RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

RELIANCE HOME COMFORT Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Opportunities for High School Grads and Friends and Family
Sales (Former Employee), OntarioFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: decent pay, great peers, most managers considerate with employee personal issues
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities, experience/education not valued, lack of trust with management
Pros - This company offers employees a decent pay and benefits. Branch committees established to provide "fun days" to increase employee morale. Fantastic supporter of United Way. Wonderful peers. Great opportunities for high school grads and friends and family of Reliance. Great technical training. Management compassionate with employees when dealing with personal family issues. Cons - Inadequate sales training. Management will promote friends and family without experience/education. "Peter principle" a part of this culture. Good for people being promoted because they will try to find them another lateral job and then another lateral job to keep them employed. Many of my peers who left years before me complained about lack of opportunities and working for people who could not do their jobs. They felt being educated and or experienced was a negative when applying for internal opportunities. If you are looking for a job not a career this is a great company. If you have experience and/or education apply to "fast track" positions or the job you want. Advancements can take a decade due to their hiring managers. On a negative note I personally caught managers and HR in numerous lies which left me with little confidence in what was told to me as an employee. Overall the company provides a good living but needs to improve on promoting their talent.
Good working enviroment and encouragement to advance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 25, 2012
Pros: unionized envirorment
Cons: had time limit for every call
I have worked at Reliance for over 12 years.
My typical day would be, answering phones and answer any questions with requard to billing. Set up service orders and sales. This is a hvac company. There was many aspects of my job that intailed me making fast and accurant dicisions. I had to learn to think fast on the phones and rely on my vast working kowledge of the company.I learned so much with requard to hvac equipment and account aspects. My co-workers were great. We were like a fanmily. Leaving was the hardest part. The most enjoyable was helping the customer find the best solution to what ever the problems were. For example. A customer called in for service on her furnace. There were no opening untill the next day. This would of meant she would been without heat over night and it was minus 30 outside. I called my sup and had her a heater within the hour. This I was very happy with as she was a senior and lved alone. I had to go outside the box to get the answer.
Good casual environment, location and fun co workers
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 28, 2013
Afternoon shift starts off a little slow, as the day continues customers call in at a peak time between 5pm and until about 8pm then it's quiet.

I learned a lot about dealing with a variety of customers and used my patience along with a friendly demeanour and the days went smoothly

In dealing with supervisors their was always someone there if you had a problem or issue whether personal or professional

My co workers were a good mix, I remain friends outside of a professional environment with those who have that same attitude as myself (help others as you would want to be), Could not be any better!

The most enjoyable part of the day knowing you helped everyone no matter what the issue, whether appreciated by the customer or not, you still made a difference.
call center for accounts receivable
C.S.R for A/R (Former Employee), toronto, ontarioNovember 5, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: managers
Working in a call center for A.C to customers who own money to the company for hot water heaters. Not always an easy task but non the less co workers make it a great atmosphere. Mangers on the other hand do not care about their employees they work with and assume that the workers they do work with has to figure out all the problems because they do not what to give their time. I find a high turn over rate for this company for this reason. also they base time off and earlier work hours based on "preformance" but I think they favor some over others therefore if you do not get along with them your stuck working every weekend and nights. So if you do have a family its hard to spend any time with them.
A fun place to work with great culture and excellent growth opportunities
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 11, 2014
Pros: compensation, weekly catered lunches, happy hours, young energetic atmosphere, growth opportunities
Cons: job security
• Accountable for selling Reliance’s home comfort products and maintenance plans. Sent Quotation on sales and followed up on Performa invoices and payments.
• Responsible for setting and exceeding monthly and yearly sales objective, provision of competitive information and regular sales forecasts.
• Provided effective and timely resolution of a range of customer inquiries. Build customer satisfaction and loyalty and completed ongoing training to stay abreast of product, service and policy changes.
Productive and fun place to work
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, OntApril 28, 2015
Pros: Monthly incentives for reaching targt goals such as, big screen tv's, sport tickets, dinner voutures
Cons: Shift Changes on a quarterly basis
A typical day at work would include answering customer's inquiries and processing credit card payments, open and close accts. Perform changes due to customer's name, address.
I've learned about the company's values and principle.
My co workers were pleasant to work with and helpful. We were all like a close family.
The hardest part of my job was having to leave due to maternity leave.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to assist in customer's inquiries and performing with the best of my knowledge.
Dedicated to service Customers in the Gas Industry
Quality Audit Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJuly 8, 2012
Pros: travel, training
Cons: long hours
Loved my job, working with truly experienced and gifted gas technicians and installers. Learned how to install and service furnaces, hot water tanks and air conditioners. A typical day would be to meet up with a internal technician or contract that was pre-planned weeks in advance. Document how, what and who were service. How well the job was performed and any parts of the servicing that may require retraining or upgrading. Complete reports and send off to technician's managers. Document statistics for monthly reports to Executives. Most enjoyable part of the would be assisting with customer angst.
Job was easy after experience.
Repair and Installation Tech (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 28, 2012
Pros: 4 days on-3 days off-able to self organize jobs and route. good pay
Cons: lack of feedback, no company inventory of parts
Service and installation of all types of Domestic hot water heaters. I needed to manage and organize my time and insure I had adeqate parts to complete repairs as I was the weekend person when major wholesale suppliers were closed. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers who had been without hot water for days at a time when the repair was very simple. The management was not helpfull at all with the exception of 1 individual.
cross training provided: training for customer service and sales constantly upgrading to a professional standard
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Toronto head officeFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: ability to be promoted
Cons: sometimes mundane work projects
I appreciated the training provided at Reliance from a Call center agent to being a lead in team building and being recognized as a top performer. Extra projects were given to me because mgmt recognized a creative approach to my sales presentation. As well , promotion within to eventually become an outside Reliance Home Comfort advisor in heating and cooling was also opened to me, which I gladly recieved.
Very de-motivating, negative and disfunctional
Home Comfort Advisor (Former Employee), WindsorAugust 31, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: Everything
In the HVAC Sales position, they feed only the top producer and the top producer is only the top producer because she is fed.
Sales manager is terrible. No communication between departments.
Do not plan on making any money. It's 100% commission and no compansation for gas or mileage. You drive to appointments made by call center in TO, and no one is home when you arrive or they are not expecting a quote they think you are there for service.
Stable but Old-School Mentality
Analyst / Admin (Current Employee), North York, ONJuly 19, 2015
If you're looking for a reasonable payscale and a comfortable every day job - this company may be for you. The pay is alright and the benefits are great but the chances for growth or movement are absolutely nil. The company prefers to hire externally for every opening and does little to nurture growth.

