For over 40 years, family owned Remco has built a solid reputation across Canada as the leader in fashion warehousing and distribution. Our vast experience in the apparel business has allowed us to successfully apply our transportation knowledge to other consumer products as well. Manufacturers and distributors of electronics, computers and peripherals, accessories, office supplies and other consumer goods now choose Remco as their transportation provider of choice.
With warehousing in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver, our distribution network reaches Canada’s retail stores and outlets on a scheduled basis. Our network is our greatest advantage for both fashion and a wide range of consumer products.
What distinguishes our company most is the can-do attitude and flexibility of our people. Each member of our team takes personal pride in helping your business gain momentum towards greater success. When you handle as many SKUs and specialized products as we do, it’s easy to see how Remco Does!WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
The associate will work closely with all staff in the Garage department. They will work closely with one or more mechanics in order to service company vehicles. They will report directly to the Fleet Manager.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
- Clean and maintain work area
- Maintaining and updating vehicle records
- Assist with any tasks assigned by supervisor
HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Protect his or her own health and safety, by complying with the law, and by understanding the practices of the Company.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards within work area
- Report any workplace hazards to your manager
- Insure correct handling and storage of all office equipment
- Must have mechanical aptitude and knowledge of general motor vehicle maintenance (some truck experience if possible)
- Knowledge in the use of power and hand tools related to motor vehicle service and repair
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to read, write, and follow instructions
- Ability to safely handle and use cleaning chemicals, fuels, and equipment
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Ability to lift, carry, and move parts weighing up to 75 pounds and to be on feet for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to work in adverse conditions such as weather extremes, around fumes, noise, dust, and dirt
- Must be available to work afternoons
- Must have a G Class license
- Must be open to learning opportunities as this position MIGHT lead to an apprenticeship
For over 40 years, family owned Remco has built a solid reputation across Canada as the leader in fashion warehousing and distribution. Our...