Research In Motion

Research In Motion Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A Lead hand for 9 months
Material Operator & Production Prime (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 23, 2014
I was a lead hand for 9 months so that they would not be short. was thanked for my job
IT desktop support for manufacturing
IT Desktop Support Specialist - Global (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 23, 2014
• Technical support for 17000+ end users (local office, production and global production employees via phone, e-mail, in person, ticketing system and remote administration)
• Develop clear documentation to add to our support database for technical training.
• Verbally simplify highly technical issues with end users.
• Provide technical support to users – more... for Windows XP, 2000 and Windows 7 Operating systems with some Mac and Linux experience.
• New PC hardware and software deployments including
• Troubleshooting MS Office\ Exchange Issues rebuilding user profiles and Exchange Mail accounts.
• We dealt extensively with Oracle 10/11g issues both remotely and locally using VNC (ie: Repair\install\reinstall along with all required prerequisites then testing that the device can TNSping the database) I also have personal experience with both TeamViewer and LogMeIn
• Imaging\Backup\reload and configure of PC’s and user data using Symantec Ghost and other tools. – less
Learning Experience
Collections Associate (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 6, 2014
Pros: new area of experience
Cons: poor pay and job security
Typical day at work started off with reviewing your list of priority collections and due dates. Prioritizing and deciding what action to take on the accounts in the 30-60 day and 45-90 day range. Once you made the necessary actions on the oldest accounts you then started to make contact with as many of the 15-30 day accounts as you could to start the – more... collection process off immediately to capture payments so these accounts would not move further.

There really wasn't any environment for fostering co-worker relationships, you sat in a cubical from am to pm with very little interaction.

The best part about this position was I learned how to deal with customer/clients on many levels extensively. I did have one of the highest success rates in our department for collecting overdue accounts. I took great pride in my ability to work well with customers and resolve issues for them as well as the company.

I really didn't like the lack of security, almost all positions in this department were on a month to month basis through temporary placements. – less
Very relaxed place to work with and a very healthy environment
Student Software Developer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 6, 2014
A day in the life of a student software developer consisted of sitting in a cubicle trying to debug through code and come up with tests to check if the code is working correctly.

Learned and improved on OOP (Object Oriented Programming) and also a few skills on how the BES system worked.

The team that I personally worked with were really friendly – more... and outgoing and always had events. It was a fun environment and and a very effective team since everyone knew about everyone's work and were always available to help.

There were no hard things about this work only other than the first few weeks where I had to catch up on the things that were left for me by the previous coop.

Loved playing pool and foosball on Fridays with coworkers. – less
Pretty professional
software developer (Former Employee), WaterlooMay 5, 2014
I enjoyed working in this company a lot, though some aspects were not so so.

The requirements are just at the right level for entry-level programmers/students/intern guys

It is a good place to start your career
A place to work, grow and contribute to success
TL - R&D (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: career enhancement
Cons: sometime good technical folks promotted to management and they start performing bad.
Super friendly people and place ever.
If you bring your best to your work, you can get whatever you want, everything can be approved for you.
Very friendly management team, but sometime it can be slow in making decision, which is no longer the case now.
Co-workers are very friendly and laugh with you at all the time.
The company treat its employees – more... very very nice. – less
Fast paced, but comfortable environment
Shipping Specialist (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits, despite the situation
Cons: it's still a struggling company.... which outsourced and cut my job.
This company has treated me well. I've been well paid, received great benefits and although I failed to advance in the company due to position cancellations and lay-offs, I still feel the company wants me to succeed.

The work environment, outside the fear of job loss, is pleasant. They try hard to make a pleasant atmosphere. Management wants everyone – more... to succeed, learn and grow.

I enjoy the paperwork, interacting with third parties and really find satisfaction when I do my job well, and shipments move out smoothly.

Some days a very stressful, interacting with parts of the company that do not understand a shipping timeline. We cannot pick, wrap and ship 30 pallets on the same day, so we do the best we can.

I've learned so much from this company, about business, about interaction, about software, logistics, regulations and customs. – less
Innovative company that encourages education and career advancement
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 5, 2014
A pleasure to work with employees that assist one another easily as a team. Competitive wages, with a great work environment and culture.
It was a big company for anyone but now not any more
Machine Operator (Former Employee), WaterlooMay 1, 2014
I used to check what I had everyday such as a plan then start maintenance and after that read the plan carefully then I take my spot on the line and watch machines .
everyone of my co-workers has to rotate his spot everyday so everyone had to know everything about the line.
the hardest part was when I was leading the line because I had to be responsible – more... about the whole machines . – less
Nice place to work
System and Interoperability Engineer (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 29, 2014
Nice place to work, lots of chances to try own ideas and learn from co-workers.

Recommend to people
Productive and clean place
Assembler (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 29, 2014
It's the company I ever work . Good work environment and people .
Lots to do
Embedded Developer, WLAN Firmware and Protocols (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 29, 2014
Pros: soccer league
There was a lot to do. They needed someone more capable. Did everything from web development to Firmware debugging.
Great Job
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 29, 2014
Pros: benifits, pay, location, job pace, advancement
Cons: poorly run company
By far the best Employer iv had. Great work enviroment, good pay and great people.
Interesting work
Project Manager (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 28, 2014
learned lots. new management better. busier than ever but company not doing well
Excellent management
Technical Writer, Intern (Former Employee), Mississauga BlackBerry AApril 27, 2014
Did numerous types of testing throughout the internship period.
Best work experience of my life.
great place to work
Server Specialist, BlackBerry Technical Support (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 22, 2014
Pros: great environment, lot of benefits, bonus and overtime opportunities.
Cons: na
great place some one wants to work. I have learned a great deal regarding BlackBerry technology, BES, BB devices and iOS, Android devices as well.
Management is excellent. Co-workers are very helpful mostly. Work environment is incredible.
I enjoyed learning new things, assisting customers ...
I do still miss BlackBerry.
Volatile place
Manufacturing Engineering Specialist (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 13, 2014
Pros: good salary and benefits
Cons: massive layoffs, massive migration away from the company
Management not able to understand the market and customer requirements
Excellent Company
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee), Cambridge ONApril 9, 2014
Working Atmosphere is excellent and the co-workers and management are so nice working as a team.
Good pay
Mechanical Design Associate (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 8, 2014
Good company culture. Good working hours and just a good crowd t work with.
Good menagement , friendly co-workers,
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 4, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: lots of overtime
• Project leadership and communications for clear to build activities.
• Building/Assembling various Blackberry devices and test including.

Research In Motion Photos