The company will be here and need staff for a good long time. It's stable - but not very rewarding.
Good salary/benefits, Bad management. No growth.
Product Manager (Current Employee), TorontoNovember 18, 2014
Pros: salary/benefits.
Cons: no growth, too much politics, seniors execs don't care about their employees.
I worked with some amazing colleagues but the upper management is really bad. Tons of politics and don't expect growth. You will be stuck in the same position for years. So if you are looking to grow your career, learn and make more money then Reliance is not a place to be.
nice place to work
Corporate Sales Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2015
work monday-friday and learned how to sell hvac units with savings chart and also this was a huge company but you felt like it was not and the hardest part was implementing a stable structure but as time elapsed a proper structure was put in place. the most enjoyable part was that you the opportunity to be able to work and get your work with out some one watching you at all times
Excellent Review
Customer Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 13, 2012
Pros: good pay and good benefits
Cons: difficult to advance in the call center
Reliance works on a solid foundation of providing customer service. The focus of doing the right thing for the customer makes me confident to say that I believed in the integrity of this company. The company has grown and expanded at a steady rate that allowed fairly smooth transitions.
Challenging and Productive Place to Work
Rental Inside Sale Advisor (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: The customer and people i have to work with
Cons: Some long hours
I have improved upon my skills in sales. knowing what a customer need from what its is they wants plays a big roll in my success.
The hardest part of my job is not been able to work outside the perimeters of my company's policy to retain and or prevent an escalated concern.
Reliance Home Comfort
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONOctober 10, 2015
Taking inbound calls from customers about Hot Water tank services and billing, bank repossessions. Learned things can change on a daily basis
Management were great to work for
Loved working with all my co-workers still friends with all even after i left the company
the most enjoyable was my co-workers great team they have
Productive work place
Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 18, 2014
I ran daily incentives for the sales agents. Provided side to side coaching.I learned to be adaptable when dealing with different personalities. The most difficult part of the job was navigating inter- departmental politics. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the sales team fired up for a productive day.
Traditional work culture.
Workforce Planning Business Analyst (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONAugust 31, 2015
Provided research analysis and reports to the Workforce Planning and Operations team of 500 employees. This includes working with internal clients to develop research tools, assist with deliverables to ensure budget and technician productivity KPI’s are met.
No work/life balance
Home Comfort Advisor (Former Employee), Brantford, ONDecember 16, 2014
Potential to make good money but don't be fooled by a dream. No work/life balance, no car or phone allowance. Sales Manager wasn't trained and it was a joke. In-home consultations were fun but travelling on your dime isn't. I wouldn't recommend this job unless you want to take a big risk.
Friendly work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: Employee appreciation shown through lunches provided by company
Management and co-workers were nice and friendly, although there have been many changes as I've heard since I left the company. It is also a competitive workplace as it is to do with sales.