Research In Motion

Research In Motion Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
One of if not the best job I ever had
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great place to work.
Cons: typical r&d with long hours and no set time schedule.
Excellent place to work.
Peers were great to work with and everyone tried to help each other.
Management was there for direction but not overbearing.

It was a job and no place is perfect, but I will miss them.
It really is a shame they are in the trouble they are in.

Wishing them the best.

PS: For some reason I can only check one star for "overall – more... rating" and I had to check two stars for "Job security/advancement". – less
nice working environment, good pay. lack direction.
HW engineer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 21, 2014
flexible working time;
good working relationship among colleagues;
the top management seems does not work exactly what the direction should be.
Good place to work for
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), WaterlooJuly 20, 2014
NIce work culture, and good worklife balance. Good management and great place to work for.
Valuable experience
Manager - Root Cause Analysis and DMS (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONJuly 15, 2014
I joined Research in Motion (now BlackBerry) in 2008. The business was growing in revenue but the infrastructure wasn't in place to cope with the rapid expansion. I helped to get procedures, work instructions and pass/fail criteria in place in order to improve the efficiency of our department.
Great potential, Poor VP's
Senior Manager, App Store & Content Marketing (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits and pay is good
Cons: long hours, poor vp leadership
Great new executives
Great products and services
Poor VP level personnel
world known global company nice and neat place to work
team lead (Former Employee), waterloo onJuly 5, 2014
Pros: when ever we finish the order before time we get free lunch
Cons: 12 hr shift
In daily work i learned how to manage my work and how to work with team ,time accuracy meet the expactation with daily orders .working with people and i enjoyed my work . my co workers had good understanding with me i never have issues . the hardest part when we have challenge to meet the order shipments in short time and gave them with good quality – more... .
the most enjoyble parts when you are working with team and they cooperate with you then you enjoy more and do your job good you feel family atomsphere . – less
Good, reliable place to work
warehouse operations (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 4, 2014
Pros: good pay, great co-workers, great culture
Cons: management sometimes made some interesting decisions without consulting the ones it affected.
A great place to have worked with excellent co-workers. We knew clearly what the expectations were on the job.
A friendly place to work.
Customer Master Records Administrator (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 20, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is that at the end of the day I know that I helped the company processed valuable orders or helped customers corrected their online account so that they were able to do purchases themselves in a timely manner.
Was a very unique place to work
Tooling/MRO Buyer Mechanical Engineering (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 12, 2014
Pros: free blackberry and service
It has changed a lot over the past 13 years, its not the same place and it will continue to change, I just hope it makes it through the turnround.
Day to day work
Junior Software QA Tester (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 11, 2014
I worked to create Requirement based test matrix, created test case, executed test case and also find the defects of the application for developer team.
Great culture
VPN Security Test Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 8, 2014
Pros: lots of discounts
Cons: management changes a lot
Work culture was awesome here.
Learned different QA tools
co-workers are very supportive and progressive
lots of challenges available to work on
Director (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 8, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits, bonus pay, culture
Cons: work life balance, stress
Really enjoyed working at BlackBerry. I was given a lot of opportunities and the pay and benefits were fantastic.
Free cell phone and service
Product Quality Engineer/Engineering Specialist (Former Employee), KanataJune 6, 2014
Pros: free cell phone
Cons: business down sized
We all were given free cell phones and service. It was good to work there.
Changing culture and undergoing restructuring
Sr. Manager, KM, Collaboration and Portals (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 4, 2014
Pros: working toward a 'fun' environment with regular hackathons, pinball, lunches and fun days.
Cons: very long hours, uncertain future for employment and the company
Working at BlackBerry in the past couple of years has been stressful and challenging. Employees pulled together as a team to support and follow two new eras of CEO's and while things do seem to be turning around, it is still uncertain times. While this provides opportunity for many individuals to learn how to work hard to try to make a difference and – more... support a turnaround, it is also challenging and stressful. Many employees are uncertain about their future and not confident that their job is stable. – less
BlackBerry is fun and interesting work place
3GPP Compliance Associate (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 3, 2014
I have learned lot about wireless communication industry and gained knowledge software industry and its working culture
Was an excellent company to work for till the layoffs.
RF Firmware Developer (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 1, 2014
Pros: the work was interesting and fun with great coworkers.
Cons: the layoffs, anxiety during last years.
Was an excellent company to work for. Good place to learn and develop yourself with excellent co-workers. Unfortunately, it was very difficult for the company to compete with the big ones, and most of the people in my area were laid off.
Good environment for employees
Materials Operator (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 28, 2014
Received lots of training, Co-workers are very co-operative
Returning to success
Analyst - Premier Support (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 25, 2014
The last few years have been tough; but seeing a positive turn in management direction
A Lead hand for 9 months
Material Operator & Production Prime (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 23, 2014
I was a lead hand for 9 months so that they would not be short. was thanked for my job
IT desktop support for manufacturing
IT Desktop Support Specialist - Global (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 23, 2014
• Technical support for 17000+ end users (local office, production and global production employees via phone, e-mail, in person, ticketing system and remote administration)
• Develop clear documentation to add to our support database for technical training.
• Verbally simplify highly technical issues with end users.
• Provide technical support to users – more... for Windows XP, 2000 and Windows 7 Operating systems with some Mac and Linux experience.
• New PC hardware and software deployments including
• Troubleshooting MS Office\ Exchange Issues rebuilding user profiles and Exchange Mail accounts.
• We dealt extensively with Oracle 10/11g issues both remotely and locally using VNC (ie: Repair\install\reinstall along with all required prerequisites then testing that the device can TNSping the database) I also have personal experience with both TeamViewer and LogMeIn
• Imaging\Backup\reload and configure of PC’s and user data using Symantec Ghost and other tools. – less

1 2 3 4 5