pay
Mechanical Design Associate (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 8, 2014
Good company culture. Good working hours and just a good crowd t work with.
Good menagement , friendly co-workers,
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 4, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: lots of overtime
• Project leadership and communications for clear to build activities.
• Building/Assembling various Blackberry devices and test including.
Amazing work atmosphere and energy despite current predicament
Enterprise Data Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 29, 2014
Pros: lots of support, strong foundation, somewhat flexible on timings, learn a lot in the fast paced industry blackberry stands in.
Cons: variable disconnects in management at times, lack of communication sometimes.
When I was brought onboard, the company was already being described as a sinking ship but only when I got to working on the inside did I realize that everyone had a vision that they were working hard to execute upon and bring to life. Management was very precise as to what they wanted and because of a lot of the cutbacks, I was involved in many cross – more... departmental projects and as a result of this it gave a meaningful understanding of what I was doing and how exactly it affected the organization. Despite the negative media storm around the company, day to day activities were the same and seldom did it affect anything work related. Management definitely encouraged and wanted their employees to learn more and excel in their own professional careers and offered lots of training in order to better attain these goals. – less
Analyst (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 28, 2014
Excellent co-workers and work environment. Direct management was very approachable.
Coop Committee Chair
Co-Chair of BlackBerry Coop Social Committee (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 28, 2014
Socializing and meeting new people, organizing social events, planning and advance preparation like asking for permission and bookings from company facilities etc.
Overall great
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 27, 2014
Pros: coffee
a typical day at work consisted of production work.
I learned to work for 12 hour shifts. The management was great and my co-workers were very friendly. The hardest part of the job was night shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job was the availability of overtime.
Prior to 2009 BlackBerry was a great place to work
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 25, 2014
Pros: plenty of career advancement and competitive salaries
Cons: many lazy people and poor leadership from above
Prior to 2009 BlackBerry was a great place to work. The culture was a fun, easy going place to work with lots of activities and enough work to keep you consistently busy. After the decline of BlackBerry the culture soon became very demanding with poor upper management. A lack of vision prevented the company from succeeding against it's competition.
Was once the best place to work
Software Developer (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 25, 2014
Pros: good salary, talented colleagues
Cons: executives and management with low ambition for company talent
Having worked at bigger companies in USA, when I moved to canada to join BlackBerry I was shocked to see the sheer talent this company has. That combined with the employee loyalty, I could not comprehend why this company is not numero uno in the technology world.
Anyhow my first couple of years at BlackBerry were just amazing, probably the best of my – more... career. After the founders decided to call quits and the management has never been up to the mark. None of the new CEO's or executive team value R&D anymore. Its all about making money and making business profitable.
BlackBerry leadership has low ambition for its talent pool, and that is the sadest part. BlackBerry is now mostly a software company, with very limited hardware and RnD.
Come and work here for canadian pride, talented colleagues, and good package. But if you are looking to change the way world uses tech look elsewhere. – less
Excellent workplace to work and develop the career
Cost Analyst - Finance (Former Employee), WaterlooMarch 25, 2014
Pros: free stretch break for your health
Cons: some time long hours of work at home also
RIM is excellent workplace with a perfect life/work balance. It is place to educate and develop your professional career. Management is excellent who take care of their employee in terms of benefits, life development, career and educational development.

Salary wise is also affordable to run your life

Your team member are well trained and so friendly – more... to educate your self

Overall excellent – less
Excellent Employer
HP - Business Analyst - Consultant (Former Employee), Waterloo, OntarioMarch 23, 2014
Pros: excellent atmosphase
Cons: long commute
I really enjoyed working at RIM /Blackberry. The environment was very supportive and positive.

Research In Motion Photos