Rent A Center

Rent A Center Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great while it lasted
Lead Assistant Manager (Current Employee), St. Thomas, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: relaxed envirnment
Cons: no advancement
answer phone s
accounts receivable
assist drivers
payroll bank deposits
Positive Experience
Customer Account Rep - Store Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, OntarioApril 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not enough focus on canadian stores
Great Place to work for, just need to focus a little more on Canadian Stores.
Would work for again
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee), CanadaJanuary 3, 2013
sometimes you get overwhelmed with collections and deliveries, but overall a good place to work. I've been an employee three times.
Good if you don't have family
Sales Manager (Current Employee), CanadaMay 8, 2012
Cons: long hours, mean customers, no family time
It pays well, but it will chew you up and spit you out!! If you have family or any social life RUN!!
Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2012
Hard to balance work and life working 50+ hours a week, no holidays to start and salary is slightly below where I believe it should be.
too Much
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cohoes, NYSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: busy
Cons: pay
It was a good job, good ppl. Always had something to do. But not worth the pay
Fun enviornment
Assistant Sales Manager for COE store (Current Employee), Cicero, ILSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: paid weekly, benefits, off on sundays
Cons: 10-12 hour days, no time to spend with family and advancement issues
Its a fun environment, however the work load and hours are strenous
Rent A Center Manager
Store Manager (Current Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits, weekly pay
Cons: long hours, bearly off time
Versatile Manager focused on team building and talent development. Driven to surpass company goals while thriving in deadline-driven environments. Possessing in-depth knowledge of collections, as well as advanced understanding of sales. Personable and friendly with superb negotiation and presentation skills.
Great if you have no family.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Marion, VASeptember 28, 2014
Cons: too many
Great if you have no family. I will say I enjoyed managing and developing many co-workers to transform their lives.
Meeting New People
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Greenville AlabamaSeptember 27, 2014
sales calls collections calls field visits learning all the merchandise
Good company
Manager (Former Employee), OHSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Very structured day
Good training program
Management does listen to you
good work enviorment
Hardest part is doing deliveries
Customer relations
always thankul in all things
executive demoted to assistant manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: days go quick for 10 hrs
Cons: flip-flop threatening management fear driven
10-12 hours no-stop high pressured innumerable tasks often interrupted by lengthy horn-blowing conference calls that defy
the truth in actual success.

I learned how to do the job inside and out at all levels observing many managerial approaches and constant changes often to
the expense of time and customer management. My golden rule
customer approach – more... is better business than the all out money grab
approach at a terrible price. Hard work here gets your managers promoted, and leaves you with a lifetime of regret on how they
devalue family life.

Had alot of great managers and co-workers @ all levels and from different stores and districts. Did all I could do to support, lead,
follow and grow with through alot of painful effort. During the last
year, observed a very negative change in broad spectrum of how
my region was managed. Just when you think you know somebody
think again. Thankful that when I trained people, I always informed them all managers will operate somewhat differently and brought out positive alternatives not in practice. Ratings review based upon last 2 years. It's all about now , right?

Leaving this large body of effort with not a thankyou, or even a glimpse of the truth in what I overcame and went through to support my family. Being instructed to was do things one way, then having most recent manager not back up or agree to what was decided. That constant a heavy load and customers shared the brunt of it.hour
All those lives I was in connection with for so many hours and nothing to become of it only because of the spiraling end to corporate gain over a better quality of life for those who had put
the time and effort in to enjoy an extra $1.94 per hour more than they were hired at 13 years ago. Lies and cover-up the special of
the day.

