RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

RELIANCE HOME COMFORT Employee Reviews in Canada

Stable but Old-School Mentality
Analyst / Admin (Current Employee) –  North York, ONJuly 19, 2015
If you're looking for a reasonable payscale and a comfortable every day job - this company may be for you. The pay is alright and the benefits are great but the chances for growth or movement are absolutely nil. The company prefers to hire externally for every opening and does little to nurture growth.

The company will be here and need staff for a good long time. It's stable - but not very rewarding.
Good Beginner Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2016
This job is really good for someone who wants a completely flexible schedule but also isnt looking to work 40 hours a week. The pay is good but be prepared to give up 10 percent of it to your IBO. Also the three week training is a bit much IMO.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough hours.
Challenging and Productive Place to Work
Rental Inside Sale Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJanuary 4, 2016
I have improved upon my skills in sales. knowing what a customer need from what its is they wants plays a big roll in my success.
The hardest part of my job is not been able to work outside the perimeters of my company's policy to retain and or prevent an escalated concern.
Pros
The customer and people i have to work with
Cons
Some long hours
Friendly work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Management and co-workers were nice and friendly, although there have been many changes as I've heard since I left the company. It is also a competitive workplace as it is to do with sales.
Pros
Employee appreciation shown through lunches provided by company
Great Staff
Inbound Customer Service & Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  North York, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Great work environment, fast paced and fun, excellent staff and management. Very helpful towards new and existing customers across canada.
Good
BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 2, 2016
Most management are in touch with the business, they empower employees to achieve goals. Good team spirit on my team , with co-workers that assist when needed
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Benefits could be better
A fun place to work with great culture and excellent growth opportunities
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 11, 2014
• Accountable for selling Reliance’s home comfort products and maintenance plans. Sent Quotation on sales and followed up on Performa invoices and payments.
• Responsible for setting and exceeding monthly and yearly sales objective, provision of competitive information and regular sales forecasts.
• Provided effective and timely resolution of a range of customer inquiries. Build customer satisfaction and loyalty and completed ongoing training to stay abreast of product, service and policy changes.
Pros
compensation, weekly catered lunches, happy hours, young energetic atmosphere, growth opportunities
Cons
job security
Good salary/benefits, Bad management. No growth.
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  TorontoNovember 18, 2014
I worked with some amazing colleagues but the upper management is really bad. Tons of politics and don't expect growth. You will be stuck in the same position for years. So if you are looking to grow your career, learn and make more money then Reliance is not a place to be.
Pros
salary/benefits.
Cons
no growth, too much politics, seniors execs don't care about their employees.
Reliance Home Comfort
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONOctober 10, 2015
Taking inbound calls from customers about Hot Water tank services and billing, bank repossessions. Learned things can change on a daily basis
Management were great to work for
Loved working with all my co-workers still friends with all even after i left the company
the most enjoyable was my co-workers great team they have
Good Company
Senior HVAC Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONOctober 2, 2015
Support from management, flexible
A lot of over time work
always opportunities to grow within the company if you are willing to relocate
Very de-motivating, negative and disfunctional
Home Comfort Advisor (Former Employee) –  WindsorAugust 31, 2015
In the HVAC Sales position, they feed only the top producer and the top producer is only the top producer because she is fed.
Sales manager is terrible. No communication between departments.
Do not plan on making any money. It's 100% commission and no compansation for gas or mileage. You drive to appointments made by call center in TO, and no one is home when you arrive or they are not expecting a quote they think you are there for service.
Pros
NONE
Good Environment
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 30, 2015
Shifts are decent but hard to get mornings if you weren\t offered it before you start on the floor. Pay is decent at $12/hr plus commission.
Pros
Good People, Comfortable To Work, Decent Commission
Cons
Schedule, Hourly Pay Is Decent
Positive and uplifting environment
sales specialist (Current Employee) –  2 lansing SqAugust 28, 2015
It is a wonderful place to work in! Management is immaculate! The coworkers are like family. Everyone looks out for each other.
Traditional work culture.
Workforce Planning Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONAugust 31, 2015
Provided research analysis and reports to the Workforce Planning and Operations team of 500 employees. This includes working with internal clients to develop research tools, assist with deliverables to ensure budget and technician productivity KPI’s are met.
Excellent Review
Customer Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 13, 2012
Reliance works on a solid foundation of providing customer service. The focus of doing the right thing for the customer makes me confident to say that I believed in the integrity of this company. The company has grown and expanded at a steady rate that allowed fairly smooth transitions.
Pros
good pay and good benefits
Cons
difficult to advance in the call center
Productive and fun place to work
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntApril 28, 2015
A typical day at work would include answering customer's inquiries and processing credit card payments, open and close accts. Perform changes due to customer's name, address.
I've learned about the company's values and principle.
My co workers were pleasant to work with and helpful. We were all like a close family.
The hardest part of my job was having to leave due to maternity leave.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to assist in customer's inquiries and performing with the best of my knowledge.
Pros
Monthly incentives for reaching targt goals such as, big screen tv's, sport tickets, dinner voutures
Cons
Shift Changes on a quarterly basis
Great Opportunities for High School Grads and Friends and Family
Sales (Former Employee) –  OntarioFebruary 18, 2014
Pros - This company offers employees a decent pay and benefits. Branch committees established to provide "fun days" to increase employee morale. Fantastic supporter of United Way. Wonderful peers. Great opportunities for high school grads and friends and family of Reliance. Great technical training. Management compassionate with employees when dealing with personal family issues. Cons - Inadequate sales training. Management will promote friends and family without experience/education. "Peter principle" a part of this culture. Good for people being promoted because they will try to find them another lateral job and then another lateral job to keep them employed. Many of my peers who left years before me complained about lack of opportunities and working for people who could not do their jobs. They felt being educated and or experienced was a negative when applying for internal opportunities. If you are looking for a job not a career this is a great company. If you have experience and/or education apply to "fast track" positions or the job you want. Advancements can take a decade due to their hiring managers. On a negative note I personally caught managers and HR in numerous lies which left me with little confidence in what was told to me as an employee. Overall the company provides a good living but needs to improve on promoting their talent.
Pros
decent pay, great peers, most managers considerate with employee personal issues
Cons
lack of advancement opportunities, experience/education not valued, lack of trust with management
Toxic environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  All locationMarch 13, 2015
Reliance has no respect for work/life balance.

The executive management team has no connection to what is actually happening in the market place.

This company will feed you all kind of lies. Be Very Careful.
Dedicated to service Customers in the Gas Industry
Quality Audit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJuly 8, 2012
Loved my job, working with truly experienced and gifted gas technicians and installers. Learned how to install and service furnaces, hot water tanks and air conditioners. A typical day would be to meet up with a internal technician or contract that was pre-planned weeks in advance. Document how, what and who were service. How well the job was performed and any parts of the servicing that may require retraining or upgrading. Complete reports and send off to technician's managers. Document statistics for monthly reports to Executives. Most enjoyable part of the would be assisting with customer angst.
Pros
travel, training
Productive work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 18, 2014
I ran daily incentives for the sales agents. Provided side to side coaching.I learned to be adaptable when dealing with different personalities. The most difficult part of the job was navigating inter- departmental politics. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the sales team fired up for a productive day.