Reitmans Fashion Group

Reitmans Fashion Group Employee Reviews

warm and fuzzy enviroment with great leaders that provide enthusiasm and knowledge
SalLES ASSOCIATE AND CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 8, 2014
sizing, pricing clothing
Greeting customers
Bringing stock from backroom for replenshipmentè
Assisting customers with wardrobing needs
Building repeat customers with amazing customer service
cashier duties
assisting customers with sizes and add ons in the changeroom
changing signage,price points,new event
reporting to assistant manager
manitaing sales quotas
meeting and exceeding weekly targets
Pros
excellent team, scheudled breaks
Cons
not enough hours
Fantastic Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 28, 2013
I have worked so many places and am so glad I had the pleasure to work at Reitmans.
The managment is fantastic. I know it was not just my store because I helped at other stores on off days. They were kind and caring but yet remained in control. I have epilepsy and it's really hard to find managment and co-workers that understand and they did. It was like a little family.
No matter how busy it got there was always help. The hardest part of my job was telling my little Reitmans family that I was moving.
Pros
friendly co-workers and management, staff discount
Cons
short hours
Adequate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONOctober 17, 2015
A lot of work for little pay and recognition for the work you do put in. No matter how many hours I worked or how hard I tried to meet quotas, merchandise etc, it was never good enough. A company that started small, and treated everyone with respect has grown into an oversized corporate monster with little or no respect for employees. Their refund policy forced employees to practically interrogate the customer regarding the reason for returning the merchandise. I will not suggest employment at this company to anyone.
Pros
Christmas Eve off.
Cons
Long hours, little pay
Sales Team Lead
Sales Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 3, 2012
I enjoyed my time at Reitmans. I enjoyed working with people, whether it be with my colleagues, or with customers that walk through the door on a daily basis. I always had to keep my mind one step ahead of the customer, to anticipate what she would be thinking and see if there is anything that I could do to break down or to solve the customer's problems.

On a typical day, I would:
- Handle cash
- Customer Service
- Maintained inventory, both on the floor and in the back room
- Training of new and old employees with new materials brought to everyone's attention
ideal company to work and grow with...not to stay with
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  ONOctober 30, 2013
Retail is constantly changing to keep up and often the changes and expectations do not relate. Fashion associates and store management are expected to deliver world class customer service and are expected to do this with less hours, twice as much work and expectations too high to reach. Pennington's would be wise to remember who the customer sees and works with every day to help them succeed.
Pros
generous employee discounts across all banners
Cons
unreachable expectations
Friendly workplace to be in
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ONMarch 28, 2014
The ladies that I work with at Reitmans are some of the kindest to the funniest ladies I have ever met. They all have families of their own and love working with each other. They all keep a balanced life style and make time for other things. They always help me on what I need to know about the store on to what's new and how it is fitting to our customers so far. I need to know what our customer is looking for but isn't sometimes what I find is what they are looking for.
Pros
good people
Cons
short hours
Positive Plus-Sized Fashions to Help Love Your Body
Sales Associate - Addition-Elle & Penningtons (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON and Red Deer, ABNovember 19, 2012
With excellent coaching toward self and sales improvement as well as a positive, fast-paced work environment, this has been my favourite retail position over many occasions. (I often took summer jobs while in College and seasonal periods.) Helping women find the wardrobe that expresses themselves is definitely the most rewarding part of this role.
Pros
excellent discount on clothing
Cons
not a living wage
productive workplace with many learning opportunities
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMarch 1, 2015
During my time at Reitmans I learned many valuable customer service skills and well as how to deal with customers at the cash register when dealing with transactions. I learned to work at a fast and efficient pace. During my time there I also learned the importance of organization and the need to do everything to your best ability.
Pros
the people i worked with
Cons
cost of the clothing
A Productive place to work with...
ASSISTANT MANAGER for THYME MATERNITY (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 26, 2012
I was able to use all my experience and education and skills like training, development & coaching, doing performance reviews for employees, payroll, solving complex customer services issues, supervise the employees to enusre the company standards are maintained in the areas of customer service, operations, visual merchandise and human resources.
Fun workplace with with great hardworking and effiecient employees
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONtarioApril 7, 2015
Reitmans is a very good company to work in. The employees and employers are hard-working and nice people. My co workers are positive and strive for the goals given that day. I usually close the store since I am a keyholder. I learned a lot in this position, it build up my confidence level.
Pros
Good shift hours, good employees
Cons
Not good pay
Good Company
Assisant Manager (Current Employee) –  Leduc AbMay 27, 2015
I have worked for the company off and on for a few years, since coming back I have noticed huge changes that are affecting how the customer service is delivered. No task hours causing all tasking and customer service needing to be done with few hours makes it hard to give the customer the proper experience while shopping.
Pros
flexable
Cons
few hours, small staff
Underappreciated by upper management, reactive decision making, lack of respect given to staff and unrealistic objectives.
Management (Former Employee) –  GTASeptember 10, 2014
Typical day of work consisted of providing attentive customer service and getting treated with a lack of respect by customers.
Pros
good discount
Cons
unrealistic expectations, lack of work/life balance, upper management is unreliable at best
Fun yet doesn't pay the bills
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 24, 2015
Loved the people I worked with, however they demand the most effort for minimum wage, and gave only $0.20 of a raise after 1 year. Might as well depend on the government to raise the min wage rather than work here. Also i started getting 3 hrs/week after xmas, and while yes this is the slow season that can't even pay for my gas.
Fun job meeting new clients hourly
Manager/Assitant Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEAugust 27, 2012
Selling clothes to those who came in to the location, meeting goals set out, coaching staff how to achieve goals, and recruiting new staff. The long hours standing on a concert floor were hard on the legs but having the coworkers I had made up for the sore legs.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
standing long hours
Great 'first job' company
MERCHANDISE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 7, 2015
A great company to work for when entering the fashion industry. The people have been working there for many years which shows employee loyalty and satisfaction. There is room for growth within the different cooperate departments and fashion banners.
Pros
benefits, half day Friday's all year long
Sales Associate--Meet daily target, provide customer service, cashier, merchandising/stocking
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St CatharinesDecember 6, 2012
Currently, I am working at Reitmans, Canada’s largest female specialty retailer, as a sales associate. My goal is to meet daily sales target and to use my human resource knowledge to help understand what customers want and need.
Great discount - management needs some correction
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leduc AlbertaAugust 19, 2014
Loved working at Reitmans for the first manager and loved the crew there but then the work environment started to change. The upper management might like to take note that 7 people quit in a month and usually that is an indication there is something wrong.
a productive and fun workplace
Fashion Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 18, 2014
No job is ever perfect, but at Reitmans I thoroughly enjoyed working with the co-workers. There was room for growth and learning and eventually career growth. My only issue was the hours. There was not enough for anyone.
Pros
discounts
Cons
shifts were random and far apart.
A fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NSMarch 6, 2015
I was the Assistant Manager; I assisted in the day to day operations of the store. I was responsible for opening and closing and helped to manage a small staff. I merchandised and assisted customer as well as dealt with customer issues. I did deposits and ordered supplies.
Great People to work with, Great Customers to serve.
Fashion Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 14, 2014
I enjoyed working at Reitmans very much, I couldn't get enough hours to continue working there. I worked 11 hrs a week some weeks, but I know with retail there are spurts of busy times and not so busy times, which effects our hours.