Working hard physically, mentally, and interacting with people.
Having a customer after 7 years of coming in store making payments
say to me, I always thought you were the manager." Heard this more than several times over the last 10 yrs and also them telling my manager what a great salesman I was, even though the last manager said I couldn't sell, but frequently led district in sales up until
the edging out of my expanded wage. Leavig without being able to say goodbye to some great people I've known over the years, and with no clue what they may have been told. People are more deceitfully clever than I would have ever imagined having been around a bit. Most thankfull for this 14 months of knowing my Father God to even greater depths in the presence of my saviour. JESUS.
No unemployment, and the way I was managed, leaving my family
in doubt of me, suffering great lack. Even so I count it as joy, for
I still believe God will supply and they will see Christ in me.
Much more of a win than ill gotten gain. Down to earth, heaven bound, and signing out. – less
A very work oriented company
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Niles, MISeptember 24, 2014
Having to work 10+ hours a day really takes away from your home life. It's a great place for single young people to work but if you have a family it may not be for you.
a great place to start
Assitant Manager (Former Employee), Sunbury, PASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: learn alot about managemeant nice pay decent insurance
Cons: long hours in all kinds of weather
I started as an account manager delivering merchandise, handling past due accounts and working with customers. I learned how to handle upset customers provide a solution and resolve their issues in a timely manner. The managers I worked for were all their to help and guide you to be a better employee. they are understanding honest and very appreciative – more... of your hard work. the hardest thing I ha to was deliver merchandise to some really tight places. you have to be able to make good decisions and follow through. the most rewarding part was to put a smile on a customers face after you just delivered the product and showed them how to work the item. the money was also great. you got a steady raise on a frequent basis. – less
I like this job because the variaty of duties and responsability make the job a challenge each day.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Jonesville, MISeptember 24, 2014
Pros: close to home. reasonable pay. set work hours.
Cons: little room for advancement
opening store and contacting accounts past due then deliveries or returns that are scheduled for the day makes the day go by fast. How to manage customers accounts . Making sure inventory is correct. Great place to work if you like variety on a daily basis.
Close encounter's with co-worker's ( 4-5 ) make this job fun! Advancement is not as quick as – more... promoted. – less
Unpleasant
Assistant mgr (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: paid weekly
Cons: everything else
This task is comparable to a dog chasing it's tail, Merchandise rented, then returned or picked up for lack of payment, then returned to same consumer? Brilliant!
Rent A Center
Account Management (Current Employee), College Station TxSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: mulitple breaks, free lunch, bonuses
Cons: long hours, long days
Day in and Day out consistently dealing with customer on a daily basis, and handling money, assisting them with their money on how to obtain a good and affordable budget to pay their bills with out putting to much on their plate,
my co-workers assist in a big way, by helping and giving a hand when needed to deliver or pick up the merchandise from a – more... customer
the hardest part of the day is the beginning, early with a late finish
most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new people, and being invited into their homes, seeing different lifestyles – less
Fun company to work for
Business System Analyst (Former Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Rent A Center has a a great work environment. The people that I worked with were very friendly. I really enjoyed working there.
No Quality of life, Never enough
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: ot, employee purchases
Cons: no quality of life, long hours
This is a very demanding work environment where you are expected to work 10-12 hr shifts and you only get 1 day off at a time. Never 2 days in a row and you work EVERY saturday. The goals set by the upper management are outragous and never seem to be attainable. The plus side is you are getting paid overtime every week, but you dont have time to spend – more... the money as you are at work all the time. You are required to purchase your own RAC branded clothes which are expensive but you are given the option to purchase retail items at cost. – less
rent a center
Account Manager / Assistant manager (Current Employee), EAST PATCHOUGUE NEW YORKSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: sales, delivery, great customers
Cons: long hours
One normal day for me now would be call customers accounts in the morning. Push sales at store for walk ins then take lunch . Then I would go and do house visit at customers house. That would be a typical day at my job. Sometimes if needed I would go and do deliveries.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be sales and sale to the customers building – more... a work relationship with the customer. Also delivery process is a lot of fun also getting to see all the cool new merchandise the rent a center has to offer.

The hardest part of the job would be collection part of it when you have to pick up a customer merchandise....

I learned how important team work is in a job like rent a center. Being with a good team player can make a huge difference for example on delivery it can be get it done in 10 minutes or 45 minutes.

The management I have got to say is very good I have meet a lot of people here at rent a center. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Rent A Center

Our stores offer name-brand furniture, electronics, appliances and computers through flexible rental purchase agreements that – Read more