Reitmans Fashion Group

Reitmans Fashion Group Employee Reviews in Canada

The Discount is great... the environment not so much.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABNovember 25, 2015
The employee discount you receive is amazing, but that is really the only highlight of the job. You are constantly overworked by your managers, who rarely do their job and the majority of customers who come into the store are rude and treat you like a slave.

You can have flexible hours, they are really good with that as well, however, be prepared to be forced to work certain days and holidays like Black Friday and Boxing Day. Plus if you actually do your job, you will get the crappiest hours as well. You will get the longest shifts just because you perform better than the other employees.

Not to mention there is an extreme amount of favouritism that goes on. People who have worked in the same job for 8 or more years and do less work than someone who has been there for less than a year and who actually does their job, and then some, often get favoured.
Pros
50% off employee discount
Cons
Long hours, poor work environment
Amazing Company
Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  South Edmonton CommonSeptember 24, 2015
Amazing company to work for. As a Senior sales manager I am responsible for my own store, training and developing talent within our store, as well as within the district. I have become a strong store manager working for Reitmans and they have given my the opportunity to grow within the company. One thing I love about this company is that they take talent within and promote growth and development. The best thing I enjoy is that I am able to recruit train and develop and help with all of these things within the District, as a store manager, training manager and Visual Facilitator.
Pros
Good work life balance, great discount
Cons
None that I can think of
Good
SALES CLERK (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABMarch 29, 2016
Customer service. Greeting customers and running them through the cashier. Met new people. Cleaned. Closing the shop.
Fun and exciting!
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Best company I've worked for in years?! My team is amazing! something new everyday...and great clients. Don't plan on leaving
Great headoffice communication
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  MontrealOctober 14, 2015
I love the company that I am currently employed with.
Sadly, there have been some in store changes that were out of my control and have created an uncomfortable working situation.
Cons
long hours, inexperienced management
clean , friendly enviorment
Sales person (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QCNovember 6, 2015
clean and friendly environment, position is very pleasurable since there's not a very big demand,very quiet and there is team participation during holidays
Pros
discount card
Cons
not enough hours
Great Learning Experience
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 20, 2015
Working at Reitmans has given me the chance to utilize my leadership skills by leading a team of sales clerks. As well, I was given the responsibility of opening and closing the store.
daily work day
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  bramptonJuly 18, 2015
a typical day at work for me as an assistant manager would involve coming in to the store and counting the cash for the registers in the morning. then after making sure the store looked neat from the night before ...put back any left over try on clothes that were left on the rack and mop the floors .
i learned a whole lot of responsibility from this position that i held since i was the only person in management handling the store for a couple of months. my co workers were great associates who would always work hard to sell the merchandise.
the hardest part of this job was that i had all the pressure for the store on my shoulders.
the most enjoyable part of this job was that i got up every morning to dress to impress and i could make my own schedule.
Pros
half off on all the merchandise in store
great workplace environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 3, 2015
store was very untidy and un organized
lack of mandatory supply's like hangers and cleaning supply's
very friendly environment
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
unorganized
Fun yet doesn't pay the bills
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 24, 2015
Loved the people I worked with, however they demand the most effort for minimum wage, and gave only $0.20 of a raise after 1 year. Might as well depend on the government to raise the min wage rather than work here. Also i started getting 3 hrs/week after xmas, and while yes this is the slow season that can't even pay for my gas.
group of turtlles
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 4, 2015
company full of lazy and extremly foolish workers they want money with out doing any job they wanna play on thier cell phone , texting in every corner and behind shelves and chit chat all day
it is all due to loose and irresponsible management.
Good Company
Assisant Manager (Current Employee) –  Leduc AbMay 27, 2015
I have worked for the company off and on for a few years, since coming back I have noticed huge changes that are affecting how the customer service is delivered. No task hours causing all tasking and customer service needing to be done with few hours makes it hard to give the customer the proper experience while shopping.
Pros
flexable
Cons
few hours, small staff
horrible place to work
fashion associate (Current Employee) –  GTAJuly 12, 2015
not only are the women full of gossip, but the upper management has no sympathy for any of the women working there.
there are no hours and they are still hiring.
I would not recommend working here, unless you want to work your butt off and get 0 recognition
Mixed feelings
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 22, 2016
I worked for the company for almost two years. In that time I had three managers. The first was a bit nasty at times but accommodating for hours and scheduling. The second was strict and knew how to do her job well. She did her best to accommodate the scheduling for the girls. The third was a passive aggressive, full on aggressive bully. My first night closing with her, after almost two years of closing, she said " your paperwork makes my heart hurt" and didn't give any other feedback, just walked away. I put up with her nonsense for about a week and then gave my two weeks. She didn't schedule me for the last week at all. She put little notes all over the back room, went in lockers, emptied out the fridge of people's personal lunch bags, water bottles, etc. I had to fish through a garbage bag to find my things. She spoke do loudly it sounded as if she was constantly yelling, to the point where a customer asked her to stop yelling at her. She looked the customer as though she had three heads.

