This position is accountable for the effective and efficient identification, research and resolution of technical problems that may arise when responding to questions raised by users. You will act as the first point of contact for users throughout the organization and respond to their questions in a responsive, timely and professional manner by applying strong troubleshooting skills to software applications and hardware components and providing a high level of service to all users throughout the organization.
Responsible for the daily performance and availability of the organization's network. Analyzes network and recommends upgrades/changes; assesses organization's current and future network needs. Oversees the daily operations of network staff and records incidents and changes. Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and at least 8 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to top management.
1. Provide a high level of help desk and systems support to all users in the organization by:
- Responding to telephone calls, e-mails and other requests for technical support to the help desk in a timely and professional manner;
- Following established processes and procedures to provide customer support to clients via telephone, e-mail, fax or remote access utilities;
- Demonstrating a sense of urgency and follow-up on open issues to ensure satisfactory and timely resolution is achieved;
- Escalating and/or reporting problems and concerns raised by Users management. Proactively recommending viable solutions to identified problems;
- Tracking, monitoring and accurately logging/documenting problems to ensure timely resolution and/or follow up for information; and
- Acting as a technical resource to others as appropriate.
2. Demonstrate and maintain strong troubleshooting skills by:
- Utilizing resources such as knowledge bases, websites and help desk tools, with a high level of proficiency, to locate solutions to known problems;
- Proactively seeking solutions to less common problems;
- Troubleshooting system problems and providing solutions using specific product knowledge, system utilities and operating environment.
- Looking beyond the immediate scope of a problem or concern for potential impact on other areas;
- Maintaining and upgrading technical knowledge of supported products through ongoing training and courses;
- Reviewing and maintaining solutions documented in knowledge management and problem resolution software.
3. Perform basic to intermediate computer software installations and upgrades.
4. Serve as a resource for process and procedural redesign or development.
5. Participate in special projects as assigned and ensure any assigned duties and responsibilities are completed accurately and in accordance with assigned timelines, instructions, etc.
- 5 years of practical experience in a Help Desk environment is required
- Intermediate user level knowledge of the following:
o PC's, peripheral devices and a variety of office equipment;
o Standard operating systems and office productivity software;
o Network and internet environments;
o Troubleshooting logic and techniques;
o Point of Sale Hardware/Software
o Restaurant software
- Intermediate knowledge of various types of remote access;
- Familiarity with less common operating systems.
- Software environment proficiency including Microsoft Windows operating systems, as well as proficiency in supporting the Microsoft Suite of products
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written), and listening skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Must have a positive, client-centric attitude and be willing to help others and share knowledge with Users and colleagues.
- Must be detailed-oriented, have advanced analytical and problem-solving skills and be able to think in an innovative manner;
- Within established guidelines, must have good decision-making skills;
- Must demonstrate confidence in championing one’s own ideas;
- Demonstrated flexibility, time-management skills and the ability to prioritize competing demands are required
- Able to effectively multi-task and maintain concentration given interruptions as a result of answering help desk calls;
EDUCATION AND ACCREDITATIONS:
- Degree or diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer Certification (MCSE)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Our mission is to provide quality information technology services and solutions.
Our team, highly skilled and experimented, helps our...