Research In Motion

Research In Motion Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
reception, data entry, filing, copying, faxing, invoice allocation
Logistics Analyst, (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: grreat benefits
Cons: job security
reception, filing, copying, mail distribution, invoice allocation. Management in my department was excellent. Co-workers were helpful. The overall atmosphere was very enjoyable as everybody was considerate and helpful.
Eclectic place to work
North American Program Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 11, 2015
High stress but rewarding work environment. Lots of opporutnity to grow within the new company. Made some strong relationships there for the remainder of my career.
Great place to learn, and experience, cutting edge technologies
ECBAM, Technical Lead (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great learning experiences, renumeration above others in the industry
Working at BlackBerry was one of the highlights of my career thus far. Everyone there was an expert in the areas that they were in, and were also all open to share their knowledge with one another. The C Level Management, especially of late, were diligent in every decision and moved forward as one cohesive unit. Any emerging technology that others were just learning of, were most likely already been used for many months prior from other departments within the company. I loved my tenure there, and would highly recommend others to apply.
Productive and fun workplace
Materials Operator (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 27, 2015
It was a very nice environment. A fun workplace. I've learned so many things because I worked with different people in different area.I didn't find any hard job at all, as I enjoyed my time working there.
Despite what you hear on the news, this is still a cool place to work
Software Developer (Current Employee), WaterlooFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: free blackberry and plan, get to work on high profile projects
Cons: not much upward mobility
The company has been completely overhauled over the last few years, not only in terms of management and headcount, but in terms of tools, processes, methodologies. There is also more emphasis on accountability, something that was lacking previously.
You'll have a chance to work on some very interesting, industry leading projects.
Productive work place and good work culture
Inventory Reporting Analyst (Former Employee), WaterlooFebruary 14, 2015
Productive work place and good work culture. Very nice to work at this place. Management is good. Very considerate and cooperative colleagues. Work is priority and always evolving place in terms of productivity.
Exciting faced paced environment to work in.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Working at BlackBerry was a great experience, I was given meaningful work from day 1 and was allowed to grow into a respected Project Manager. It's a faced paced environment and I got to interact with a number of cross functional groups, which has given me a great understanding of the whole business structure.
a typical day at work
Operations Communicator (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 5, 2015
making sure all the clients assets where secure.
handing out badges , patrolling buildings.
monitoring alarms, responding emergencies.
A great internship
Software Validation and Verification (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: great management, dedicated coworkers
Cons: micro-tasks become boring after a while
I did my internship at RIM midway through my third year of university. It was my first career-related job, and a great one at that. I was lucky to work with a team of dedicated individuals. I learnt a lot regarding how the "IT World" functioned in large companies, as well as how large tasks were divided between teams.
Research In Motion
Project Specialist (Full-time employee) (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 30, 2015
10/10 great company and learned a lot on the job. Being honest and friendly to any customer you are in touch with are helping. Example when able to support customer needs to a purchase or product technical question and being able to answer to your best knowledge.
Productive and quite learning atmosphere
Senior QA (Current Employee), WaterlooJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: new and advanced features
Cons: not any
Nice working culture here. Learned many things in manual to automation test execution.
Friendly and helpfull team
Software Development Student (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: helpful and productive team
Main thing i learnt is Agile Methodology. Everyday i had scrum meeting in the morning at 10 AM.

If i had any issue with programming then senior programmer will explain me that how can i solve the problem and i code it and solve it.
fun place to work
Supply Chain Analyst and Reporting (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 4, 2015
too bad it didn't do well or i would've stayed there. A lot of perks working there, phone, laptop, tablets, accessories
Challenging and satisfying environment
Radio Frequency Technician (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONDecember 12, 2014
Team huddle kicked off the shift with projected outcome,possible issues and team for specific tasks.The multiple challenges in a given shift and the methods used to overcome them created a sense of confidence and unleashed new problem solving skills which can be shared with any given team in the future for any company.Co - workers believed in team spirit and working towards achieving goals coupled with Five S +1 environmental attitude resulted in further optimization of productivity in an efficient way.A continuous learning environment with great compensation and building a product that is valued across the globe added professional spice to working.
I learned something new and interesting everyday
Optical systems designer (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONNovember 27, 2014
My internship at Blackberry came at a critical moment in the company’s existence when the necessity for innovation was at its peak and the work the most challenging. Working in that constantly high-pressure environment involved me bringing my best analytical and decision-making skills to the job every single day. It was a position where innovation was not only welcomed, but original ideas were encouraged. One of my assignments required me to design an experiment to characterize time of flight sensor technology. This experiment had never been performed at blackberry before and I had to repurpose existing equipment/ software in order to collect accurate data from the new sensor module. The experiment was a success and the data collected proved vital for moving forward with the new technology.
Good Company not "as good" Management
Engineering Specialist (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONNovember 22, 2014
Pros: good work/life balance
Cons: no clear vision
No vision or at least lack of vision explanation to the employees.
Amazing experience
Intern (Former Employee), WaterlooOctober 23, 2014
Did my internship where I got to work amazing co-workers. They always were supportive and patient with the work I did. The most enjoyable part of the job was to come in to work every day.
Great and famous work place
ASY (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONOctober 23, 2014
I was one of the best experience I ever had to work in one of the companies in Canada.
Great people to work with
Human Resources Information System Analyst (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONOctober 22, 2014
working with different departments to update and improve processes.
Working at Blackberry
Hardware Platform Integration Engineering Student (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONOctober 22, 2014
A typical day would involve a team meeting. After check-in's and goals were set, the team would separate and work on their individual tasks.
I learned how to better research and design.
I learned how to populate SMT boards better and more effectively.
I learned how to better my communication skills, in terms of team presentations and report writing.

My co-workers were all friendly.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with lack of support in things like software development when we were strictly working on hardware projects.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to say that I worked at Blackberry and that I got to be part of several Patents applications

1 2 3 4 5