Job Type: Part-time
Reliable Movers a Ottawa based moving company looking for a reliable, professional and motivated individual to join the team immediately as an administrative assistant. The candidate will be closely working and assisting the owner with day to day activities.
- Answering phones and emails and taking messages
- Providing estimates and general information to the vendors and clients
- Setting up appointments for the owner.
- Preparing letters, invoices, quotes and such as requested
- Collecting payments
- Assisting with data entry
- Providing basic office support like scanning, filing, faxing and such as necessary
- Going to field sites on behalf of the owner to provide quotes and bids
- Keeping office premises organized, clean and presentable
- Running errands as needed
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong knowledge in basic bookkeeping, Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Presentation.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and use independent judgement
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have the ability to pay attention to details and maintain a high level of accuracy
- Must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to be flexible.
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university
- Pervious experience in a moving company environment is strongly preferred.
- Must have a G driver's licence
- Must be willing to go to contract sites to give quotes.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must provide a security clearance check
- Must be bilingual: English and French
Pay: We offer competitive salary
Hours: 25 hours per week; Monday to Friday
This is a three month contract position and there is a possibility of becoming permanent.
To apply for this position, please submit a your resume to Harini Parameswaran with the subject header Administrative Assistant.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all candidates in advance. Only candidates who meet our requirements will be contacted. Thank you.