Research In Motion

Research In Motion Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
a good team worker.
Board Repair Operator (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 19, 2014
I was work very hard.I have excellent skills working with all kinds of people.
Nice company to work in
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), MississaugaAugust 7, 2014
Pros: work atmosohere
Cons: managment
good atmosphere and excellent work environment. management is problem issue
Fast Paced, innovative place to work at.
SAP ABAP Developer Project Lead (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 5, 2014
Every department is different. In the department that I worked at, I worked on the latest technologies. I had a great experience here.
Grate company to work for
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 4, 2014
Pros: free icecream
Cons: continental shift
Inspected BB devices as per inspection procedures.

Learned how to use software and perform electrical tests.
Hardest part of the job was to reply all emails and not miss important one

Most enjoyable part of the job is inspect new devices

I would say management an co-workers OK
A great learning experience
Software Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 1, 2014
Loved the teams, management and clients. It was a great place to learn more about the Account Management side of IT.

The only reason I left was for a company that had health care.
ok
Supplier quality Engineer (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 30, 2014
Market is challenging and survival is struggling
Day to day responsibilities
RF Parametric Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 25, 2014
Pros: appreciation
Cons: long hours
• Gain the understanding of various CDMA/LTE standards.
• Support various test activities (DVT, CTIA, SFN, lab entry, Maintenance Releases)
• Learn basic troubleshooting skills (phone and test equipment).
• Submit hardware/software defect reports when required
• Assist in resolving equipment issues with support personnel
• Learn the operation of RF – more... lab test equipment which includes baseband simulators, spectrum analyzers.
• Calibrate and maintaining the equipment.
• Understand carrier requirements.
• Learn the test scripts set by 3GPP and 3GPP2.
• To be able to run manual testing without automation scripts against the standards.
• To be able to summarize the test results and prepare internal and carrier(s) reports for submission.
• To be able to prepare hardware release notes based on the results and findings. This summary is sent to the carriers with SFN and Phase-1 results. – less
Software QA
Software QA (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 24, 2014
Responsible for ensuring quality of service between the device and proprietary infrastructure
communication, working closely with other platform and BlackBerry Infrastructure team within the
organization to implement and support device communication at global scale.
• Understand the functional and business requirements of the project during the requirements – more... review sessions with various teams and provide sign off from QA perspective.
• Provide effort estimation for QA related activities as a part of a given project.
• Build Test Plan and test cases based on the Functional Requirements, Technical Specification and Use Cases using different techniques
• Lead functional, integration, regression and end to end testing.
• Work with business to develop business acceptance criteria during BUAT, provide the necessary support with test environment, test data etc and address the issues encountered.
• Actively involved in quality assurance testing, tracking and managing defects.
• Work closely with business analysts and development leads for troubleshooting defects.
• Lead proper test environment setup and support during end to end testing and co-ordinate with different teams
• Document and report test results and issues to upper management
• Conducted Interviews for co-ops and provided knowledge transfer/training on different test domains
• Managed and supervised Software test team consisting of several co-ops and interns and accountable for their task assignment and other activities
• Linux Shell Scripting in Ubuntu operating system, standardizing and documenting configuration files
• Skills Used and learned: Requirements Analysis, Requirements Gathering, QA Effort Estimation, Data Analysis, SRS, UAT, Efficient Time Management.
• Environment: IIS server, Windows, Jira, MKS, QNX platform, Blackberry devices. – less
One of if not the best job I ever had
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great place to work.
Cons: typical r&d with long hours and no set time schedule.
Excellent place to work.
Peers were great to work with and everyone tried to help each other.
Management was there for direction but not overbearing.

It was a job and no place is perfect, but I will miss them.
It really is a shame they are in the trouble they are in.

Wishing them the best.

PS: For some reason I can only check one star for "overall – more... rating" and I had to check two stars for "Job security/advancement". – less
nice working environment, good pay. lack direction.
HW engineer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 21, 2014
flexible working time;
good working relationship among colleagues;
the top management seems does not work exactly what the direction should be.
Good place to work for
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), WaterlooJuly 20, 2014
NIce work culture, and good worklife balance. Good management and great place to work for.
Valuable experience
Manager - Root Cause Analysis and DMS (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONJuly 15, 2014
I joined Research in Motion (now BlackBerry) in 2008. The business was growing in revenue but the infrastructure wasn't in place to cope with the rapid expansion. I helped to get procedures, work instructions and pass/fail criteria in place in order to improve the efficiency of our department.
Great potential, Poor VP's
Senior Manager, App Store & Content Marketing (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits and pay is good
Cons: long hours, poor vp leadership
Great new executives
Great products and services
Poor VP level personnel
world known global company nice and neat place to work
team lead (Former Employee), waterloo onJuly 5, 2014
Pros: when ever we finish the order before time we get free lunch
Cons: 12 hr shift
In daily work i learned how to manage my work and how to work with team ,time accuracy meet the expactation with daily orders .working with people and i enjoyed my work . my co workers had good understanding with me i never have issues . the hardest part when we have challenge to meet the order shipments in short time and gave them with good quality – more... .
the most enjoyble parts when you are working with team and they cooperate with you then you enjoy more and do your job good you feel family atomsphere . – less
Good, reliable place to work
warehouse operations (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 4, 2014
Pros: good pay, great co-workers, great culture
Cons: management sometimes made some interesting decisions without consulting the ones it affected.
A great place to have worked with excellent co-workers. We knew clearly what the expectations were on the job.
A friendly place to work.
Customer Master Records Administrator (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 20, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is that at the end of the day I know that I helped the company processed valuable orders or helped customers corrected their online account so that they were able to do purchases themselves in a timely manner.
Fast paced working environment
Software Developer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 13, 2014
Pros: the pace of the work environment was dynamic, fluid, exciting, exhilrating.
Cons: less job security. the leadership, lacking vision, direction, and insight into the marketplace. too many leaders contaminated the organization.
A great environment where employees are encouraged to take risks, and develop new technologies. Direction from management is typically "We need to accomplish this - figure out how to do it, do it, then report back to me". Independent thinking is encouraged.
Was a very unique place to work
Tooling/MRO Buyer Mechanical Engineering (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 12, 2014
Pros: free blackberry and service
It has changed a lot over the past 13 years, its not the same place and it will continue to change, I just hope it makes it through the turnround.
Day to day work
Junior Software QA Tester (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 11, 2014
I worked to create Requirement based test matrix, created test case, executed test case and also find the defects of the application for developer team.
Great culture
VPN Security Test Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 8, 2014
Pros: lots of discounts
Cons: management changes a lot
Work culture was awesome here.
Learned different QA tools
co-workers are very supportive and progressive
lots of challenges available to work on

1 2 3 4 5