RELIANCE PROTECTRON Employee Reviews

interesting and a lot of hard work
Technician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 29, 2016
A typical day of work consisted of going to new places everyday and installing cameras and dealing with problems along the way. I learned what it took to be a good employee and I would say made me a better and more diligent worker. Hardest part of the job was the physical labour, and the part I enjoyed the most was wiring and terminating lines.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Long hours (never really know when you are gonna finish0
Restez loin
Agents, centre d'appels (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 12, 2016
Une entreprise incompétente a tous les niveaux. À recommander pour les gens ayant envie de travailler dans un environnement désagréable, sale et très stresse.
Pros
Shift est terminée.
Cons
Aller à y travailler.
Strong management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 8, 2015
The service they offer to client and the way the always innovate is a strong suit of their. The most enjoyable part of the job was how we could monitor thing in real time
Pros
Easy job
Cons
schedule is 7 days straight 7 days off 10 hours shift
Great Co-workers and Managers
Alarm Monitoring Agent (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJuly 23, 2015
I worked a 7 days on, 7 days off shift rotation, with 10 hour shifts. It was great to have so much free time in a row, however it made it difficult to build a routine.

Work involved calling clients when their alarm systems tripped, and advised them of the situation.

The hardest part was dealing with upset customers. Due to the size of the company, there are many different departments, and often long hold time.

Many customers complained that the other departments were not doing their job very well, and I got sick of dealing with the aftermath of their mistakes
Pros
Lots of overtime opportunity
Degrading, oppressive employer
Monitoring Operator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJuly 21, 2015
Despite having a quarterly bonus, this job was completely lacking any kind of reward or sense of accomplishment. Quarterly reviews point out each of your flaws, as well as repeatedly drawing attention any previous demerits that may prevent you from getting the quarterly bonus. Reviews which come closer to the qualifying score are examined more closely than others, resulting in a reward that is always just out of reach.

Employer is extremely rigid about the 70-hour work week, and refuses to allow any modifications for your schedule, family, or health concerns. Days off must be booked annually in spring, except in rare cases.

If you are a new employee, you will probably end up working a night shift. If you can't handle the night shift, you will be fired.
Pros
Lots of free time
Cons
70-hour work week, oppressive review system, no care for employee health needs, no choice of scheduling
worst place to work unless you are completly nuts.
Monitoring Operator (Former Employee) –  OttawaApril 17, 2015
i worked at this place for 5years and there is lack of managment,you are just an operator number ours starts with ''OC'' for ottawa central,you are criticized for EVERYTHING and you have no chance to grow as an individual as everything is ''team oriented'',you will be ''coached'' on the regular but the coachings are to tell you how ''bad you are doing'' never what you do RIGHT,I am relieved i no longer work at this place......made great friends but that is IT.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
long hours/you are just a number to the bosses
Productive and a fun learning environment
Senior Emergency Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BCMarch 7, 2015
This environment of this job was a call centre, so the main priority was answering calls in a timely manner and assisting clients with needs. A typical day at work involved calling and notifying individuals if their alarm went off, sending police/fire/ambulance in the event of emergencies. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely being around such wonderful people. After working for this company for two years I gained ever lasting friendships. Before I got hired at Reliance Protectron, I had never worked at a call centre, so I definitely gained more knowledge on how that type of environment works, how to have proper phone etiquette, and defusing/handling situations!
Company overview
Director Operations Excellence (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 27, 2014
Incorporated in 1988 and headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, Reliance Protectron Inc. is Canada's largest privately owned security monitoring and installation Company. It employs over 1,000 qualified professionals and 250 subcontractors and dealers who specialize in the selling, installing, servicing and monitoring of electronic security systems for more than 400,000 residential, commercial, industrial and wholesale subscribers nationwide and generates over $175M dollars in annual revenue.
Pros
flexible and occasional remote working schedules
Cons
lack of learning opportunities
Management and Job culture
Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 5, 2014
The company shows moments of difficulties at the moment. There is a great lack of management and support. After the acquisition made ​​by ADT, the company changes weekly working tools, such as prices and equipment. The installation service has become very slow and procedures after contracts are more difficult to accomplish in time without affecting the date of installation.
There are more and more frustrated because after the sale you should always check with the office if everything goes well and does not need any additional information because the facility could be canceled without preventing the sales agent.
People are great, Job is interesting, management is garbage.
Account Creation/Data/EMS (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 20, 2013
The staff are amazing people, some of the best I've ever worked with. The job is interesting, changes every day. Small oportunities to grow as most people have been there for quite a long time. Management is awful. They micro-manage, treat you poorly, almost never applaud a good job done, and absolutely refuse to assist in the work/life balance. I would have stayed with this company if management cared a little more about my mental well being. Great place to work if you're able to ignore management conatantly beating you down.
Pros
amazing co-workers
Cons
awful management, long hours and a lot of mandatory overtime.
Productive, Fast paced and amazing team
Operational Efficiency Team (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 25, 2013
Micro-Management environment, not a problem with this type of work.

Really enjoy working there, have to bring different ideas. Not one day is the same. Challenges everyday

Very face paced environment that requires amazing team work.

I love working has a team and being able to share my knowledge with others.
Pros
amazing staff
Cons
under payed for the workload
Building a Customer relationship is paramount
SALES REPRESENTATIVE - Territory, British Columbia (Former Employee) –  SurreyFebruary 6, 2014
- Create needs analysis to determine customers
need.

- I learned that if a customer like you they will
buy from you.

- Management was good

- Co-workers were knowledgeable

- Hardest part of job was not having product
needed.

- Enjoyable part of job was, keeping customer
informed, and closing.
Good experience
Technical Support Operator (Current Employee) –  ottawa, ontarioFebruary 9, 2015
- answered calls all day to help with technical problems with alarm systems
- assisted with installations

- great place to learn how to work with a team
- learnt how to manager work and to work fast
Fun workplace, great surrey office team.
Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 20, 2013
Flexible hours in sales.
A very good surrey team, you will get full support.
Overall a good company to work with.
Pros
good company to work with.
Cons
i like to see more in house techs, very hard to get referrals from your customers, too much red tapism
fun people but awful management
Operator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 30, 2014
Overall, I had a good time working there. Co workers were great but the management is awful. This is why I left. Disorganized, careless and not helpful at all.
Pros
fun co workers
Cons
wage, management
there is always something new to learn
Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 23, 2014
Great company to work for. 2015 would be my 15th year working there. Great work environment. Good work ethics. Great management team.
Pros
flexible hours
I wouldnt work for them again.
Coaching Chief (Current Employee) –  ottawaFebruary 11, 2013
When I started I loved my job. Howerver the management at this company has an ability to wear you down. The work is great its the management that has issues.
Would not go back to work there again
Bilingual Monitoring Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 5, 2013
The job is a very good job but the people working there are not good.
The management could be better
The job was too stressful
high work paced call centre
Alarm Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 16, 2012
anwsering call, inbound and outbound.
taking complaints
dispatching agencies
Pros
having a 7 day off period
Largest Canadian monitoring company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioAugust 5, 2014
Great team to work with. Extremely competitive with lots of incentive bonuses.

2.9