Research In Motion

Research In Motion Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
N/A
Product Developer / RF Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 4, 2014
Good place to work at
Lots of talented people
Learned a lot in the company
Very stimulating and creative environment
Software Developer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: innovation is part of the culture
Cons: no long term job security
This company has seen better days but I believe that it can still provide a very stimulating work environment.

The best benefit for working at Blackberry is that they will pay for all your cell phone charges for personal and business. They encourage their employees to use the cell phone and report problems before they release them to the general public.

Blackberry – more... usually pays more than what is offered in the local job market.

You will typically work in a team environment and collaborate on a daily basis. The internal wikis are full of information to help you get started with different projects or technologies.

The hard part of this job is that competition in the mobile world is very fierce. There is a lot of pressure to come up with a new phone every year with lots of new features. The good side of this is that the company really believes in innovation and will spend a lot of effort to try out new ideas and concepts. – less
Excellent place to work
Radio Frequency Technician (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 2, 2014
New challenges every day. I learned a lot about SMT, pop debugging, and new smart phone development. Management encourages and rewards workers. A fun place to work and learn a lot of new technology. It was great experience working through transition.
Great product.
o Process Quality Technician (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 1, 2014
Best place to work, learn and grow. Wish RIM revives again and employees who lost their jobs get back again.
Productive Place to work, but needs more organization
Product Engineer Specialist (Project Manager) (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: work from 9am to 5pm, good work environment
Cons: need to improve the internal customers communication process.
People use to work from 9AM to 5PM
I learned a lot about Project Management
Managers use to have the open doors aways
Some disruption between areas
No much contact with directors
Freedom to do your job in your own way
Great working environment
Team Lead (Former Employee), Bedford, NSJanuary 31, 2014
Cons: long hours
BlackBerry had a great working environment, where it was enjoyable to come to work.

Hardest part of the job was the long hours, with a BB it was almost expected that you were available 24/7.
COOP Experience
Wi-Fi Systems And Automation Tester (Former Employee), WaterlooJanuary 29, 2014
The Overall experience was knowledgeable. Learnt a lot of new things.
Productive and fun work environment with flexible timings
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 29, 2014
Productive and fun work environment with flexible timings. However needs to improve on better management
overall good company but lacks management and direction
Manager (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 28, 2014
overall good place to work but lacks direction and management
Clean environment
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 22, 2014
Typical day at work when we have lots of murmuring about the company. I learned most of assemble products, my co-workers are very understanding and patient, the hardest part of me when I get laid off. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people I worked before and the products it is easy for me to learn.
nice testing tools, nice working devices
Testing Automation Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: free parking and free ice creams during summer
Cons: too far- i need to spend 3 hours on way to work and go home
busy, high productivity
be perfect
overall good -- management
nice co-workers
could not test all test case for each build
get all expected job done as expexted within deadline
Geat place to work at with good team support.
NPI SMT Operator (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: lots of free events & product givaways paid by the company
Cons: long hours
Always new and exciting things to learn at BlackBerry, I learned many skill sets while working there. Had many good managers that were supportive towards my goals. The hardest part of my job was making the prototypes and figuring out the issues with them. Sharing new ideas with all my colleagues to come up with more innovative ways of doing work.
My first job in Canada
Senior Project Manager of IT PMO (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 17, 2014
This was my first job in Canada, and I was hired to manage the top CIO project of the year.

It was crazy but fun, too many overtime days and nights on the project..

Management was not top class, some individuals at top have no vision and no class.
BlackBerry was a fun fast paced workplace
Forecasting Analyst (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 16, 2014
BlackBerry was a fun fast paced workplace. Keeping an eye and adjusting realtime functions to maintain service levels was a key role for our team. Forecasting and Scheduling were my main focus points as this was one of the key functions to help reach service level goals.
Great experience, troubled company.
Sales Manager - United States (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 15, 2014
Provided with a lot of autonomy to manage region.

Disconnect between product development and other areas of the company.
Good Place to Work
Sr. Programmer Analyst (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: too much red tape
Large projects, interesting work and good people. Learned to make SAP Mobile Application using SAP Gateway Technology and HTML 5.
abiding to co-operation policies
software integration specialist (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 11, 2014
From day one people seemed abiding by the policies of co-operation, non-bullying, innovation.

Hardest part: lack of informal discussions. On the other hand, no one would have prevented me from starting these.

Best part: absence of arrogance in my co-workers.
Continuous learning, minimal supervision,
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee), Waterloo, OnJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: team interaction
Cons: long periods of time sitting looking at a computer screen
I enjoyed my job as a Logistics Analyst and Shipper Receiver for 9.5 years. I learned how to work with others, Enjoyed hearing feedback from my peers to better me as a person so my daily job duties were completed to the best of my ability.
Hardest part of my job was satisfying all customers with orders and making sure all daily tasks were completed – more... in a timely manner.
My most enjoyable part of my job was having the opportunity to work in several areas of the manufacturing and shipping receiving areas of the company. – less
Fast Paced, Always Changing and Energetic Environment with Lasting Memories, Colleagues and Friends!
National Channel Account Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 6, 2014
Throughout my years at RIM/BlackBerry there was not a day that went by without learning something new. Be it in the world of technology or sales/management skills I went home each day with something new that I can apply to future endeavors. My time was valued and treasured and will be a BlackBerry fan forever!
Rapidly evolving workplace
Consumer Advocacy Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONDecember 13, 2013
Pros: free smartphones, pretty loose culture, good work life balance
Cons: weak upper management, bureaucratic
Fun to work for a company in a fast pasted competitive industry. Very vertical management structure which led to slow decision making. Culture wasn't great as the company's financial problems mounted and downsizing was recurrent.