Reitmans Fashion Group

Reitmans Fashion Group Employee Reviews in Canada

MULTI STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONJuly 17, 2016
Fast pace retail environment, to bad they are restructuring and people are loosing their jobs,

Co=workers are great, lots of support form other managers
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBApril 19, 2016
I only worked their part-time. I would get off from Home Hardware and then go work their. I also worked the weekends so I was very busy. I enjoyed working with the girls and the customers very much. It was a good place to work.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
I had to give it up to much work.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJuly 5, 2016
I enjoyed working here. The people were friendly, it was a pleasant place to work. I would have worked here longer if it wasn't for family issues.
Safe environment and very organized environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, ONMay 9, 2016
It was a great opportunity working at Reitmans. It was a safe environment and was organized in neatly fashion. It was not too hectic and there was a lot of friendly faces.
Great place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Laval, QCJune 19, 2016
Reitmans is a very cleaned and organized place to work. There are always friendly. The hardest part of the job is accommodating everyone.
Mixed feelings
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 22, 2016
I worked for the company for almost two years. In that time I had three managers. The first was a bit nasty at times but accommodating for hours and scheduling. The second was strict and knew how to do her job well. She did her best to accommodate the scheduling for the girls. The third was a passive aggressive, full on aggressive bully. My first night closing with her, after almost two years of closing, she said " your paperwork makes my heart hurt" and didn't give any other feedback, just walked away. I put up with her nonsense for about a week and then gave my two weeks. She didn't schedule me for the last week at all. She put little notes all over the back room, went in lockers, emptied out the fridge of people's personal lunch bags, water bottles, etc. I had to fish through a garbage bag to find my things. She spoke do loudly it sounded as if she was constantly yelling, to the point where a customer asked her to stop yelling at her. She looked the customer as though she had three heads.

But before her, I loves working with my coworkers. They are friendly, helpful and always there with a hug and a smile. I loved being able to use the discount at the sister stores. I loved the experiences I gained with different types of customers. One thing I know for sure, Reitman's trains their employees really well. I've learned a lot about working with others and about myself.

