Reitmans Fashion Group

Reitmans Fashion Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great learning experience
Sales Team Leader (Former Employee), Leader, SKAugust 9, 2013
The team I worked with, all got along good. We all worked together as a team.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCJune 14, 2013
This a fun, fast paced work environment. I thoroughly enjoy the women I work with, and helping customers find fashionable ensembles.
Very well structured and corporate workplace
Special Projects Coordinator (Store Planning dept (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJune 12, 2013
Pros: great work schedule and work life balance
Cons: many stores
Well established company with great family values and work environment.
Fun, positive work environment
Fashion Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 27, 2013
Pros: professionam respectful work environment
I started at Reitmans as my first retail position and had the opportunity to learn about customer service, stock, and housekeeping. I was able to build a solid foundation to later be in charge of to visual merchandising strategies and ongoing visual setups for a store in Mississauga.

The hardest part of the job is the time management that is necessary – more... to fulfill all the the requirements for an amazing visual store. However, overcoming this is a huge victory and one that I am constantly working toward. – less
Would have stayed forever if they paid more.
Customer service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 23, 2013
Pros: 50% off clothing
Cons: low pay
Great team, and a fun environment.. Just can't live on the wages they pay. If they had better pay I never would have left.
Fashion trend really inspired me, learned a lot of new ways to put together outfits. learned how to multitask.
Cashier & Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 6, 2013
Pros: yes, we had free meals when we had meetings and celebrations
Cons: yes, weekends and evenings.
Greeting customers and providing them product knowledge was day to day challenge because we had different types of materials and fabrics. Sometimes handling difficult customers and dealing with issues such a returning the product with out the receipts or bring it after the expiry date of the receipts was bit challenging. I learn to be poised and calm – more... in difficult situations. I really enjoyed visual merchandising, the hardest part of the job was when we had to setup the store walls according to the floor plan. I loved the new products that came into the store daily. We had a great team and I learned to share the responsibilities. Our management team was very co-operative and understanding. I always looked forwarding to going to work. – less
PROMOTION FROM WITHIN
Retail Manager (Former Employee), Leamington, ONApril 11, 2013
Pros: gained a lot of experience in hr management
Cons: not having enough autonomy for specific target needs
GREAT TEAM ENVIRONMENT,ENJOYED MY BOSS--SHE WAS A LEADER WHO PRACTICED WHAT SHE PREACHED AND REALLY BELIEVED THAT EVERYONE COULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE GIVEN THE RIGHT TRAINING & SUPPORT, NOT HAVING THE RIGHT PRODUCT TO MEET OUR CUSTOMERS NEEDS AT TIMES WAS NOT ONLY CHALLENGING BUT PROVED TO BE A DETRIMENT TO OUR BUSINESS. I LEARNED HOW TO MEET THESE CHALLENGES – more... AND TO PROVIDE THE COMPANY WITH ADDITIONAL CUSTOMER INFORMATION SO THEY COULD MAKE INFORMED DECISIONS WHEN ALLOCATING PRODUCT: IN ESSENCE I LEARNED TO ADVOCATE FOR MY CUSTOMERS AND MY TEAM. I ENJOYED MY TIME WITH THIS COMPANY – less
Fantastic Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 28, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers and management, staff discount
Cons: short hours
I have worked so many places and am so glad I had the pleasure to work at Reitmans.
The managment is fantastic. I know it was not just my store because I helped at other stores on off days. They were kind and caring but yet remained in control. I have epilepsy and it's really hard to find managment and co-workers that understand and they did. It was – more... like a little family.
No matter how busy it got there was always help. The hardest part of my job was telling my little Reitmans family that I was moving. – less
A dynamic and challenging job
Réceptionniste (Current Employee), Montreal, QuebecMarch 5, 2013
The work load was heavy at this job, but the work was challenging and fun.
Sales Associate--Meet daily target, provide customer service, cashier, merchandising/stocking
Sales Associate (Current Employee), St CatharinesDecember 6, 2012
Currently, I am working at Reitmans, Canada’s largest female specialty retailer, as a sales associate. My goal is to meet daily sales target and to use my human resource knowledge to help understand what customers want and need.
Positive Plus-Sized Fashions to Help Love Your Body
Sales Associate - Addition-Elle & Penningtons (Former Employee), Toronto, ON and Red Deer, ABNovember 19, 2012
Pros: excellent discount on clothing
Cons: not a living wage
With excellent coaching toward self and sales improvement as well as a positive, fast-paced work environment, this has been my favourite retail position over many occasions. (I often took summer jobs while in College and seasonal periods.) Helping women find the wardrobe that expresses themselves is definitely the most rewarding part of this role.
Fun job meeting new clients hourly
Manager/Assitant Manager (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEAugust 27, 2012
Pros: coworkers
Cons: standing long hours
Selling clothes to those who came in to the location, meeting goals set out, coaching staff how to achieve goals, and recruiting new staff. The long hours standing on a concert floor were hard on the legs but having the coworkers I had made up for the sore legs.
great work environment, fun atmosphere
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Langley, BCAugust 7, 2012
Pros: 50% clothing discount
Cons: young inexperienced staff members
A typical day at work consited of me basically being a girlfriend to our customers and enhancing their shopping experience by making valuable suggestions to their purchase considerations and showing the customer how to complete their wardrobe with Reitmans products. I had fabulous co-workers who made my work day enjoyable. The hardest part of the job – more... was ensuring that we hit our daily sales targets. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and creating repeat business through key relationships with our clientele. – less
Part time
Sales associate (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJuly 18, 2012
Pros: enjoyed working in the fashion and sales. working with the public.
Cons: temporary
I was helping them out during a time when i was setting up my business in a new location.
Sales Team Lead
Sales Team Lead (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 3, 2012
I enjoyed my time at Reitmans. I enjoyed working with people, whether it be with my colleagues, or with customers that walk through the door on a daily basis. I always had to keep my mind one step ahead of the customer, to anticipate what she would be thinking and see if there is anything that I could do to break down or to solve the customer's problems.

