Reitmans Fashion Group Employee Reviews

Fun, upbeat environmnent
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 April 2016
-Typical day at work was a busy, yet fun day. Lot's of interaction with different customers of all ages ranging from 15-80.
-Learned people management and social interaction. Customer sales representative with experience in all fields in the store.
-Easily managed store, managers were easy to get along with and easy to reach out to if any problems occured.
-I got along well with all of the co-workers in store and in the 4 years being there, I never ran into any conflict with anyone.
-Hardest part of the job was going into a new position, learning new tasks, but happily accepted the challenge and caught on quickly.
-Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with new and different people every single day. You got to a point where you would have your daily or weekly regulars whom you got to build a relationship with and get to know on a more personal level.
Awful Company
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2016
Abusive management (who was finally let go after the majority of employees at our location had already quit). No value for employees, you're treated like a body to fill a space. No concern for financial stability of employees after switching to a new "smart" automated scheduling system that spits out 3 hour shifts.
Pros
Cons
No stability in hours, abusive management, minimal pay
Good
SALES CLERK (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB29 March 2016
Customer service. Greeting customers and running them through the cashier. Met new people. Cleaned. Closing the shop.
Fun and Productive
Assistant Manager and Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 March 2016
Was a fun place to work with the staff. Management was absent most of the time due to personal issues or vacation time which left assistant manager and team lead to deal with the daily managerial tasks with no training provided for specific roles.
Pros
Staff and Clients
Cons
Management absent
Amazing Job
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2016
Amazing helpful outgoing co workers
Amazing experience as a stock associate, cashier, and a sales associate!
Working in this company gave me a whole load of experience, and it was a good experience. Company taught me to become successful, you need to be dedicated responsible and a hard worker!
Very lively work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 February 2016
It is a very fast-paced company to work for. You have to be able to think quickly on your feet and stay current with fashion trends. Every day you get to look fabulous in their clothing, because you are the live model for the clientele. In my time with the company, I have worked with some fantastic and dynamic women who work hard every day to ensure the clients feel uplifted and beautiful when making their fashion choices, as well as doing their utmost to maintain sales targets. All in all, if you enjoy fashion, warm-hearted people and a fast-paced work environment, you'll find it with this company!
Pros
Great team to work with, flexible hours
Cons
Hours are cut based on missed sales targets
Fun and exciting!
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON27 January 2016
Best company I've worked for in years?! My team is amazing! something new everyday...and great clients. Don't plan on leaving
gossips and bullies
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2016
Terrible place to work, they treat their employees according to favoritism. Very low wages for a heavy work load which is monitored with unreasonable time lines. Due to the stress imparted by management I suffered several physical injuries, left work everyday with severe headaches. Very little support from highly critical management who gossip openly in front of other employees about workers private lives and personal problems. Wages never increase but work load does. District managers made me walk in my bare feet around dangerous props so as to not scuff displays, ladders are always used without supervision and health and safety standards are never upheld. Do not work here
Cons
low wages, emotional bullies, slave drivers
Great 'first job' company
MERCHANDISE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 December 2015
A great company to work for when entering the fashion industry. The people have been working there for many years which shows employee loyalty and satisfaction. There is room for growth within the different cooperate departments and fashion banners.
Pros
benefits, half day Friday's all year long
The Discount is great... the environment not so much.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB25 November 2015
The employee discount you receive is amazing, but that is really the only highlight of the job. You are constantly overworked by your managers, who rarely do their job and the majority of customers who come into the store are rude and treat you like a slave.

You can have flexible hours, they are really good with that as well, however, be prepared to be forced to work certain days and holidays like Black Friday and Boxing Day. Plus if you actually do your job, you will get the crappiest hours as well. You will get the longest shifts just because you perform better than the other employees.

Not to mention there is an extreme amount of favouritism that goes on. People who have worked in the same job for 8 or more years and do less work than someone who has been there for less than a year and who actually does their job, and then some, often get favoured.
Pros
50% off employee discount
Cons
Long hours, poor work environment
clean , friendly enviorment
Sales person (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC6 November 2015
clean and friendly environment, position is very pleasurable since there's not a very big demand,very quiet and there is team participation during holidays
Pros
discount card
Cons
not enough hours
great workplace environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 November 2015
store was very untidy and un organized
lack of mandatory supply's like hangers and cleaning supply's
very friendly environment
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
unorganized
Great Learning Experience
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 October 2015
Working at Reitmans has given me the chance to utilize my leadership skills by leading a team of sales clerks. As well, I was given the responsibility of opening and closing the store.
Adequate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON17 October 2015
A lot of work for little pay and recognition for the work you do put in. No matter how many hours I worked or how hard I tried to meet quotas, merchandise etc, it was never good enough. A company that started small, and treated everyone with respect has grown into an oversized corporate monster with little or no respect for employees. Their refund policy forced employees to practically interrogate the customer regarding the reason for returning the merchandise. I will not suggest employment at this company to anyone.
Pros
Christmas Eve off.
Cons
Long hours, little pay
Great headoffice communication
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Montreal14 October 2015
I love the company that I am currently employed with.
Sadly, there have been some in store changes that were out of my control and have created an uncomfortable working situation.
Cons
long hours, inexperienced management
Amazing Company
Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  South Edmonton Common24 September 2015
Amazing company to work for. As a Senior sales manager I am responsible for my own store, training and developing talent within our store, as well as within the district. I have become a strong store manager working for Reitmans and they have given my the opportunity to grow within the company. One thing I love about this company is that they take talent within and promote growth and development. The best thing I enjoy is that I am able to recruit train and develop and help with all of these things within the District, as a store manager, training manager and Visual Facilitator.
Pros
Good work life balance, great discount
Cons
None that I can think of
group of turtlles
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 August 2015
company full of lazy and extremly foolish workers they want money with out doing any job they wanna play on thier cell phone , texting in every corner and behind shelves and chit chat all day
it is all due to loose and irresponsible management.
daily work day
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  brampton18 July 2015
a typical day at work for me as an assistant manager would involve coming in to the store and counting the cash for the registers in the morning. then after making sure the store looked neat from the night before ...put back any left over try on clothes that were left on the rack and mop the floors .
i learned a whole lot of responsibility from this position that i held since i was the only person in management handling the store for a couple of months. my co workers were great associates who would always work hard to sell the merchandise.
the hardest part of this job was that i had all the pressure for the store on my shoulders.
the most enjoyable part of this job was that i got up every morning to dress to impress and i could make my own schedule.
Pros
half off on all the merchandise in store
horrible place to work
fashion associate (Current Employee) –  GTA12 July 2015
not only are the women full of gossip, but the upper management has no sympathy for any of the women working there.
there are no hours and they are still hiring.
I would not recommend working here, unless you want to work your butt off and get 0 recognition
Fun yet doesn't pay the bills
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 June 2015
Loved the people I worked with, however they demand the most effort for minimum wage, and gave only $0.20 of a raise after 1 year. Might as well depend on the government to raise the min wage rather than work here. Also i started getting 3 hrs/week after xmas, and while yes this is the slow season that can't even pay for my gas.

Reitmans Fashion Group Reviews by Location