Reitmans Fashion Group Employee Reviews

Nice
Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 February 2017
I like the people I work with, the store always has something new, there's something there for everybody. We have amazing discounts. You might not get many hours, but is a nice place to work at.
It was nice while it lasted
Temporary Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NL9 February 2017
The job was only temporary and everything was really fast paced while I was there and I enjoyed the people there. The job was a nice learning experience and I now know more about retail then I did before and how to reel in customers better. You really have to be able to multitask and have a level head when in this type of job, after all one moment you could be just folding some pants and only have 2 costumers just looking around and the next moment BAM! You got 7 costumers asking you questions, wanting a change room, or even just complaining on how the store doesn't have the right style for them. Meanwhile there's more costumers coming in the store. BUT! it is rewarding in its own sense and when that rush ends and you finish with that last person it feels so nice,
Pros
Nice people, Great discount on clothes
Cons
a little stressful at times, hours can be long depending on the shif and the day
Poor assistant manager.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beacon hill calgary27 January 2017
The assistant manager made my job impossible
For me she would shout at you just rude and so unprofessional loved
It otherwise.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
50% off
(Weekend shift) Unproductive, depressing slave labour
Stock Processor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 January 2017
Typical day involves walking around all day with a scanner, loafing around, chatting with co-workers, and setting your own breaks. While this might sound great, keep in mind that youre often doing the same mundane repetitive task for most of the (9 hour) shift, with not much appreciation for when you do put in hard work. The hours are extremely stable , overtime and extra shifts are literally always offered... If your legs and mind can withstand the pain. Up until January 2017, there was a crazy supervisor with anger management issues that would berate and literally insult employees over the slightest of errors... But as of this writing, better management has taken over.
Word of advice: If you're a college or university student, stay here for ~4 months while searching for another job, any longer and you will get comfortable with the stability and lose your weekends, along with your sanity.
Pros
Stable paycheck, easy to get days off, co-workers
Cons
Long hours, non-existent weekends, management cuts corners for benefits, extremely mundane, non-stimulating and repetitive work
working
Team Leader / Key Holder/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 January 2017
the company is amazing to work for ! the people are all great. they get everyone involved. They have promotions that change day to day. always keeping up with the competition around us ! i woul recommend working at reitmans to anyone!
Pros
people i work with
Cons
my feet hurt the floors are so hard
Poor upper management and little respect for staff.
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC5 January 2017
Many good people left due to the treatment (disrespectful) by a former District Sales Manager.
Extremely unfair remuneration practices. Little advancement; inequitable pay scale.
Productive and fun work place.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 January 2017
Reitmans has a great work environment. I consider myself lucky to have had at opportunity to work within such a dynamic company. I continue to look for new challenges for personal growth.
Great hours for students
Stock Processor (Former Employee) –  Montreal West, QC15 December 2016
Permanent work and flexible hours for students. Easy going and stress free job. Job consist of mainly moving stock around and processing orders.
Great enviroment to work
Technical Illustrator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 December 2016
I loved it. Very Professional, I would work there again if I had too. I worked in the Penningtons dept. so,I could only speak on that. But the whold company in all was great
good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 December 2016
it was good had good bosses. coworkers were good friendly people. i like the day to day interactions with customer. i dressed ctv news anchors and the liked me
Fun staff, happy environment
Fashion Consultant (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB18 November 2016
a typical day at work would be dealing with customers, doing stock, inventory, replenishing, fashion consulting, se ups and take downs of advertising set ups.
Reitman's great place to work.
TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB23 October 2016
Reitmans is a good company to work for the benefits are fantastic.
The hours are not bad. Staff was awesome. Management is good.
The training they provide for staff is very good. they company also provides bonuses. You get paid vacation for full time staff. Paid sick days as well.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
salary could be better
efficient company, good staff and great teamwork
Stock Processor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 September 2016
a typical day at work went by quickly. Ie learned how to balance speed and quality and I also learned how to use a RF scanner and how to drive the reach and the walkie. I loves my superiors they have a job to do and so do I. Great mutual respect and good communication. There nothing too hard about the job you just have to be physicially fit. The people were amazing .
Pros
people
Many Nice Customers and Employees
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB3 September 2016
I love the people I work with, whether they are the other employees or one of the customers. There are great hours, and they are very understanding about taking time off.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 August 2016
The job was very fun as you speak with customers everyday and greet them. It is a typical retail sales/ customer service environment and there is a great level of satisfaction to be reached from helping clients to feel good about the clothing selections they choose.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to offer style customer was looking for, as it wasn't a style the store carried.
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
part time, low hours, minimum wage, low commission
Fun place to work with amazing team but the Management was very poor.
Fashion Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 August 2016
I had an amazing time working with Reitmans. Our team at Heartland town centre was great. About a month ago around 8 people from our team left the job as they weren't happy with the management. But now we have new management and things haven't changed still. I don't look forward to going to work anymore.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Team Lead/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 July 2016
Working with this company was very enjoyable. The staff and management were all very friendly and got along well together. Everybody knew what needed to be done everyday and we all worked together to complete the daily tasks.
Pros
The management and staff
Cons
Not enough hours
MULTI STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON17 July 2016
Fast pace retail environment, to bad they are restructuring and people are loosing their jobs,

Co=workers are great, lots of support form other managers
A fun and hardworking group of individuals
Sales Associate/Fashion Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 July 2016
A typical day at Reitmans would consist of constantly helping customers when they need help while assuring them that the opinion we have given them is not wrong (we're not just trying to make a sale, we're trying to be honest in what we do).
I learnt a lot while working at Reitmans especially how to be more open-minded to the changing environment.
Management always tries to help you when needed but sometimes the expectations are unreal.
Sometimes the hardest part of my job is trying to get customers into the fitting rooms, some get disappointed that their size is not available in the store so they give up and do not try a different size on that they mind potentially fit into.
Pros
Hard working team
Cons
Not enough hours
Great fast-paced workplace with friendly co-workers.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NL6 July 2016
A typical includes customer transaction, stocking, accepting fright, and light cleaning. I have learned a great amount of customer service and that its a great feeling helping customer find exactly what there looking for. The manager was great she had a great passion to work with clothing and accessorizes, there was never a unhappy customer. Coworkers were easy going and all pulled their weight from welcoming the customers to cleaning the changing room the completing the transactions. The hardest part of the job was the unexpected busy days when its hard to accommodate all the customer but we did so in a timely manner. The best part of the job was when i could help a customer that was 100% satisfied.

Reitmans Fashion Group Reviews by Location