ReSearch Pharmaceutical Services Employee Reviews

Loved it and really missing my RPS family
Clinical Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL2 March 2015
I loved my job and the people I worked with. I worked there for 6 years. I thought I wanted to be closer to home and family but I'm finding out I should have stayed. Therefore I may be returning soon if I can work it out! Great benefits and understanding management!
I wouldn't advise anyone to work at RPS or PRA International.
Trial Manager (Former Employee) –  NJ11 July 2014
There have been a lot of changes since PRA International acquired RPS in late 2013 and few were positive changes; e.g., in April 2013, PRA changed our medical benefits to a plan with a $7,000.00 annual deductible for a single person. A typical day at work can often exceed 12 hours; management expects employees to work however long it takes to accomplish what the client desires. There is no such thing as work-life balance. I learned that although one of the company core values is "Integrity," that is not, in fact, what the company practices; e.g., we were directed to include skills and experience on our resumes which we did not actually have. Management support is practically nonexistent.
Very productive
Clinical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PA19 January 2014
RPS is a wonderful place to work. Very flexible and good compensation.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
no cons
Recent changes in organization have not benefitted employees
Executive Director of Medical Affairs (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PA7 January 2014
The corporate culture has changed with the purchase by PRA. Everything has changed.- Culture, management (I have had a new manager for 4 months and have not heard from him)
Pros
Culture, buracy, links to management
RPS is a CRO and as such provides economical quality service to clients.
Analytical Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJ27 August 2013
Working for RPS was a major change for me. Having worked for a major pharma company for long time to working for a CRO requires many changes in management style, what is deliverable, how to achieve them etc.
Pros
Working in similar industry and similar job functions.
Cons
Serving two masters, the parent and client company is difficult to manage, at times.
Work from home days
Data Integrity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PA6 June 2013
I like working at RPS. Very laid back, friendly co-workers, and you get to work from home 3 days a week.
Poorly managed company without clear vision
Business Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PA7 March 2013
Management is looking to try to revolutionize the pharmaceutical research industry but is doing it at the expense of their own infrastructure. They have high expectations of their employees and do not support them.
Bad
CRA (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma15 November 2012
Bad pay, hardly any vacation, NO RAISES!!!! NO BONUSES!!
Was employed for 3 years, not one raise.
Cons
don't expect a raise
Great benefits, some flaws, but provided stable and meaningful employment
Analytical Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PA7 June 2012
Decent Pay, but took some fighting to get fair treatment per their Handbook for vacation time. Was low balled initially.

I was contracted to another site, and even though I was 5 minutes from world headquarters, I rarely heard from upper management or was invited to their summer BBQ.

Overall, not bad.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lack luster communication from corporate, no connection to the "best workplace" culture
Typical CRO
CRA (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PA1 May 2012
Not bad, expensive benefits. Way behind the times in terms of technology.
Productive team environment with great sponsor management.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PA17 April 2012
A decent company to work for overall. Only set back is that all employees worked under a contract with work being managed through Sponsor. Consequently time off was very seldom available even when desperately needed.
Pros
great team environment, telecommuting flexibility, additional skil set deveopment.
Cons
few breaks, time off was hard to come by.

2.6