On – more... a typical day, I would:
- Handle cash
- Customer Service
- Maintained inventory, both on the floor and in the back room
- Training of new and old employees with new materials brought to everyone's attention – less
Enjoyable work setting
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONApril 12, 2012
Working at Smart Set was a lot of fun. I met a lot of great people, had fun with fashion, and learned tones about the industry. I loved working for Reitmans
A Productive place to work with...
ASSISTANT MANAGER for THYME MATERNITY (Current Employee), Regina, SKMarch 26, 2012
I was able to use all my experience and education and skills like training, development & coaching, doing performance reviews for employees, payroll, solving complex customer services issues, supervise the employees to enusre the company standards are maintained in the areas of customer service, operations, visual merchandise and human resources.
Good company & the wages are average
Store Manager (Former Employee), EdmontonMarch 21, 2012
Pros: good management training twice a year .
Cons: no free lunches ever not even on boxing days.
A good company but too much pressure from the supervisors related to sales . Lot of focus on theoratical aspect than the practical aspect .The overall team was very productive / organised & great with customers ,work was fun often . Wages could have been better .
environnement de travail agréable
Commis à la production (Former Employee), MontréalJune 17, 2014
Le travail en équipe était motivant
Le superviseur disponible et encourageant la collaboration
Les opportunités de développement
Gérante et employées enthousiaste.
Préposée à la vente (Former Employee), MontréalMay 28, 2014
Pros: excellente flexibilité
Cons: peu ou pas d'augmentation salariale
Une journée de travail au Reitmans typique commence par un « one minute » où le supérieur immédiat nous donne les objectifs de vente à atteindre pour la journée et pour la semaine. Les promotions de l'heure et nos points forts et faibles de la semaine nous sont aussi donnés. Par la suite, nos postes nous sont assignés et nous pouvons nous mettre au – more... travail.

Le côté positif dans cette entreprise est la possibilité du développement personnel au sein de l'entreprise et de passer d'employé à cadre supérieur ce qui est assez motivant.
Pour les aspects négatifs, malgré le nombre d'années occupées au même poste il y a très peu même pas du tout d'augmentation de salaire.

Les aspects un peu plus durs à gérer sont l'instabilité des clientes. Que ce soi leur comportement parfois agressif envers les préposées à la vente ou la baisse inexpliquée des ventes d'un jour à un autre qui mène malheureusement à une baisse de nos heures. – less