Reitmans Fashion Group

Reitmans Fashion Group Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work
Shift Leader - Part Time (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ON.February 11, 2014
Pros: friendly and fun working atmosphere
A typical day at work involves helping customers find what they are looking for, up selling and cross selling if what they really want is not available at that moment. The management is a set of very friendly and driven professionals and my co-workers were the best part of my job; they were friendly, helpful and we always worked as a team when needed. The most challenging part was helping customers with very unique style preferences; but I have learnt that by being an attentive listener, you can provide even the hardest customers something that they might like, eventually.
Fashion Group
Sales associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: discount on clothes (employees)
Cons: not enough hours in slow months
Always meet new people that come in to the shop& find out what type of work they do, to see what they acquire for their job & every day wear as well . A typical work day is about 6 hrs sometimes if busy or if it's not it's usually a shorter shift for some people& for others it's a longer shift. I have met a lot of co-working while i have been there, and have stayed friends with them as well outside of the company. The most enjoyable part of the job , is that you get to see the clothes before the customers have a chance to look at it& purchase as well.
It was a nice place to work at
Import Co-ordinator (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: store discount
It was a friendly and enjoyable place to work, Had no problems with the job I was doing and enjoyed every aspect of my job.

I worked well under pressure and had no problems meeting deadline
Too much expected from employees with no recognition
SALES ASSOCIATE and TEAM LEAD (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJanuary 11, 2014
Was expected to do a job but not be paid for it. The management wasn't really available to help and expected a lot from the employees without giving any positive feedback. We only heard negative comments.
Part time job
Sales associate (Former Employee), toronto,onJanuary 10, 2014
The job gave me a chance to work in a high traffic mall. I enjoyed the staff i worked with.
canadian womens fashion retailer
Visual Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee), hamilton ontarioDecember 23, 2013
Pros: full time employees get benefits
Cons: working evenings, weekends and holidays
the job is mostly customer service with supervisor responsibilities. I was able to focus on my leadership skills and work with a nice group of people
Pleasant work environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 28, 2013
An excellent environment to work with a varied team, new management, repeat and new clients. It's a very fast-paced store and there is always something to keep you busy. Well established company and brand. The surroundings are great for someone with a love of fashion which is very important. You have to believe in the concept that the customer is always right and enjoy helping people. The majority of the customers are pleasant to deal with but you also have to occasionally deal with more difficult and demanding customers. The customer comes first and you are constantly trained on how to please the customer and therefore increase sales. Customer service is a big emphasis in the daily routine as well as transactions and maintenance of the stores appearance. I have learned how to deal with many changes, personalities and the business side of fashion retail.
ideal company to work and grow with...not to stay with
Store Manager (Former Employee), ONOctober 30, 2013
Pros: generous employee discounts across all banners
Cons: unreachable expectations
Retail is constantly changing to keep up and often the changes and expectations do not relate. Fashion associates and store management are expected to deliver world class customer service and are expected to do this with less hours, twice as much work and expectations too high to reach. Pennington's would be wise to remember who the customer sees and works with every day to help them succeed.
Great company
Assistante Administrative Opérations de magasins (Former Employee), Montreal, QcOctober 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches, parties
Cons: hard work
Great company and management. Well structyred and managed.
Good part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: good staff, good location, 50% clothing discount
Cons: part time with very minimal hours
A typical day at Reitmans consisted of assisting customers with finding clothing items they were looking for and building off that item to create an outfit. Example; a customer is looking for dress pants and maybe a shirt for an interview. I would show her our dress pants find out what style and cut she is looking for then move on to colour and pattern. Once we found pants she loves I would show her some dress shirts, cardigans, blazers and blouses to find out what style she is most comfortable in for an interview. Once we have determined a style I would help her find a colour that pops so she will stand out of the crowd and accessories to finish off the look.

When the store wasn't too busy I would unpack stock and put it out on the floor, create displays from our plan-o-gram and clean the store.

The staff at the store was a lot of fun to work with the managers were a blast we actually had game night once a month with the staff.

