Reitmans Fashion Group Employee Reviews

Great
Fashion associate (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON8 May 2017
the environment was very good. I didn't feel left out or bored! I didn't know a lot bout fashion so it was kinda hard for me to accomplish certain tasks! hours along with shifts got cut a lot since the store was hardly ever busy
very busy enviroment,
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON2 May 2017
very busy, blackout periods with vacations, hard work life balance.
Visual setups every other weekend. Very excelent growth opportunities within company.
Great working environment
Fashion Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC, Canada1 May 2017
I learnt a lot about fashion. I helped customers find the right kind of clothes and i loved when i could bring a smile on their faces. I loved it when they left the store satisfied. This was the best part about my job and also that i got to work with wonderful people who taught me a lot.
Fast paced environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC12 April 2017
You need to learn to be adaptable, be a team player, have good conflict resolution and be a self motivator. You will work alone for short periods of time but mostly work in a team setting. Manager can be abrassive.
Very unorganized
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 March 2017
Training wasn't well planned out. District manager was self centred and unappreciative unless she needed something from you. They expect full time availability from part time employees basically. Don't give out enough hours to regular employees. Everyone's really snobby. Clothes aren't made the best and aren't really in style, nor do they fit well. The NEW stuff since summer 2016 is terrible. Clothing is made too big so I can't even get my size without ordering online therefore not getting my employee discount. Just not the best company. But it could be
Good Management team
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2017
Good management team

good hours

culture is always recognize

helping customer making decisions always make me happy

I can't recall ever having a hard time at this job all employees get along

The hardest part of this job is when a customer doesn't complete her sale because there is no item to fit her in the store that she like

Making a big sale for the day is one of the most enjoyable time for me
Pros
manager is great
Cons
short hours
Productive workplace and always keeps you on your toes with different promotions.
Fashion Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 March 2017
Make sure the store is clean for customers s it is easy for them to shop. Management is always friendly and willing you work with you and give advice. The most enjoyable part of the job is you get regular customers that are very friendly and customers that always have a story to tell.
Energetic workplace, outgoing co-workers, positive environment
Fashion Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 March 2017
Working at Reitmans was a very good experience for me. All of my co-workers were super outgoing and friendly, I always had a helping hand if need be. Also the customer interaction made my day, being able to help older woman, and give them my opinions on their outfit choices was almost rewarding.
Pros
Bonuses, Friendly co-workers
Cons
Able to close down, not promised another job at different location
Productive and fun work place
Warehouse clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 March 2017
Management will motivate you to polish your skills and give you the training and chance to work on different area of responsibilities that might suit you and become more rewarding to the company and most especially for you.
Pros
autonomie
Cons
Weekends working hours sometimes required
Nice
Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 February 2017
I like the people I work with, the store always has something new, there's something there for everybody. We have amazing discounts. You might not get many hours, but is a nice place to work at.
It was nice while it lasted
Temporary Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NL9 February 2017
The job was only temporary and everything was really fast paced while I was there and I enjoyed the people there. The job was a nice learning experience and I now know more about retail then I did before and how to reel in customers better. You really have to be able to multitask and have a level head when in this type of job, after all one moment you could be just folding some pants and only have 2 costumers just looking around and the next moment BAM! You got 7 costumers asking you questions, wanting a change room, or even just complaining on how the store doesn't have the right style for them. Meanwhile there's more costumers coming in the store. BUT! it is rewarding in its own sense and when that rush ends and you finish with that last person it feels so nice,
Pros
Nice people, Great discount on clothes
Cons
a little stressful at times, hours can be long depending on the shif and the day
(Weekend shift) Unproductive, depressing slave labour
Stock Processor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 January 2017
Typical day involves walking around all day with a scanner, loafing around, chatting with co-workers, and setting your own breaks. While this might sound great, keep in mind that youre often doing the same mundane repetitive task for most of the (9 hour) shift, with not much appreciation for when you do put in hard work. The hours are extremely stable , overtime and extra shifts are literally always offered... If your legs and mind can withstand the pain. Up until January 2017, there was a crazy supervisor with anger management issues that would berate and literally insult employees over the slightest of errors... But as of this writing, better management has taken over.
Word of advice: If you're a college or university student, stay here for ~4 months while searching for another job, any longer and you will get comfortable with the stability and lose your weekends, along with your sanity.
Pros
Stable paycheck, easy to get days off, co-workers
Cons
Long hours, non-existent weekends, management cuts corners for benefits, extremely mundane, non-stimulating and repetitive work
working
Team Leader / Key Holder/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 January 2017
the company is amazing to work for ! the people are all great. they get everyone involved. They have promotions that change day to day. always keeping up with the competition around us ! i woul recommend working at reitmans to anyone!
Pros
people i work with
Cons
my feet hurt the floors are so hard
Poor upper management and little respect for staff.
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC5 January 2017
Many good people left due to the treatment (disrespectful) by a former District Sales Manager.
Extremely unfair remuneration practices. Little advancement; inequitable pay scale.
Productive and fun work place.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 January 2017
Reitmans has a great work environment. I consider myself lucky to have had at opportunity to work within such a dynamic company. I continue to look for new challenges for personal growth.
Great hours for students
Stock Processor (Former Employee) –  Montreal West, QC15 December 2016
Permanent work and flexible hours for students. Easy going and stress free job. Job consist of mainly moving stock around and processing orders.
Great enviroment to work
Technical Illustrator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 December 2016
I loved it. Very Professional, I would work there again if I had too. I worked in the Penningtons dept. so,I could only speak on that. But the whold company in all was great
good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 December 2016
it was good had good bosses. coworkers were good friendly people. i like the day to day interactions with customer. i dressed ctv news anchors and the liked me
Fun staff, happy environment
Fashion Consultant (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB18 November 2016
a typical day at work would be dealing with customers, doing stock, inventory, replenishing, fashion consulting, se ups and take downs of advertising set ups.
Reitman's great place to work.
TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB23 October 2016
Reitmans is a good company to work for the benefits are fantastic.
The hours are not bad. Staff was awesome. Management is good.
The training they provide for staff is very good. they company also provides bonuses. You get paid vacation for full time staff. Paid sick days as well.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
salary could be better