But before her, I loves working with my coworkers. They are friendly, helpful and always there with a hug and a smile. I loved being able to use the discount at the sister stores. I loved the experiences I gained with different types of customers. One thing I know for sure, Reitman's trains their employees really well. I've learned a lot about working with others and about myself.

I would have stayed if not for being bullied.
Pros
50% discount, including sister stores, experience.
Cons
Some managers can be bullies. Stand up for yourself.
Fun workplace with with great hardworking and effiecient employees
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONtarioApril 7, 2015
Reitmans is a very good company to work in. The employees and employers are hard-working and nice people. My co workers are positive and strive for the goals given that day. I usually close the store since I am a keyholder. I learned a lot in this position, it build up my confidence level.
Pros
Good shift hours, good employees
Cons
Not good pay
productive workplace with many learning opportunities
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMarch 1, 2015
During my time at Reitmans I learned many valuable customer service skills and well as how to deal with customers at the cash register when dealing with transactions. I learned to work at a fast and efficient pace. During my time there I also learned the importance of organization and the need to do everything to your best ability.
Pros
the people i worked with
Cons
cost of the clothing
Great teams, and customers
Fashion associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville and Kingston, OntarioMay 13, 2015
Working for Reitman's was great and I really enjoyed it, however the demographic is hard to relate and sell to because I am young and older women are still coming in to shop.
Pros
chistmas bakings, staff parties
Cons
3 hour shifts, 2 shifts a week
Reitmans is a great place to work.
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Saint John NBJanuary 20, 2015
A typical day at work, is to refresh all around our store. make our customers feel comfortable, work cash, work in fitting rooms or clean. I have learned to get to know the people buying stuff from you and it makes it a lot easier. My management is amazing, she is very kind, helpful, outgoing, and works around your schedule. My co-workers are great and I get along with everybody very easily there. The hardest part about the job is havening to fix other peoples mistakes from other stores or from our coworkers before us. The most enjoyable part is making the woman happy and make them feel beautiful and seeing how confident the woman are.
Pros
getting along with everybody easily.
Cons
angry customers for somebody elses mistake.
A fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NSMarch 6, 2015
I was the Assistant Manager; I assisted in the day to day operations of the store. I was responsible for opening and closing and helped to manage a small staff. I merchandised and assisted customer as well as dealt with customer issues. I did deposits and ordered supplies.
it was not what i signed up for
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  AncasterNovember 6, 2014
I was the in-store visual merchandiser for the women's apparel store, Reitmans. I do all placement of merchandise on the sales floor according to a visual directive and place all marketing,
using a marketing guide. I do all displays and mannequin dressings. All seasonal set ups and dress
the store for holidays and special promotions. I do all the shipping and receiving of stock and supplies.
I adjust all the lighting and make the selling floor as appealing and attractive as possible! I manage the
backroom, keeping all over-stock, marketing, shelving, and supplies in a neat and organized manner.
I have trained staff on visual techniques and procedures, and much more!
gain.
Pros
i was the only merchandiser in my store.
Cons
it wasn't the type of position that i was used to.

2.9