RENEWED COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY Employee Reviews

Very Great team of workers, Fun Environment!
Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 May 2017
The whole Team were all good friends and going into work was fun.I had many great Memories with all the Workers. I was kinda sad to leave. The Manger was a great dude and didn't really care what was going on as long as the Set goal for the day/month was reached.
Pros
Great Team, Fun people, Work was easy
Cons
Sometimes would get more work then usual
Productive and Friendly workplace
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 February 2017
The work mostly involves assemble computers, working with advance inventory system to do the orders, identify any computer related problems, repair/replace any problems occur during the assemble. My experience in Renew computer technology has improved my technical skills as well as my people skills. I can identify most computer related problems, such as hardware (hard drive, RAM, Motherboard,etc) issues, missing drivers in the windows 7 or 10 operating systems. I have been a Lead Technician in several program. Recently, I am managing two programs at once. I was leading SRP (Syrian Refugees Program) where my team shipped over 1000 computers. Being a Lead Technician has help my leadership skill, time management skill and my communication with my co-workers and my managers. Overall, experience in RCT is productive and fun, friendly.
Fun for youth workers
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 December 2016
A great way to start working right after school, opens the door for new graduates and be surrounded by people that are close to age. Friendly environment among youth workers in warehouse.
Pros
Leniant on absences
Cons
unorganized environment at times
Former employee- 2015
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 November 2016
Horrible horrible horrible! Management is very verbally abusive. Its very unethical and uncomfortable. I would think twice before accepting a contract position or internship here. Ive run into two former employees since I left, who both articulated similar feelings.
Cons
Low wages and a harsh working environment
Worse place ever work
AAAA (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 September 2016
RCT is not the best place to work, from the ED to lower level, very mean environment, especially with the financial and administration manager. I will never recommond any person to work in that place, they can fire you at any time without explanation or a cause. I hope they close down soon
A stepping stone towards a real career
PC Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 September 2016
It was good the first few months I was there and I learned a lot but after a few months they were more like rush rush and pressured environment without much room to learn. It is good for starting out, but it is not enough to pay the bills. The lady in the front who controlled everything is very strict, disrespectful and made coming to work there dreadful. This person looked down on you in every way possible and really made me feel like a terrible worker when I really wasn't at all. Supervisors and lead techs were okay though. There was encouragement but not a lot.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, accessible transit location, if you work Saturdays you get free lunch.
Cons
Not a lot of room to learn, pressure to be top notch, lady in HR out front is terrible, no cafeteria
Good Work enviroment
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON29 December 2015
Fast paced, fun and reliable work place. Great learning experience to help get focused to get in to the workforce. Lots of knowledge gained while working.
Fun work place and enjoying with co worker computer games
Repair Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 October 2015
Fun work with supportive and co worker. Very good cooperation and work together. My personally is great experience grow and develop. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Fun Place to work with computers
Computer Technician (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga19 October 2015
Very good place to start your career , you will work with supportive management and staff. I have develop some new skills and training.
Excellent learning enviroment.
Comuter Tech (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario17 September 2015
Excellent opportunity to learn all aspects of pc and laptop refurbishing.
Great management team made working at RCT enjoyable .
Pros
Excellent team atmosphere.
Cons
No chance for growth within the company.
oppurtunity to learn new things
Computer Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 June 2015
great working environment , friendly co workers , there is not much work load , great environment to work as a team player
Pros
learn new technology
Cons
less working hours
Productive workplace without any fun
Information Technology Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2015
The manager is good and friendly. But the pay is not the best, they are very tough in giving their employers pay raise.
You have to work hard 8 hours a day with no fun.
Helping the society
Computer Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 September 2014
RCT is a non profit organization which provide computers to schools & non-profit organizations, it reassembles computers from donations.
Had great time
Intern (Former Employee) –  Missisauga26 September 2014
I have learned lot new things working in this company, learned how to deal with customer orders and finishing countless orders everyday. Had great time with my team members.
Productive and fun working environment
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 August 2014
I work in a friendly environment. Everyone here was very welcoming when I first started and they continue to be very welcoming. I love working here. It gets really busy but my manager is always offering her assistance. I couldn't ask for a better job
Very low pay and not treated well
Computer Tech (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2013
People at the front treat you bad. Pay is minimum and full of bad management.
Productive enviorment
Computer Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 September 2013
Helped me get my first taste of IT experience. Gained many valuable skills as a computer repair tech.
computer technician
Computer repair technician (Former Employee) –  London on28 June 2013
horrible pay for the amount of work you do, company does't care about their employees at all
Quite good
Computer Technician Contract (Former Employee) –  Mississauga5 March 2013
Worked on refurbishing PC's and getting them ready with mouse, keyboard, monitor; for different schools across Ontario. A team orchestrated environment. Had to meet the deadlines, but not too difficult when working in a team.
Pros
good co-workers, different technology.
Cons
short lunches/breaks.