RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

RELIANCE HOME COMFORT Employee Reviews in Canada

This company is not worth working for
Senior HVAC Installer (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJuly 11, 2016
They say we're unionized. Well there is, but it's just funny.
It really depends who's your manager, could be good or bad.
You never know how much you're making for the same task/ job that you're doing, even with the same manager!
On the other side, employees are helpful and enjoying to work with them.
Pros
Helpful employees
Cons
very productive and learning atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJune 13, 2016
I was in Billing and Service for 11 years and during the first 2 years I did many jobs in the call center. I was in accounts receivable, Sales and mail departments.
A typical day would be billing and service. explaining the bill and adjusting on line with customer when needed. Available for aprox. 30 calls per hour. We had maximum of 5 minutes to completed the call. Notes also had to be done online. In Service we had to set up Service Calls for Furnices and A/C and Hot Water Tanks. We had to also think outside the box and be prepared to answer all requests and questions for both Billing and Service.
I also sold Service Protection Plans on every call. I was usually top sales and top calls for the month.
Pros
benefits plus plus a 3 week holiday
Cons
Not many. However, the odd time I had to work midnights to morning if the other call Centers were do
Reliance
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ONJune 12, 2016
Virtual call centre environment...Wonderful working from home, able to choose your hours, great co-workers.

Able to use all your skills in assisting customers with various issues.
Great workplace with many learning opportunities
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  North York, ONJune 9, 2016
A great place to learn with a friendly and healthy work culture. Department is relatively new so many opportunities exist, but knowing where and how to start can be challenging.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Expect 24/7, 365 without sufficient compensation, or time off.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJune 3, 2016
Work 15-18 hour days, with no thank you! Upper management don't know what is happening in the field and don't make an effort to find out. Focused on sales and not service and the customers suffer.
Cons
very long hours
very poor management
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (HCA) (Former Employee) –  York, ONJune 3, 2016
COmpany cannot use resources effectively and efficienty and turn over in Relaicne is very high. In the last few years i witness more than 6 sales managrs either quit or left the job.

Customer service is Chaos,Managers have no techincal knowledge and related expereinces.Such lack of professiency affecting all the employees and make job hard for all the staff and peers.
Productive place to work
AR/Collections Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 1, 2016
Looked forward to working with my co-workers everyday
I learned fast on the systems
Management weren't the best
Enjoyed working with everyone
Good
BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 2, 2016
Most management are in touch with the business, they empower employees to achieve goals. Good team spirit on my team , with co-workers that assist when needed
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Benefits could be better
Good Beginner Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2016
This job is really good for someone who wants a completely flexible schedule but also isnt looking to work 40 hours a week. The pay is good but be prepared to give up 10 percent of it to your IBO. Also the three week training is a bit much IMO.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough hours.
Great Staff
Inbound Customer Service & Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  North York, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Great work environment, fast paced and fun, excellent staff and management. Very helpful towards new and existing customers across canada.
Friendly work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Management and co-workers were nice and friendly, although there have been many changes as I've heard since I left the company. It is also a competitive workplace as it is to do with sales.
Pros
Employee appreciation shown through lunches provided by company
Challenging and Productive Place to Work
Rental Inside Sale Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJanuary 4, 2016
I have improved upon my skills in sales. knowing what a customer need from what its is they wants plays a big roll in my success.
The hardest part of my job is not been able to work outside the perimeters of my company's policy to retain and or prevent an escalated concern.
Pros
The customer and people i have to work with
Cons
Some long hours
Reliance Home Comfort
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONOctober 10, 2015
Taking inbound calls from customers about Hot Water tank services and billing, bank repossessions. Learned things can change on a daily basis
Management were great to work for
Loved working with all my co-workers still friends with all even after i left the company
the most enjoyable was my co-workers great team they have
Good Company
Senior HVAC Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONOctober 2, 2015
Support from management, flexible
A lot of over time work
always opportunities to grow within the company if you are willing to relocate
Traditional work culture.
Workforce Planning Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONAugust 31, 2015
Provided research analysis and reports to the Workforce Planning and Operations team of 500 employees. This includes working with internal clients to develop research tools, assist with deliverables to ensure budget and technician productivity KPI’s are met.
Very de-motivating, negative and disfunctional
Home Comfort Advisor (Former Employee) –  WindsorAugust 31, 2015
In the HVAC Sales position, they feed only the top producer and the top producer is only the top producer because she is fed.
Sales manager is terrible. No communication between departments.
Do not plan on making any money. It's 100% commission and no compansation for gas or mileage. You drive to appointments made by call center in TO, and no one is home when you arrive or they are not expecting a quote they think you are there for service.
Pros
NONE
Positive and uplifting environment
sales specialist (Current Employee) –  2 lansing SqAugust 28, 2015
It is a wonderful place to work in! Management is immaculate! The coworkers are like family. Everyone looks out for each other.
Good Environment
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 30, 2015
Shifts are decent but hard to get mornings if you weren\t offered it before you start on the floor. Pay is decent at $12/hr plus commission.
Pros
Good People, Comfortable To Work, Decent Commission
Cons
Schedule, Hourly Pay Is Decent
Stable but Old-School Mentality
Analyst / Admin (Current Employee) –  North York, ONJuly 19, 2015
If you're looking for a reasonable payscale and a comfortable every day job - this company may be for you. The pay is alright and the benefits are great but the chances for growth or movement are absolutely nil. The company prefers to hire externally for every opening and does little to nurture growth.

The company will be here and need staff for a good long time. It's stable - but not very rewarding.
Productive and fun place to work
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntApril 28, 2015
A typical day at work would include answering customer's inquiries and processing credit card payments, open and close accts. Perform changes due to customer's name, address.
I've learned about the company's values and principle.
My co workers were pleasant to work with and helpful. We were all like a close family.
The hardest part of my job was having to leave due to maternity leave.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to assist in customer's inquiries and performing with the best of my knowledge.
Pros
Monthly incentives for reaching targt goals such as, big screen tv's, sport tickets, dinner voutures
Cons
Shift Changes on a quarterly basis