RELIANCE HOME COMFORT Employee Reviews

Got to work at home
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2017
I learned a lot about water heaters and how to deal with different types of customers. I got to pick my own hours and the incentives were pretty good too.
Pros
picked own hours
Cons
had to sell insurance
Bad Intentions and a negative workplace environment
Home Comfort Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON24 August 2017
The name Reliance, brings overall a high level of trust with clients. However, the style of management produces a high level of toxic results (sick leaves, poor inter personal relationships etc) within the employees. Very high stress.
many broken promises and deliberate lies.
I personally am very disappointed with the interference by management and employees that interfered with my success and overall accomplishments there.
Family Environment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 August 2017
When you start a Reliance Home Comfort, you are not walking into a job, you are walking into the open arms of family. You are guided every step of the way to achieve nothing but success in your new role. The only person that can slow you down is you. There are many opportunities to pursue and an incredible amount of support to assist you in your career path.

The Management team is first class.

The hardest part of the job was working with customers who seem to think that the technicians are waiting outside their door when one of their services fails.

The most enjoyable part of the job is walking into work each day and seeing nothing but smiling faces which motivated me to excel in my position.
Pros
Family
Cons
Personally, I have nothing, sorry :)
was ok
HVAC Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON7 August 2017
really big company and they forget how to treat their own staff. Customers get dropped in the cracks, pay was on time but changed all the time nothing secure
Fun and Produvtive work environment
Gas Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 July 2017
A place of stability and consistent work hours with proper compensation. Working alongside knowledgeable technicians who are willing to help and will to receive help. Management that goes above and beyond to provide you with the tools to succeed.
Salary and Benefits
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017
Good Salary and Benefits, Job Culture and the management. Job work balance is good as well. Nice environment and very accommodating to employees and technicians
easy work
Customer service/ Work at home (Current Employee) –  Lockeport, NS18 June 2017
receiving calls from cx wanting service done on their rental water heater or furnaces, troubleshooting possible issues and instruction to turn equipment off
Pros
work from home
Cons
not many hours
Purely a marketing compny pretending to be an HVAC company.
Comfort Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON15 June 2017
If you become a Home Comfort Advisor, they train you ONLY to sell or rent equipment. You sometimes arent even sure HOW things work and if you ask, you never get a reply.

My boss was never available as he was also a volunteer firefighter. Whenever I was working, he was not. So when needed, it was too late.
Pros
Good commissions
Cons
Poor training, poor product lines.
Worst Place I've ever worked
Home Comfort Advisor (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON20 May 2017
Very poor management focused only on the sale and their "numbers". Extremely long work hours and too much travel with no compensation. Very stressful with management calling or emailing many times a day to see what you're "doing" and how many "wins" you have(micromanaging). Initial training is excellent but no follow-up. If you have a problem with a customer etc. , you're pretty much on your own. Unrealistic expectations and sometimes driving 2 hours out of your assigned territory just for a "quote". Very high pressure job and no time off with the 7 days a week, 10 am-10 pm work day. No work life balance.
Pros
Good pay, expenses covered
Cons
Long hours, high pressure management, stressful, no support
Fast paced. Friendly environment
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  cambridge10 May 2017
I loved everything about my job , friendly environment, I learned alot about working with customers and dealing with upset customers and about water heaters and other equipment.
Political and manipulative. Can make good money
Technician (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON9 May 2017
Techs sre incentivized to CREATE LEADS and repairs are frowned upon. Management punishes techs by taking away vehicle privileges and pushing them on water heater replacement duties. like the Sales side the model for employment is young people for one year....a drive them hard and let them go quickly.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Destroys Families
Company
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North York, ON3 May 2017
The company is attempting to make improvements, however, they are not quick to move on decisions on improvements. Their is a need to identify improvements and quickly implement these processes.
Terrible Place
Home Comfort Advisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 April 2017
The worst place to work ever. They are terrible to their employees. Other sales people harrass the new sales people and nothing is done. The few sales people that have been there for a while are so greedy.
Pros
Non
Ok company to work for
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON5 April 2017
Pay was decent. The benefits are good and they have the option to contribute to RRSP. Did not pay in accordance with your licence. A gas fitter two was making the same as a gas fitter one.
Productive and Collaborative work evironment
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2017
Fantastic atmosphere, create people and very good corporate culture. Lots of room to improve in terms of IT support and processes. The company is improving all the time.
Pros
Benefits and great management
Reliance Home Comfort
Customer service rep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
Great place to work from home. Very flexible and your able to work whenever you want. Pay is good. Its a nice and fun place to work. Staff and customers are great
Great job, just not a lot of on the job training to do your job properly and learn there processes properly.
Commercial Sales Executive-New Sales (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 January 2017
My typical day consisted of taking the leads of new customers and going out to their business to see what was needed for there HVAC application. I also starting the process of sizing up the building for what there needs were and setting up a contractor site visit to get excess costs of the job and submitting a rental quote and also a purchase quote of the equipment that was needed. What I learned was that I bring a quality of customer service second to none, that I also have the skills to close most of my sales calls as I do love working with different people and getting the customer what they need at any given time. The management team at Reliance were very friendly but they did not offer me training that was needed to sucessfully do my job properly, my co-workers were very helpful in helping me in anyway they could when they had the time to do so. The hardest part of my job was setting up the site visits with the sub contractors that Reliance used, there were a few times when the contractor could not make it to a site for a couple of days and this made it very hard to get the customer a rental/purchase rate for them in a timely fashion. There were also very late nights that we ended up working due to the nature of the business as most of our customers were running a business and needed to know these rates before proceeding with the contract. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting with new people and helping them resolve their HVAC issues and getting them back to worrying about their business and not their heating issue.
Pros
Free lunches, Good people, Great benefits
Cons
Late hours, No training and a lot of travelling
Great company but buckle up
home comfort advisor (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON6 January 2017
Reliance is a great company, it is full commission with leads provided as they are a marketing behemoth.

Pay is great but be prepared to work up to 75hrs per week.
Seasonal so also prepare for that.

Management culture.....don't be fooled. You will be whipped and beaten into submission because of the fact you are provided leads and are paid on them,.

Has been infiltrated by other company culture at the branch level. If you have a manager that is new to the industry get ready to be taught all about their 'old job' and not your current role.

It's a 'my way or the highway' culture....in other words its outdated.
Pros
money
Cons
read my review
N/a
Customer service rep (Current Employee) –  From home27 December 2016
Flexible, great while in school, work from the comfort of your home, a chat room for help, a web page with all the info you would need to work this job.
Poor work environment
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 November 2016
Looking at reports.
Co-workers are in it for themselves.
Direct reports just want to do a good job.
Management are only concerned about how many boxes left the warehouse.
Being in the field were very enjoyable.
Pros
Free Pizza
Cons
Not able to do what needs to be done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval