Research In Motion

Research In Motion Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Learning and enjoyable place
Software Test Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 12, 2015
Management is supportive, Leads are smart. Comes up with innovative ideas. Motivates interns. I learned Agile skiils along with Technical Skills
AWESOME Canadian company
Manager, Customs & Traffic (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 7, 2015
Pros: Corporate Challenge(games) Days
Cons: 24 x 7 operation
Fast paced
Much respect for Corp Leaders
Great commradery
Work came home with you to cover logistics flow of product nationally
Our work days were made to be enjoyable by the company, much was provided for us and we had fun along with the hard work
Great Place to Work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 4, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Gym membership, Good cafeteria and good paying.
Cons: none
Great managers, good co workers. Fast paced, challenging and I learned a lot of things. Lots of room for advancement, loved my job
Great Workplace depending on the team
Product Operation Specialist (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 29, 2015
Pros: You get a blackberry!
Cons: Some negative attitudes during restructuring
It was a great company to work at with a competitive salary and lots of perks. Getting a company phone was really nice, especially since I was an intern. Typical day as an Operations specialist involved a lot of analysis in excel on product configurations and packaging. I also used a proprietary ERP system to maintain parts catalogues and create instructional sets for use by warehouse staff all around the world. There was a lot of independent work involving excel and somewhat boring analysis but that was nicely balanced by a management team which was very active and always looking to enhance my development.

I will say that some cross functional work with other teams was sometimes unpleasant due to the fact that there were many lay-offs occurring at the time. Individuals and groups with less job security are of course going to lack the motivation and positive attitude they once had.
Excellent manager and motivated to work for the team
Java Developer -Full Time (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 27, 2015
Pros: Expose to new and enterprise level quality products
Cons: One in a ocean of engineers
- Participate in scrum meeting to update status
- Continue to work toward the sprint deliverable
- Collaborate on design issues to deliver high quality solution
- Help the team to reach the mile stone
Fun Place to work as a co-op
Hardware Engineering Assistant, Intern (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 15, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, lots to learn
Cons: section shutdown after co-op ended
Learned a lot about electronic design, and manufacturing. Enjoyed working in a wide variety of areas. Manual testing of devices was the hardest part, very repetitive. Co-workers were fantastic.
reception, data entry, filing, copying, faxing, invoice allocation
Logistics Analyst, (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: grreat benefits
Cons: job security
reception, filing, copying, mail distribution, invoice allocation. Management in my department was excellent. Co-workers were helpful. The overall atmosphere was very enjoyable as everybody was considerate and helpful.
Eclectic place to work
North American Program Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 11, 2015
High stress but rewarding work environment. Lots of opporutnity to grow within the new company. Made some strong relationships there for the remainder of my career.
Great place to learn, and experience, cutting edge technologies
ECBAM, Technical Lead (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great learning experiences, renumeration above others in the industry
Working at BlackBerry was one of the highlights of my career thus far. Everyone there was an expert in the areas that they were in, and were also all open to share their knowledge with one another. The C Level Management, especially of late, were diligent in every decision and moved forward as one cohesive unit. Any emerging technology that others were just learning of, were most likely already been used for many months prior from other departments within the company. I loved my tenure there, and would highly recommend others to apply.
Productive and fun workplace
Materials Operator (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 27, 2015
It was a very nice environment. A fun workplace. I've learned so many things because I worked with different people in different area.I didn't find any hard job at all, as I enjoyed my time working there.
Despite what you hear on the news, this is still a cool place to work
Software Developer (Current Employee), WaterlooFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: free blackberry and plan, get to work on high profile projects
Cons: not much upward mobility
The company has been completely overhauled over the last few years, not only in terms of management and headcount, but in terms of tools, processes, methodologies. There is also more emphasis on accountability, something that was lacking previously.
You'll have a chance to work on some very interesting, industry leading projects.
Productive work place and good work culture
Inventory Reporting Analyst (Former Employee), WaterlooFebruary 14, 2015
Productive work place and good work culture. Very nice to work at this place. Management is good. Very considerate and cooperative colleagues. Work is priority and always evolving place in terms of productivity.
Exciting faced paced environment to work in.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Working at BlackBerry was a great experience, I was given meaningful work from day 1 and was allowed to grow into a respected Project Manager. It's a faced paced environment and I got to interact with a number of cross functional groups, which has given me a great understanding of the whole business structure.
a typical day at work
Operations Communicator (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 5, 2015
making sure all the clients assets where secure.
handing out badges , patrolling buildings.
monitoring alarms, responding emergencies.
A great internship
Software Validation and Verification (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: great management, dedicated coworkers
Cons: micro-tasks become boring after a while
I did my internship at RIM midway through my third year of university. It was my first career-related job, and a great one at that. I was lucky to work with a team of dedicated individuals. I learnt a lot regarding how the "IT World" functioned in large companies, as well as how large tasks were divided between teams.
Research In Motion
Project Specialist (Full-time employee) (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 30, 2015
10/10 great company and learned a lot on the job. Being honest and friendly to any customer you are in touch with are helping. Example when able to support customer needs to a purchase or product technical question and being able to answer to your best knowledge.
Productive and quite learning atmosphere
Senior QA (Current Employee), WaterlooJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: new and advanced features
Cons: not any
Nice working culture here. Learned many things in manual to automation test execution.
Friendly and helpfull team
Software Development Student (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: helpful and productive team
Main thing i learnt is Agile Methodology. Everyday i had scrum meeting in the morning at 10 AM.

If i had any issue with programming then senior programmer will explain me that how can i solve the problem and i code it and solve it.
fun place to work
Supply Chain Analyst and Reporting (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 4, 2015
too bad it didn't do well or i would've stayed there. A lot of perks working there, phone, laptop, tablets, accessories
Challenging and satisfying environment
Radio Frequency Technician (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONDecember 12, 2014
Team huddle kicked off the shift with projected outcome,possible issues and team for specific tasks.The multiple challenges in a given shift and the methods used to overcome them created a sense of confidence and unleashed new problem solving skills which can be shared with any given team in the future for any company.Co - workers believed in team spirit and working towards achieving goals coupled with Five S +1 environmental attitude resulted in further optimization of productivity in an efficient way.A continuous learning environment with great compensation and building a product that is valued across the globe added professional spice to working.

1 2 3 4 5