RELIANCE PROTECTRON

RELIANCE PROTECTRON Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Largest Canadian monitoring company
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioAugust 5, 2014
Great team to work with. Extremely competitive with lots of incentive bonuses.
If you're looking for a job where your voice will be heard, look away.
monitoring representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 19, 2014
Pros: some coworkers
Cons: almost everything
Alright, lets break it down. This review is for the monitoring station.

Typical day at work:

If you actually do your job: the "chiefs" will throw all the work your way, regardless of how useless other operators are being. This place is under staffed, the work ethic is terrible, people think treating 1 signal entitles them to a break when there are – more... 10 min+ delays.

If you are lazy: Join now! you will get paid as much as the guys mentioned above and do just about NONE of the work!

There also doesn't seem to be any hiring standards here. We have people who I have no idea how they passed their interview with such personalities. I have seen things done by other operators where I just hold my head in awe. We are an alarm company that deal with possible life or death situations, and we have operators who will not treat their signals. Even when they are caught doing it, they don't get in trouble, can you believe it?

What I learned:

Hard work is shrugged off by superiors yet the smallest mistakes calls for some bashing to give the ones who do nothing, something to do. The structure for this job is horrible. For all you potential job seekers, there are 9 levels for operators, at the moment, all 9 levels PAY THE SAME yet each level adds workloads to your day. Apparently less than 2 years ago everyone had to treat the same variety of signals, so now you have senior staff doing all the work and new staff doing 1/9th of the work for practically the same pay. There is also a lot of injustice, raises and bonuses are not your typical ones, you will see people who do not work and who are at a lower level get higher raises and better schedules. If you ask about it they will all answer you that they have no control over that.

Scheduling is terrible as well, they advertise being able to offer you a flexible schedule but they will hand you what they need and its take it or leave it.

Management:

Oh boy... Have you read the previous reviews about Ottawa's management? Of all the companies I've worked for... The management here is the absolute WORST. These guys take it easy breezy all day in their little corners, occasionally getting up to invade employees' space while their working. Rather than blocking the internet since the company has an intranet, they try and sneak up behind you to catch you using the internet when there's nothing happening work wise. Complaints are sent from one person to the other, then to the recycling bin, and the cycle restarts. If you show that you have a voice, the next thing you know is that we're receiving an e-mail from the call center supervisor announcing that you are now a considered a member of the public. Performance reviews are a joke, the way it works here will blow your mind. You can treat 1000 signals that require no phone calls, and you will get no bonus, the next guy can treat 10 signals that all required 1 phone call, and he will get his bonus. Make sense? They have chiefs called QM's for every shift that overlook operations and treatment of the queue, apparently they insure that all operators are doing their fair share.. but get ready to get disappointed again! There are ways to avoid working, I've seen many do it, I've tried it myself, and they never catch on.

Co-workers:

Most of my co-workers are amazing people. There are a few oddballs, some who don't realize how annoying they really are, and ofcourse, the "I don't care" slackers who the bare minimum and get away with everything else. But by far, the fellow operators would be the MAIN reason to work here.

Hardest part of the job:

Coming in for another shift where everything listed above will apply. And its usually the case.

Most enjoyable part of the job:

Sadly, at this point, its leaving.

In summary, if your career goals are "a jobs a job", look elsewhere. You will get paid just about the same at a no name department store and will have to handle a fraction of the stress. Just to give you one final example: My hiring class had 9 people, within less than 6 months, 7 left for reasons listed above. Each subsequent class have had similar luck. A fellow senior coworker was offered a higher paying job, and he offered to stay if they could match the salary... this is the best part. THEY DIDNT EVEN ANSWER HIM. Pretty much a silent "BYE!"

If you're looking for a career here. Get ready to feel like a 50's house wife... like your dreams don't count and your opinion doesn't matter. – less
Building a Customer relationship is paramount
SALES REPRESENTATIVE - Territory, British Columbia (Former Employee), SurreyFebruary 6, 2014
- Create needs analysis to determine customers
need.

- I learned that if a customer like you they will
buy from you.

- Management was good

- Co-workers were knowledgeable

- Hardest part of job was not having product
needed.

- Enjoyable part of job was, keeping customer
informed, and closing.
People are great, Job is interesting, management is garbage.
Account Creation/Data/EMS (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 20, 2013
Pros: amazing co-workers
Cons: awful management, long hours and a lot of mandatory overtime.
The staff are amazing people, some of the best I've ever worked with. The job is interesting, changes every day. Small oportunities to grow as most people have been there for quite a long time. Management is awful. They micro-manage, treat you poorly, almost never applaud a good job done, and absolutely refuse to assist in the work/life balance. I would – more... have stayed with this company if management cared a little more about my mental well being. Great place to work if you're able to ignore management conatantly beating you down. – less
Productive, Fast paced and amazing team
Operational Efficiency Team (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 25, 2013
Pros: amazing staff
Cons: under payed for the workload
Micro-Management environment, not a problem with this type of work.

Really enjoy working there, have to bring different ideas. Not one day is the same. Challenges everyday

Very face paced environment that requires amazing team work.

I love working has a team and being able to share my knowledge with others.
Great place to work !
Alarm Monitoring Agent (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 14, 2013
Great place to work ! Only complaint is the odd working hours
fun workplace
Alarm system dispatcher (Former Employee), Ottawa,onMay 22, 2013
Flexible hours ,possibility do to overtime,inboud and outbound call center
Fun workplace, great surrey office team.
Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee), Surrey, BCApril 20, 2013
Pros: good company to work with.
Cons: i like to see more in house techs, very hard to get referrals from your customers, too much red tapism
Flexible hours in sales.
A very good surrey team, you will get full support.
Overall a good company to work with.
I wouldnt work for them again.
Coaching Chief (Current Employee), ottawaFebruary 11, 2013
When I started I loved my job. Howerver the management at this company has an ability to wear you down. The work is great its the management that has issues.
Would not go back to work there again
Bilingual Monitoring Specialist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 5, 2013
The job is a very good job but the people working there are not good.
The management could be better
The job was too stressful
high work paced call centre
Alarm Dispatcher (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 16, 2012
Pros: having a 7 day off period
Cons: long hours
anwsering call, inbound and outbound.
taking complaints
dispatching agencies
Ce n'est plus une pme
Agente service à la clientèle, Système de sécurité (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 25, 2014
J'ai aimé travailler chez protectron, mais ils ne pensent qu'en pme et ils sont rendu plus gros maintenant. Beaucoup de pressions