The thing I liked best about Reitmans was the clothing and my discount, we received 50% off everything in store. I also loved helping the customer find and awesome outfit and feel good about herself. The one thing I didn't like about the company was the hours I was hired as part time but I never really got any hours. I would go in for a 5 hour shift and they would tell me its not busy enough go home after 3 hours, i would get called constantly telling me my shift was cancelled because we weren't busy enough.
Great learning experience
Sales Team Leader (Former Employee), Leader, SKAugust 9, 2013
The team I worked with, all got along good. We all worked together as a team.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCJune 14, 2013
This a fun, fast paced work environment. I thoroughly enjoy the women I work with, and helping customers find fashionable ensembles.
Very well structured and corporate workplace
Special Projects Coordinator (Store Planning dept (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJune 12, 2013
Pros: great work schedule and work life balance
Cons: many stores
Well established company with great family values and work environment.
Fun, positive work environment
Fashion Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 27, 2013
Pros: professionam respectful work environment
I started at Reitmans as my first retail position and had the opportunity to learn about customer service, stock, and housekeeping. I was able to build a solid foundation to later be in charge of to visual merchandising strategies and ongoing visual setups for a store in Mississauga.

The hardest part of the job is the time management that is necessary to fulfill all the the requirements for an amazing visual store. However, overcoming this is a huge victory and one that I am constantly working toward.
Would have stayed forever if they paid more.
Customer service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 23, 2013
Pros: 50% off clothing
Cons: low pay
Great team, and a fun environment.. Just can't live on the wages they pay. If they had better pay I never would have left.
A great place to start a new career and grow. Wonderful people to meet and work with.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 9, 2013
I started at Reitmans as a part time employee while finishing school. I hadn't thought about the retail industry as a place to make a career. Over the years I learned many valuable skills for customer service, financials, loss prevention, health and safety guidelines, and management.
My co-workers ranged greatly in age, and backgrounds, making the work environment out to be fun. My manager was very professional, involved, and taught me a great deal, that would later further me in my career.
The hardest part of the job for me is probably passing duties onto others. I'm very hands on when working and sometimes I might try and take too much on myself (which is very easy since there is always tons to do!) The best parts of my job would be the people I get to meet and help on a daily basis and...there's always tons to do! Definitely not a job for anyone who gets "bored" easily.
Fashion trend really inspired me, learned a lot of new ways to put together outfits. learned how to multitask.
Cashier & Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 6, 2013
Pros: yes, we had free meals when we had meetings and celebrations
Cons: yes, weekends and evenings.
Greeting customers and providing them product knowledge was day to day challenge because we had different types of materials and fabrics. Sometimes handling difficult customers and dealing with issues such a returning the product with out the receipts or bring it after the expiry date of the receipts was bit challenging. I learn to be poised and calm in difficult situations. I really enjoyed visual merchandising, the hardest part of the job was when we had to setup the store walls according to the floor plan. I loved the new products that came into the store daily. We had a great team and I learned to share the responsibilities. Our management team was very co-operative and understanding. I always looked forwarding to going to work.
PROMOTION FROM WITHIN
Retail Manager (Former Employee), Leamington, ONApril 11, 2013
Pros: gained a lot of experience in hr management
Cons: not having enough autonomy for specific target needs
GREAT TEAM ENVIRONMENT,ENJOYED MY BOSS--SHE WAS A LEADER WHO PRACTICED WHAT SHE PREACHED AND REALLY BELIEVED THAT EVERYONE COULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE GIVEN THE RIGHT TRAINING & SUPPORT, NOT HAVING THE RIGHT PRODUCT TO MEET OUR CUSTOMERS NEEDS AT TIMES WAS NOT ONLY CHALLENGING BUT PROVED TO BE A DETRIMENT TO OUR BUSINESS. I LEARNED HOW TO MEET THESE CHALLENGES AND TO PROVIDE THE COMPANY WITH ADDITIONAL CUSTOMER INFORMATION SO THEY COULD MAKE INFORMED DECISIONS WHEN ALLOCATING PRODUCT: IN ESSENCE I LEARNED TO ADVOCATE FOR MY CUSTOMERS AND MY TEAM. I ENJOYED MY TIME WITH THIS COMPANY
Fantastic Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 28, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers and management, staff discount
Cons: short hours
I have worked so many places and am so glad I had the pleasure to work at Reitmans.
The managment is fantastic. I know it was not just my store because I helped at other stores on off days. They were kind and caring but yet remained in control. I have epilepsy and it's really hard to find managment and co-workers that understand and they did. It was like a little family.
No matter how busy it got there was always help. The hardest part of my job was telling my little Reitmans family that I was moving.
A dynamic and challenging job
Réceptionniste (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecMarch 5, 2013
The work load was heavy at this job, but the work was challenging and fun.

About Reitmans Fashion Group

Reitmans, Limited is a Canadian retailing company, specializing in women's clothing, that was founded in 1926 by Herman and Sarah – Read more