Research Now

Research Now Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Started sweet, ended sour.
SURVEY PROGRAMMER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 15, 2014
Pros: free soda machines, community service days
Cons: politics, lies, bogus policies, incompetent senior management
When I started at RN, I was quite happy with my job. Over the year that I was there, an office was opened in India. That office had been reporting that it was doing things 100% correct 100% of the time. So the director of survey programming figured that if that office could do it, why couldn't other offices? So he implemented "FTR" (first time right). Soon after, clients began to complain that the surveys that came out of India weren't correct and there was a huge problem. So we found out that the office in India had lied about their numbers. Well, the director of Survey programming decided to keep the "FTR" policy that was based on a lie. Then they decided to attach 2 programmers from India to one senior programmer from either Toronto or Plano and that Sr. Programmer would oversee what the India programmers did. The whole thing is a farce. They even lie to their clients about who programs the surveys saying it was the senior programmer when in actuality it was the India programmers. Unlike other places I've worked since leaving this cesspool have focused on things that you've done well and actually help you improve what needs to be improved. RN only focuses on what you've done wrong and they make you feel terrible for it. You basically get pulled in a room by your TL and told "Do better or you're fired" and offer no help to get you to improve. There are so little opportunities to advance in this company that it's utterly ridiculous. The only part about my time there that I enjoyed was some of the people and the community service days. I made some great friends from this job. Stay away from this place. It won't be good for you or your career.