RELIANCE PROTECTRON Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Order Desk clerk (Former Employee) –  St.Leonard, Montreal,QC14 June 2017
Working for this company gave me a great experience in data entry and sales. The staff and manager were very helpful and a great team to work with.The benefits are great it was just the schedule was not up to par.
Pros
Staff and benefits
Cons
The hours
travail stimulant
Opératrice de central d'alarmes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 May 2017
Le poste d'opératrice de central d'alarmes est un poste des plus stimulants. Aucune journée ne ressemble à une autre.
Pros
Horaire en 7-7 de 10 heures. Ensuite 1 semaine de congé.
Very demanding but extremely rewarding on all aspects
President & CEO (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 March 2017
Reporting to the Board of Directors, I lead all aspect of the business, from establishing and implementing a vision of strategic and financial planning, supporting business expansion through regular channels and M&A, and ensuring operational excellence. I had full P/L responsibility with the goal of maximizing value creation. As a leader, I was also responsible for ensuring that the overall nationwide management team in place was well aligned and strong enough to deliver current and long term plans and making sure we provide our customers with above-average quality of service.
Bonne entrprise
Agent service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Leonard, ON2 March 2017
Bel expérience de travail
Entreprise ou les employés étaient bien traité
This company has a happy work atmosphere
Booking Agent (Former Employee) –  Leonard, ON11 December 2016
The team I worked for was great, my team manager was a on hand manager and had great work skills with the staff. The salary was less to be desired, but the benefits were great. The worked schedule was not convenient for me as a single mom. In general it was a is a great company to work for.
Pros
Benefits and staff
Cons
hours
interesting and a lot of hard work
Technician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 June 2016
A typical day of work consisted of going to new places everyday and installing cameras and dealing with problems along the way. I learned what it took to be a good employee and I would say made me a better and more diligent worker. Hardest part of the job was the physical labour, and the part I enjoyed the most was wiring and terminating lines.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Long hours (never really know when you are gonna finish0
Restez loin
Agents, centre d'appels (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 June 2016
Une entreprise incompétente a tous les niveaux. À recommander pour les gens ayant envie de travailler dans un environnement désagréable, sale et très stresse.
Pros
Shift est terminée.
Cons
Aller à y travailler.
Strong management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 November 2015
The service they offer to client and the way the always innovate is a strong suit of their. The most enjoyable part of the job was how we could monitor thing in real time
Pros
Easy job
Cons
schedule is 7 days straight 7 days off 10 hours shift
Great Co-workers and Managers
Alarm Monitoring Agent (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 July 2015
I worked a 7 days on, 7 days off shift rotation, with 10 hour shifts. It was great to have so much free time in a row, however it made it difficult to build a routine.

Work involved calling clients when their alarm systems tripped, and advised them of the situation.

The hardest part was dealing with upset customers. Due to the size of the company, there are many different departments, and often long hold time.

Many customers complained that the other departments were not doing their job very well, and I got sick of dealing with the aftermath of their mistakes
Pros
Lots of overtime opportunity
Degrading, oppressive employer
Monitoring Operator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 July 2015
Despite having a quarterly bonus, this job was completely lacking any kind of reward or sense of accomplishment. Quarterly reviews point out each of your flaws, as well as repeatedly drawing attention any previous demerits that may prevent you from getting the quarterly bonus. Reviews which come closer to the qualifying score are examined more closely than others, resulting in a reward that is always just out of reach.

Employer is extremely rigid about the 70-hour work week, and refuses to allow any modifications for your schedule, family, or health concerns. Days off must be booked annually in spring, except in rare cases.

If you are a new employee, you will probably end up working a night shift. If you can't handle the night shift, you will be fired.
Pros
Lots of free time
Cons
70-hour work week, oppressive review system, no care for employee health needs, no choice of scheduling
worst place to work unless you are completly nuts.
Monitoring Operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa17 April 2015
i worked at this place for 5years and there is lack of managment,you are just an operator number ours starts with ''OC'' for ottawa central,you are criticized for EVERYTHING and you have no chance to grow as an individual as everything is ''team oriented'',you will be ''coached'' on the regular but the coachings are to tell you how ''bad you are doing'' never what you do RIGHT,I am relieved i no longer work at this place......made great friends but that is IT.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
long hours/you are just a number to the bosses
Productive and a fun learning environment
Senior Emergency Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BC7 March 2015
This environment of this job was a call centre, so the main priority was answering calls in a timely manner and assisting clients with needs. A typical day at work involved calling and notifying individuals if their alarm went off, sending police/fire/ambulance in the event of emergencies. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely being around such wonderful people. After working for this company for two years I gained ever lasting friendships. Before I got hired at Reliance Protectron, I had never worked at a call centre, so I definitely gained more knowledge on how that type of environment works, how to have proper phone etiquette, and defusing/handling situations!
Good experience
Technical Support Operator (Current Employee) –  ottawa, ontario9 February 2015
- answered calls all day to help with technical problems with alarm systems
- assisted with installations

- great place to learn how to work with a team
- learnt how to manager work and to work fast
Environnement et équipe dynamique
Ressources humaines (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 January 2015
Reliance Protectron est une enteprise en constant changement où il faut être capable s'adapter. L'équipe est dynamique, compétente et collabore entre eux. Possibilité de participer à beaucoup de projets stimulants.
Pros
Bonne équilibre vie famille et travail
fun people but awful management
Operator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 December 2014
Overall, I had a good time working there. Co workers were great but the management is awful. This is why I left. Disorganized, careless and not helpful at all.
Pros
fun co workers
Cons
wage, management
Company overview
Director Operations Excellence (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 November 2014
Incorporated in 1988 and headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, Reliance Protectron Inc. is Canada's largest privately owned security monitoring and installation Company. It employs over 1,000 qualified professionals and 250 subcontractors and dealers who specialize in the selling, installing, servicing and monitoring of electronic security systems for more than 400,000 residential, commercial, industrial and wholesale subscribers nationwide and generates over $175M dollars in annual revenue.
Pros
Flexible and occasional remote working schedules
Cons
Lack of learning opportunities
there is always something new to learn
Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 November 2014
Great company to work for. 2015 would be my 15th year working there. Great work environment. Good work ethics. Great management team.
Pros
Flexible hours
Management and Job culture
Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 November 2014
The company shows moments of difficulties at the moment. There is a great lack of management and support. After the acquisition made ​​by ADT, the company changes weekly working tools, such as prices and equipment. The installation service has become very slow and procedures after contracts are more difficult to accomplish in time without affecting the date of installation.
There are more and more frustrated because after the sale you should always check with the office if everything goes well and does not need any additional information because the facility could be canceled without preventing the sales agent.
Largest Canadian monitoring company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario5 August 2014
Great team to work with. Extremely competitive with lots of incentive bonuses.
Ce n'est plus une pme
Agente service à la clientèle, Système de sécurité (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 June 2014
J'ai aimé travailler chez protectron, mais ils ne pensent qu'en pme et ils sont rendu plus gros maintenant. Beaucoup de pressions