RELIANCE HOME COMFORT Employee Reviews

Worst Place I've ever worked
Home Comfort Advisor (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON20 May 2017
Very poor management focused only on the sale and their "numbers". Extremely long work hours and too much travel with no compensation. Very stressful with management calling or emailing many times a day to see what you're "doing" and how many "wins" you have(micromanaging). Initial training is excellent but no follow-up. If you have a problem with a customer etc. , you're pretty much on your own. Unrealistic expectations and sometimes driving 2 hours out of your assigned territory just for a "quote". Very high pressure job and no time off with the 7 days a week, 10 am-10 pm work day. No work life balance.
Pros
Good pay, expenses covered
Cons
Long hours, high pressure management, stressful, no support
Fast paced. Friendly environment
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  cambridge10 May 2017
I loved everything about my job , friendly environment, I learned alot about working with customers and dealing with upset customers and about water heaters and other equipment.
Political and manipulative. Can make good money
Technician (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON9 May 2017
Techs sre incentivized to CREATE LEADS and repairs are frowned upon. Management punishes techs by taking away vehicle privileges and pushing them on water heater replacement duties. like the Sales side the model for employment is young people for one year....a drive them hard and let them go quickly.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Destroys Families
Company
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North York, ON3 May 2017
The company is attempting to make improvements, however, they are not quick to move on decisions on improvements. Their is a need to identify improvements and quickly implement these processes.
Terrible Place
Home Comfort Advisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 April 2017
The worst place to work ever. They are terrible to their employees. Other sales people harrass the new sales people and nothing is done. The few sales people that have been there for a while are so greedy.
Pros
Non
Ok company to work for
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON5 April 2017
Pay was decent. The benefits are good and they have the option to contribute to RRSP. Did not pay in accordance with your licence. A gas fitter two was making the same as a gas fitter one.
Productive and Collaborative work evironment
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2017
Fantastic atmosphere, create people and very good corporate culture. Lots of room to improve in terms of IT support and processes. The company is improving all the time.
Pros
Benefits and great management
Reliance Home Comfort
Customer service rep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
Great place to work from home. Very flexible and your able to work whenever you want. Pay is good. Its a nice and fun place to work. Staff and customers are great
Great job, just not a lot of on the job training to do your job properly and learn there processes properly.
Commercial Sales Executive-New Sales (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 January 2017
My typical day consisted of taking the leads of new customers and going out to their business to see what was needed for there HVAC application. I also starting the process of sizing up the building for what there needs were and setting up a contractor site visit to get excess costs of the job and submitting a rental quote and also a purchase quote of the equipment that was needed. What I learned was that I bring a quality of customer service second to none, that I also have the skills to close most of my sales calls as I do love working with different people and getting the customer what they need at any given time. The management team at Reliance were very friendly but they did not offer me training that was needed to sucessfully do my job properly, my co-workers were very helpful in helping me in anyway they could when they had the time to do so. The hardest part of my job was setting up the site visits with the sub contractors that Reliance used, there were a few times when the contractor could not make it to a site for a couple of days and this made it very hard to get the customer a rental/purchase rate for them in a timely fashion. There were also very late nights that we ended up working due to the nature of the business as most of our customers were running a business and needed to know these rates before proceeding with the contract. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting with new people and helping them resolve their HVAC issues and getting them back to worrying about their business and not their heating issue.
Pros
Free lunches, Good people, Great benefits
Cons
Late hours, No training and a lot of travelling
Great company but buckle up
home comfort advisor (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON6 January 2017
Reliance is a great company, it is full commission with leads provided as they are a marketing behemoth.

Pay is great but be prepared to work up to 75hrs per week.
Seasonal so also prepare for that.

Management culture.....don't be fooled. You will be whipped and beaten into submission because of the fact you are provided leads and are paid on them,.

Has been infiltrated by other company culture at the branch level. If you have a manager that is new to the industry get ready to be taught all about their 'old job' and not your current role.

