Releash the Hounds is a rapidly expanding pet service business based in the Oshawa-Courtice-Bowmanville area. We are currently seeking a part-time Animal Care Attendant who is self-motivated, dependable and trustworthy. Minimum commitment of one year. We offer a competitive wage and a fantastic working environment.
The Animal Care Attendant will be required primarily Monday to Friday. Qualified applicant must have valid driver's license, own vehicle and no criminal record.
The Animal Care Attendant will be responsible for the duties:
- Provide basic animal care
- Provide off-leash exercise to dogs (up to 6 in a group) for 1 hour
- Transport dogs to and from owner’s home and dog park
- Provide one-on-one on-leash exercise for increments of 15 minutes, 30 minutes or 1 hour
- Ensure dogs have adequate food and water supply after walks
- Tidy dogs before returning to owner
- Record time spent with the dogs
- Communicate daily updates and concerns to pet owner and supervisor
- Record vehicle mileage
- Client consultation as required, may occasionally require a short amount of time on an evening or weekend
- Previous experience or education in related field
- Able to work independently and with minimum supervision
- Genuine concern and interest in the well being of animals
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situation
- Ability to lift 100lbs
- Ability to manage physically demanding job
- Pet First Aid is an asset
Releash the Hounds is a rapidly expanding pet service business based in the Oshawa-Courtice-Bowmanville area.