Having an excellent reputation on our side, ORION Trading are expanding and we are looking to hire 2 Media Buyers to join the team.
The Buyer, Media Investments is responsible for preparing, negotiating and documenting the execution of media buys for all client(s) within Orion Trading. The Buyer will be responsible for preparing, and/or assisting the Manager in preparing, all written documentation to the Planner(s) or Client(s) (i.e.: pre-buy/post-buy reports, media evaluations/recommendations and other pertinent documentation).
This role requires you to work as part of an integrated team ensuring brilliant and flawless media executions.
What we need from you as a Buyer:
- Be the lead in solving/clearing billing discrepancies/queries in a timely manner
- Prepare and present pre-buy/post-buy reports, including third party audits if required
- Negotiate compensation for any/all delivery shortfalls
- Have solid knowledge of computer systems and programs
- Attend media seminars and presentations as required
- Maintain stewardship of the execution (makegoods, credits, opportunistic purchases etc.)
- The Buyer is responsible for approving all makegoods & credits, monthly client billings and budget control reports
- Pursue value-added enhancements/opportunities with media suppliers and present evaluations/recommendations to Planner and/or Client
- Maintain professional and equitable relationship with Media suppliers
- Contribute towards the betterment of the overall Orion Trading product and image: recommend procedures, contribute to Media Mix, identify and communicate potential buying market conditions to peers, attendance at Media/Client Events
- Attend all media briefings for all brand activity from Planner/Supervisor/Client
- Purchase all assigned media to planned objectives within the planned budget
-Advise media sales representatives of upcoming campaigns and meet to discuss the submission
-Develop market/vehicle analysis and trending.
-Develop a media schedule that satisfies the brand objectives (i.e. cost efficiencies, quality, proper daypart mix etc.)
-Seek out/investigate promotional/value-added opportunities
-Negotiate the package with the sales representative
-Brand schedule the client’s inventory according to planned objectives
-Work with Traffic dept to ensure proper instructions are sent to media suppliers
-Estimate any/all spill deliveries if applicable
-Advise Media Manager of any/all variations to execution of media plan (over/under achievements, over/under expenditures etc.)
-Accommodate all shifts/revisions/cancellations to the media execution
What skills & experience we are looking for:
- Post secondary education – University graduate or advertising/marketing College degree preferred
- Minimum two (2) years experience as Media Buyer – experience in digital buying is an asset
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Well organized
- Detailed, extremely accurate, and analytical
- Good people skills
- Has initiative and is self motivated
- Able to work both independently and in a group setting
- Exhibit proficiency in applicable syndicated and proprietary media research and programs (e.g. DDS, Infosys, Airware, etc.)
- Proficient with computer programs (Word, Excel)
ORION Trading offers great compensation coupled with an enviable benefits package and an employee perks program. Talented and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply today. Please quote Buyer, Media Investments in the subject line. You can also apply via LINKEDIN We appreciate all applications, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reprise Media is a full service digital marketing agency, specializing in Intent Marketing. Our core services cover Search Engine Marketing,...