It's a 'my way or the highway' culture....in other words its outdated.
Pros
money
Cons
read my review
N/a
Customer service rep (Current Employee) –  From home27 December 2016
Flexible, great while in school, work from the comfort of your home, a chat room for help, a web page with all the info you would need to work this job.
Poor work environment
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 November 2016
Looking at reports.
Co-workers are in it for themselves.
Direct reports just want to do a good job.
Management are only concerned about how many boxes left the warehouse.
Being in the field were very enjoyable.
Pros
Free Pizza
Cons
Not able to do what needs to be done.
Not a destination of choice for many
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON31 October 2016
What this company espouses to its perspective employees vs the reality of the work culture is worlds apart. A ridiculous turn style approach for middle management as far as job security. There are training opportunities but the office culture is toxic and predatory.

Worklife balance is non existent. 14-15 hr days.

Management direction was inconsistent. Often directives were in direct opposition to one another.

Office admin staff were friendly, helpful and generally terrific people. Fellow managers were morally reprehensible. Spoke ill of their team and often meeting conversations ended up with a focus on terminating the lowest hanging fruit.

Business ethics of the company were questionable. Very hard to be an ambassador when one doesn't agree with how the company processes affect its customers.

Most rewarding part of the job was resolving customer issues with care and dedication as well as follow up. Developing the team in positive ways and seeing the improvement was gratifying.
Pros
Bonus structure was generous
Cons
Long hours, intimidation tactics for motivating employees, poor office management culture
Enjoyable work place with great sales motivation and benefits.
Inbound Sales Rep/ Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2016
- Handling inbound inquiries for HVAC equipment and booking in home consultations with experts.
- How to over come customer objections, building rapport with customers, and exceptional customer service skills.
- Team work environment great co-workers
Pros
Many sales incentives.
Cons
shift bidding
Inside Sales Representitive is very misleading. It is the retention department; Angry, volatile, verbally abusive customers 90% of the time.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 October 2016
The only selling in this position is upselling. Title very misleading. No time for family. Department Management is amazing-some supervisors very choosy; Favorites are clear and given special treatment, better shifts etc. Not allotted enough time to properly deal with customer issues and concerns. Reliance is getting too big too fast; Swallowing up smaller companies but not being fully prepared to deal with ramifications of poor contracts or agreements from said companies.
Pros
Amazing co workers, Pay is not horrible but nothing to write home about.
Cons
Work first-Family second. 9/10 angry customers.
working at reliance
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2016
While working at reliance..it was great except when the client had issues and you cannot work you don't get paid for the time that you spend with tech...took too long to help it's CSR's not a lot of respect from the other areas of reliance...would not work for them again unless getting paid for my time spent with tech especially when its a client issue
Pros
work from home
Cons
dont get paid when its the clients issues
Great company. Tons of growth
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 October 2016
Hard work is recognized with plenty of advancements. Training options. The latest tools and technology. Working with a great team and great upper management. Fast paced and always a new challenge presented everyday.
Pros
Growth
Cons
very productive and learning atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 June 2016
I was in Billing and Service for 11 years and during the first 2 years I did many jobs in the call center. I was in accounts receivable, Sales and mail departments.
A typical day would be billing and service. explaining the bill and adjusting on line with customer when needed. Available for aprox. 30 calls per hour. We had maximum of 5 minutes to completed the call. Notes also had to be done online. In Service we had to set up Service Calls for Furnices and A/C and Hot Water Tanks. We had to also think outside the box and be prepared to answer all requests and questions for both Billing and Service.
I also sold Service Protection Plans on every call. I was usually top sales and top calls for the month.
Pros
benefits plus plus a 3 week holiday
Cons
Not many. However, the odd time I had to work midnights to morning if the other call Centers were do
Reliance
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON12 June 2016
Virtual call centre environment...Wonderful working from home, able to choose your hours, great co-workers.

Able to use all your skills in assisting customers with various issues.
Great workplace with many learning opportunities
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  North York, ON9 June 2016
A great place to learn with a friendly and healthy work culture. Department is relatively new so many opportunities exist, but knowing where and how to start can be challenging.
Pros
Flexible work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9