Building Maintenance Technician 1 – Full Time
The responsibilities of this position include (but are not limited to):
- Assist the Chief Engineer with the Equipment Preventative Maintenance Program and the Guestroom Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical systems such as HVAC systems, ice machines, refrigeration equipment and perform repairs and/or replacement as required.
- Perform electronic lock and access control systems repairs and maintenance.
- Repair/ maintain building fixtures such as drains, toilets, showers, urinals, sinks.
- Refurbish/maintain furniture and fixtures within guestrooms and other areas such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows, and counters.
- Respond to guest issues promptly, and solicit guest feedback using the LEARN process.
- Respond in a courteous manner to guest questions, complaints and/or compliments to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Follow all fire, emergency and health and safety programs and procedures in conformance with laws and regulations in the province of Ontario.
- Maintains accurate and detailed logs and records for equipment and building Maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Engineer.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Licensed/Journeyman Certification in Electrical or Refrigeration or HVAC or in the process of acquiring such preferred.
- High school diploma required
- Minimum five- (5) years current building maintenance experience (or combination of education / work experience); hotel/institutional experience an asset
- Previous trade (electrical, HVAC, Refrigeration) experience an asset
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs, climb stairs, reach overhead, pull, and bend repetitively, work from heights/ladders, standing for long periods.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and computer skills
- Ability to work a variety of shifts (days, evenings, weekends and holidays)
- Proficiency with fire panels
- Proficiency with pools, hot tubs and fitness equipment
Indeed - 4 months ago