Research In Motion

Research In Motion Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and enjoyable place to work
BlackBerry Technical Server Support Associate (Former Employee), Bedford, NSSeptember 8, 2014
This was a great place to work, the people and teams I worked with were very supportive of one another, while management promoted knowledge, training and advancement.

The head office in Waterloo, ON decided to close the CSO, Customer Support Operations satellite office in Bedford, NS at the end of the year 2013. This was a disappointment to myself – more... and the other employees who were laid off, but now I am excited to take all the knowledge, skills and experience I have gained from this job onto my next job opportunity. – less
Fun workplace, professionalism, team work, encouraging everyday.
Software Developer (co-op) (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: employee benifits
Cons: long meetings
Lets consider a typical day:
- start working on JIRA issues assigned by Team Lead.
- understand the issue and make some alternate solutions.
- discuss the solutions with issue-relevant senior team-member.
- submit the change in git for code-review.
- make changes in code based on code-review, if any.
- end of the day : team meeting to report individual's – more... work to Team Lead.

Co-worker are friendly. – less
Productive and fun environment for working place
Software Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Halifax, NSSeptember 3, 2014
I loved working there thoroughly for 3 years. Great work enviornment.
Company struggled through adversity in the market
BlackBerryTechnical and Server Support Rep (Former Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 26, 2014
Pros: good pay, benefits and work environment (early years)
Cons: management confusion, job security, work environment (recent years)
Company started excellent prior to competition narrowing the tech gap then quickly lost ground - internally and externally.
Productive, fast pace environment
Partner Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 22, 2014
Pros: flexibility
I enjoyed working at BlackBerry. My years with this company was very much enjoyed and appreciated. I gained many skills and made great friends who are now like family.
For the most part I had great managers. Most were exceptional and listened and involved us in processes and changes. I learned to work collaboratively with team mates to create from scratch – more... processes and procedures for a newly developed team and to continue to manage and update these processes.
The most enjoyable part of the job was providing the customers with information that they required and also handling their account on a daily basis to ensure thing ran seamlessly and effectively. – less
a good team worker.
Board Repair Operator (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 19, 2014
I was work very hard.I have excellent skills working with all kinds of people.
Nice company to work in
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), MississaugaAugust 7, 2014
Pros: work atmosohere
Cons: managment
good atmosphere and excellent work environment. management is problem issue
Fast Paced, innovative place to work at.
SAP ABAP Developer Project Lead (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 5, 2014
Every department is different. In the department that I worked at, I worked on the latest technologies. I had a great experience here.
Grate company to work for
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 4, 2014
Pros: free icecream
Cons: continental shift
Inspected BB devices as per inspection procedures.

Learned how to use software and perform electrical tests.
Hardest part of the job was to reply all emails and not miss important one

Most enjoyable part of the job is inspect new devices

I would say management an co-workers OK
A great learning experience
Software Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 1, 2014
Loved the teams, management and clients. It was a great place to learn more about the Account Management side of IT.

The only reason I left was for a company that had health care.
ok
Supplier quality Engineer (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 30, 2014
Market is challenging and survival is struggling
Day to day responsibilities
RF Parametric Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 25, 2014
Pros: appreciation
Cons: long hours
• Gain the understanding of various CDMA/LTE standards.
• Support various test activities (DVT, CTIA, SFN, lab entry, Maintenance Releases)
• Learn basic troubleshooting skills (phone and test equipment).
• Submit hardware/software defect reports when required
• Assist in resolving equipment issues with support personnel
• Learn the operation of RF – more... lab test equipment which includes baseband simulators, spectrum analyzers.
• Calibrate and maintaining the equipment.
• Understand carrier requirements.
• Learn the test scripts set by 3GPP and 3GPP2.
• To be able to run manual testing without automation scripts against the standards.
• To be able to summarize the test results and prepare internal and carrier(s) reports for submission.
• To be able to prepare hardware release notes based on the results and findings. This summary is sent to the carriers with SFN and Phase-1 results. – less
Software QA
Software QA (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 24, 2014
Responsible for ensuring quality of service between the device and proprietary infrastructure
communication, working closely with other platform and BlackBerry Infrastructure team within the
organization to implement and support device communication at global scale.
• Understand the functional and business requirements of the project during the requirements – more... review sessions with various teams and provide sign off from QA perspective.
• Provide effort estimation for QA related activities as a part of a given project.
• Build Test Plan and test cases based on the Functional Requirements, Technical Specification and Use Cases using different techniques
• Lead functional, integration, regression and end to end testing.
• Work with business to develop business acceptance criteria during BUAT, provide the necessary support with test environment, test data etc and address the issues encountered.
• Actively involved in quality assurance testing, tracking and managing defects.
• Work closely with business analysts and development leads for troubleshooting defects.
• Lead proper test environment setup and support during end to end testing and co-ordinate with different teams
• Document and report test results and issues to upper management
• Conducted Interviews for co-ops and provided knowledge transfer/training on different test domains
• Managed and supervised Software test team consisting of several co-ops and interns and accountable for their task assignment and other activities
• Linux Shell Scripting in Ubuntu operating system, standardizing and documenting configuration files
• Skills Used and learned: Requirements Analysis, Requirements Gathering, QA Effort Estimation, Data Analysis, SRS, UAT, Efficient Time Management.
• Environment: IIS server, Windows, Jira, MKS, QNX platform, Blackberry devices. – less
One of if not the best job I ever had
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great place to work.
Cons: typical r&d with long hours and no set time schedule.
Excellent place to work.
Peers were great to work with and everyone tried to help each other.
Management was there for direction but not overbearing.

It was a job and no place is perfect, but I will miss them.
It really is a shame they are in the trouble they are in.

Wishing them the best.

PS: For some reason I can only check one star for "overall – more... rating" and I had to check two stars for "Job security/advancement". – less
nice working environment, good pay. lack direction.
HW engineer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 21, 2014
flexible working time;
good working relationship among colleagues;
the top management seems does not work exactly what the direction should be.
Good place to work for
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), WaterlooJuly 20, 2014
NIce work culture, and good worklife balance. Good management and great place to work for.
Valuable experience
Manager - Root Cause Analysis and DMS (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONJuly 15, 2014
I joined Research in Motion (now BlackBerry) in 2008. The business was growing in revenue but the infrastructure wasn't in place to cope with the rapid expansion. I helped to get procedures, work instructions and pass/fail criteria in place in order to improve the efficiency of our department.
Great potential, Poor VP's
Senior Manager, App Store & Content Marketing (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits and pay is good
Cons: long hours, poor vp leadership
Great new executives
Great products and services
Poor VP level personnel
world known global company nice and neat place to work
team lead (Former Employee), waterloo onJuly 5, 2014
Pros: when ever we finish the order before time we get free lunch
Cons: 12 hr shift
In daily work i learned how to manage my work and how to work with team ,time accuracy meet the expactation with daily orders .working with people and i enjoyed my work . my co workers had good understanding with me i never have issues . the hardest part when we have challenge to meet the order shipments in short time and gave them with good quality – more... .
the most enjoyble parts when you are working with team and they cooperate with you then you enjoy more and do your job good you feel family atomsphere . – less
Good, reliable place to work
warehouse operations (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 4, 2014
Pros: good pay, great co-workers, great culture
Cons: management sometimes made some interesting decisions without consulting the ones it affected.
A great place to have worked with excellent co-workers. We knew clearly what the expectations were on the job.

1 2 3 4 5