I would have stayed if not for being bullied.
Pros
50% discount, including sister stores, experience.
Cons
Some managers can be bullies. Stand up for yourself.
Amazing Job
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
Amazing helpful outgoing co workers
Amazing experience as a stock associate, cashier, and a sales associate!
Working in this company gave me a whole load of experience, and it was a good experience. Company taught me to become successful, you need to be dedicated responsible and a hard worker!
Fun yet doesn't pay the bills
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 24, 2015
Loved the people I worked with, however they demand the most effort for minimum wage, and gave only $0.20 of a raise after 1 year. Might as well depend on the government to raise the min wage rather than work here. Also i started getting 3 hrs/week after xmas, and while yes this is the slow season that can't even pay for my gas.
Good
SALES CLERK (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABMarch 29, 2016
Customer service. Greeting customers and running them through the cashier. Met new people. Cleaned. Closing the shop.
Fun and exciting!
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Best company I've worked for in years?! My team is amazing! something new everyday...and great clients. Don't plan on leaving
A great place to start a new career and grow. Wonderful people to meet and work with.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 9, 2013
I started at Reitmans as a part time employee while finishing school. I hadn't thought about the retail industry as a place to make a career. Over the years I learned many valuable skills for customer service, financials, loss prevention, health and safety guidelines, and management.
My co-workers ranged greatly in age, and backgrounds, making the work environment out to be fun. My manager was very professional, involved, and taught me a great deal, that would later further me in my career.
The hardest part of the job for me is probably passing duties onto others. I'm very hands on when working and sometimes I might try and take too much on myself (which is very easy since there is always tons to do!) The best parts of my job would be the people I get to meet and help on a daily basis and...there's always tons to do! Definitely not a job for anyone who gets "bored" easily.
Challenging work place
Visual Merchandiser/Product Management (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCSeptember 8, 2014
I have met some great people with many talents that have taught me great values. Overall, this company was a challenge to work for because it did not have any training programs, I saw many co workers that had potential to be great if they had the appropriate training. Turn over rate was terrible, simply because the management teams did not value staff and demanded to much from everyone, creating a stressful environment that was hard to succeed in.
Pros
great people
Cons
no training for employees, no oppurtunities fro advancement
Reitmans Canada Limited
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 12, 2015
people were nice to work with, place was well maintained for the most part, everyone knew what they had to do with daily tasks, and creating a rapport with customers were the most important part of the job besides reaching a the target. This is a fast paced environment, that gives people with a thrill for fashion and flair in their wardrobe a place to thrive. Management was always very efficient and thorough and it was about being part of a team as a unit not individual gain.
I learned the clothes don't wear you but you wear the clothes which gives a person a sense of confidence. Also learn good communication skills and how to be good at knowing people's tells.
Hardest part of the job well everyday is hard in it's own way depending on what the day is like. Most enjoyable is the friendly atmosphere and camaraderie that came with team spirit. Helping people try on clothes and giving them a wardrobe they loved to wear again and again was my most favourite part of my job.
Pros
fast paced, good client basis, and good management team
Cons
sometimes the hours were not enough.
group of turtlles
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 4, 2015
company full of lazy and extremly foolish workers they want money with out doing any job they wanna play on thier cell phone , texting in every corner and behind shelves and chit chat all day
it is all due to loose and irresponsible management.
Reitmans is a great place to work.
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Saint John NBJanuary 20, 2015
A typical day at work, is to refresh all around our store. make our customers feel comfortable, work cash, work in fitting rooms or clean. I have learned to get to know the people buying stuff from you and it makes it a lot easier. My management is amazing, she is very kind, helpful, outgoing, and works around your schedule. My co-workers are great and I get along with everybody very easily there. The hardest part about the job is havening to fix other peoples mistakes from other stores or from our coworkers before us. The most enjoyable part is making the woman happy and make them feel beautiful and seeing how confident the woman are.
Pros
getting along with everybody easily.
Cons
angry customers for somebody elses mistake.
horrible place to work
fashion associate (Current Employee) –  GTAJuly 12, 2015
not only are the women full of gossip, but the upper management has no sympathy for any of the women working there.
there are no hours and they are still hiring.
I would not recommend working here, unless you want to work your butt off and get 0 recognition
clean , friendly enviorment
Sales person (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QCNovember 6, 2015
clean and friendly environment, position is very pleasurable since there's not a very big demand,very quiet and there is team participation during holidays
Pros
discount card
Cons
not enough hours
Underappreciated by upper management, reactive decision making, lack of respect given to staff and unrealistic objectives.
Management (Former Employee) –  GTASeptember 10, 2014
Typical day of work consisted of providing attentive customer service and getting treated with a lack of respect by customers.
Pros
good discount
Cons
unrealistic expectations, lack of work/life balance, upper management is unreliable at best
great workplace environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 3, 2015
store was very untidy and un organized
lack of mandatory supply's like hangers and cleaning supply's
very friendly environment
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
unorganized
it was not what i signed up for
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  AncasterNovember 6, 2014
I was the in-store visual merchandiser for the women's apparel store, Reitmans. I do all placement of merchandise on the sales floor according to a visual directive and place all marketing,
using a marketing guide. I do all displays and mannequin dressings. All seasonal set ups and dress
the store for holidays and special promotions. I do all the shipping and receiving of stock and supplies.
I adjust all the lighting and make the selling floor as appealing and attractive as possible! I manage the
backroom, keeping all over-stock, marketing, shelving, and supplies in a neat and organized manner.
I have trained staff on visual techniques and procedures, and much more!
gain.
Pros
i was the only merchandiser in my store.
Cons
it wasn't the type of position that i was used to.

Reitmans Fashion Group Reviews by Location