Rent A Center

Rent A Center Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great while it lasted
Lead Assistant Manager (Current Employee), St. Thomas, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: relaxed envirnment
Cons: no advancement
answer phone s
accounts receivable
assist drivers
payroll bank deposits
Positive Experience
Customer Account Rep - Store Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, OntarioApril 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not enough focus on canadian stores
Great Place to work for, just need to focus a little more on Canadian Stores.
Would work for again
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee), CanadaJanuary 3, 2013
sometimes you get overwhelmed with collections and deliveries, but overall a good place to work. I've been an employee three times.
Good if you don't have family
Sales Manager (Current Employee), CanadaMay 8, 2012
Cons: long hours, mean customers, no family time
It pays well, but it will chew you up and spit you out!! If you have family or any social life RUN!!
Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2012
Hard to balance work and life working 50+ hours a week, no holidays to start and salary is slightly below where I believe it should be.
Rent a Center
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee), grant rd tucson azJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: really good pay
Cons: picking heavy stuff
Working for Rent a Center is really good money the only bad thing is that being a girl and having no kind of protection on your own is really risky. Doing repos on people they will attack. Being out so late waiting on the customers to be home is dangerous.
Easy going workplace while still being productive
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee), Penn Yan, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: store manager bought us lunch at least twice a week, great atmosphere, fun to work there
Cons: upper management was a little power drunk at times, because of it being a sales position they would also encourage little white lies, which made me uncomfortable.
I enjoyed working here, the in-store management was great, upper management left somewhat of a bad taste in my mouth though. I witnessed the manager for my district celebrate because she finally had an excuse to fire someone she didn't like. This made me, as a new employee, feel like I was walking on eggshells constantly. I was worried for my job occasionally if there were concerns over my productivity, which there were no company standards for but rather spoken ones from management. Other than that it was actually very enjoyable. My co-workers were awesome and we had a great time there. It was less a "job" and more a fun place to hang out all day, even though we worked hard more often than we didn't. One of the duties was moving furniture into customers homes and I ruptured 3 discs catching a couch that was falling onto a coworker. After them forcing me to take a medical leave of absence even though I was on workers comp the entire time, I was laid off after the required amount of time for a medical LOA had passed. This left me less than impressed but I was told that it was the district manager (again) who had done this. I would absolutely work for the company again, just in a different area so I did not have to deal with this specific manager.
stressful job where you meet some crazy people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Raytown, MOJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: enjoyed my manager, lots of joking, enjoyed helping my customers
Cons: short breaks, back breaking work at times, very stressful
Had to call all customers past due first; make bank deposit, take deposit to the bank. Load up first delivery on truck or sometimes had to go get items from other stores.
I learned that some jobs are not always what them seem to be at the time of applying for them. I had some good co-workers at times and some that were not so nice.
Hardest part of the job was carrying all the heavy furniture up 3 flights of stairs at times and then finding out it would not fit in customers apartment. So then you would have to take items back down 3 flights of stairs. The weather was sometimes not very cooperative for this job ( rain, snow, ice, the cold)
I had some good managers. But there were not very good district managers at the time.
I did really enjoy the time when we would make our goal for our store and had a little time to have a little fun, and not be so stressed.
Fast paced, challenging but rewarding
Store Manager (Current Employee), VAJanuary 21, 2015
The job of a store manager requires many hours to achieve the goals set by the company. It is fast paced and there are new and different challenges every day.
great $$$ but too stressful
Store Manager (Current Employee), Gastonia, NCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: money, set schedule, every sunday off
Cons: long hours, unrealistic demands, work day off consistantly, work past scheduled time often
great money, but not worth the stress on you mentally and physically... upper management does not care about employees. your job security is based on whether customers pay you on time. never get your during the week day off as a store manager. always demand more and is never satisfied... co workers become like a family environment but hardest part of the job is maintaining work.life balance
Great job to grow your career
Store Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 20, 2015
Developed and shared best practices across the company, including how to increase conversion rates.
Achieved all organizational objectives and surpassed expectations by developing strategic initiatives.
Increased profits by empowering employees to improve performance in sales and customer service.
Directed sales floor operations and prepared daily sales reports.
Evaluated return-on-investment and profit-loss projections and implemented to programs to improve operations
and achieve or exceed objectives.
Good pay and benefits; bad management
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee), Elberton, GAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: lack of good management
A typical day for me started off with phone calls to overdue accounts. Later, we would get ready for any deliveries or help with sales on the sales floor. I would also do things like clean up returned merchandise, set up new stock, or make house visits to customers that could not be contacted via phone. The end of the day would include calls again to late customers. I learned how ti use a customer database on a computer as well as sales experience. My co-workers were enjoyable people but the manager was young and inexperienced as well as a bit immature. The hardest part of the day to me was phone calls to late customers. Some of the customers could get rather defensive as well as hostile. The most enjoyable part of the day was deliveries because we got to get out of the store.
productive
Salesman (Former Employee), La Puente, caJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: delivery
Always something do, on the phone, with a customer, or on a delivery. The only problem is the schedule
Fast paced, Fun, and great place to work
Store manager (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: work hours
Typical day at RAC was 9am-8pm. Managing the daily activities and my employees.

I learned how to manage people and the store. I became a good productive boss.

My District manager would do what ever she needed to help us out.

My employees were the best in our district. We grew our store 180 BOR since I took over in may 2014.

Hardest part of the job was telling people that we needed to pick up there product.

The best part of my job was the people I worked with and the customers. I love when they came in and we would chit chat about how things are going with them.
very fun work place and educational
Store Manager (Former Employee), Westmont, ILJanuary 12, 2015
working for Rent a center is a good place to work with very little advancement to get the knowledge of sales and collections equally. Advancement is not as quick as you would like based upon the number of stores in the market.
Very Challenging
Manager (Former Employee), Joplin, MOJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: promotion opportunities
Cons: very demanding
It is very satisfying to help the customer find the products they truly need and then to help them construct a budget and to stay on track with it. The employees there are driven individuals.
Work to Own
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: meeting and greeting cutomers, rate of pay, benefits, the staff
Cons: constant lifting over 50lbs, repossesions
Customer service isn't for everyone, but here you meet and greet customer, assist with life goals for the individuals to help them achieve the home they deserve by renting home furnishings. The management staff and co-workers are like family, they invite you into the job with open arms, along with on the job training, community services, and fund raising.
the hardest part of the job is that if you are not able to lift more that 50lbs, this would not be the job for you, but again the best part is seeing a happy family leave out of the store knowing that they would soon have comfortable living in their new home, or apartment at a reasonable price.
family oriented environment/ great management
Customer Account Rep (Current Employee), Hilo, HIJanuary 10, 2015
Rent a Center is a great company. They take very good care of their workers and recognize all efforts/ accomplishments made by employees. They have a great system and are very organized. Very family oriented environment.
I enjoy working here
Customer Accounts Representative (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNJanuary 7, 2015
The job is great, and the money is good. The hours are very long.
GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Aguadilla, PRJanuary 6, 2015
A NICE AN A CONFORTABLE PLACE TO WORK I LEARN THE IMPORTANCE OF HAVING A GOOD CREDIT RECORD

1 2 3 4 5

About Rent A Center

Our stores offer name-brand furniture, electronics, appliances and computers through flexible rental purchase agreements that – Read more