ReSearch Pharmaceutical Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I wouldn't advise anyone to work at RPS or PRA International.
Trial Manager (Former Employee), NJJuly 11, 2014
There have been a lot of changes since PRA International acquired RPS in late 2013 and few were positive changes; e.g., in April 2013, PRA changed our medical benefits to a plan with a $7,000.00 annual deductible for a single person. A typical day at work can often exceed 12 hours; management expects employees to work however long it takes to accomplish what the client desires. There is no such thing as work-life balance. I learned that although one of the company core values is "Integrity," that is not, in fact, what the company practices; e.g., we were directed to include skills and experience on our resumes which we did not actually have. Management support is practically nonexistent.
due to contract with Merck there was no career growth
Project Manager, Global Data Management Services (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAApril 17, 2014
To no fault of RPS the way the contract was set up with Merck it left no room for career growth.
Very productive
Clinical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Washington, PAJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no cons
RPS is a wonderful place to work. Very flexible and good compensation.
Recent changes in organization have not benefitted employees
Executive Director of Medical Affairs (Current Employee), Fort Washington, PAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: culture, buracy, links to management
The corporate culture has changed with the purchase by PRA. Everything has changed.- Culture, management (I have had a new manager for 4 months and have not heard from him)
RPS is a CRO and as such provides economical quality service to clients.
Analytical Team Lead (Former Employee), Morris Plains, NJAugust 27, 2013
Pros: working in similar industry and similar job functions.
Cons: serving two masters, the parent and client company is difficult to manage, at times.
Working for RPS was a major change for me. Having worked for a major pharma company for long time to working for a CRO requires many changes in management style, what is deliverable, how to achieve them etc.
Work from home days
Data Integrity Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Washington, PAJune 6, 2013
I like working at RPS. Very laid back, friendly co-workers, and you get to work from home 3 days a week.
Poorly managed company without clear vision
Business Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAMarch 7, 2013
Management is looking to try to revolutionize the pharmaceutical research industry but is doing it at the expense of their own infrastructure. They have high expectations of their employees and do not support them.
Bad
CRA (Former Employee), OklahomaNovember 15, 2012
Cons: don't expect a raise
Bad pay, hardly any vacation, NO RAISES!!!! NO BONUSES!!
Was employed for 3 years, not one raise.
Great benefits, some flaws, but provided stable and meaningful employment
Analytical Technician (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAJune 7, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: lack luster communication from corporate, no connection to the "best workplace" culture
Decent Pay, but took some fighting to get fair treatment per their Handbook for vacation time. Was low balled initially.

I was contracted to another site, and even though I was 5 minutes from world headquarters, I rarely heard from upper management or was invited to their summer BBQ.

Overall, not bad.
Typical CRO
CRA (Current Employee), Fort Washington, PAMay 1, 2012
Not bad, expensive benefits. Way behind the times in terms of technology.
Productive team environment with great sponsor management.
Project Manager (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAApril 17, 2012
Pros: great team environment, telecommuting flexibility, additional skil set deveopment.
Cons: few breaks, time off was hard to come by.
A decent company to work for overall. Only set back is that all employees worked under a contract with work being managed through Sponsor. Consequently time off was very seldom available even when desperately needed.