Reitmans Fashion Group

Reitmans Fashion Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun yet doesn't pay the bills
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 24, 2015
Loved the people I worked with, however they demand the most effort for minimum wage, and gave only $0.20 of a raise after 1 year. Might as well depend on the government to raise the min wage rather than work here. Also i started getting 3 hrs/week after xmas, and while yes this is the slow season that can't even pay for my gas.
Good Company
Assisant Manager (Current Employee), Leduc AbMay 27, 2015
Pros: flexable
Cons: few hours, small staff
I have worked for the company off and on for a few years, since coming back I have noticed huge changes that are affecting how the customer service is delivered. No task hours causing all tasking and customer service needing to be done with few hours makes it hard to give the customer the proper experience while shopping.
Great teams, and customers
Fashion associate (Former Employee), Belleville and Kingston, OntarioMay 13, 2015
Pros: chistmas bakings, staff parties
Cons: 3 hour shifts, 2 shifts a week
Working for Reitman's was great and I really enjoyed it, however the demographic is hard to relate and sell to because I am young and older women are still coming in to shop.
Reitmans Canada Limited
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: fast paced, good client basis, and good management team
Cons: sometimes the hours were not enough.
people were nice to work with, place was well maintained for the most part, everyone knew what they had to do with daily tasks, and creating a rapport with customers were the most important part of the job besides reaching a the target. This is a fast paced environment, that gives people with a thrill for fashion and flair in their wardrobe a place to thrive. Management was always very efficient and thorough and it was about being part of a team as a unit not individual gain.
I learned the clothes don't wear you but you wear the clothes which gives a person a sense of confidence. Also learn good communication skills and how to be good at knowing people's tells.
Hardest part of the job well everyday is hard in it's own way depending on what the day is like. Most enjoyable is the friendly atmosphere and camaraderie that came with team spirit. Helping people try on clothes and giving them a wardrobe they loved to wear again and again was my most favourite part of my job.
boring
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 29, 2015
hardest part was not very friendly co workers. enjoyable part get to know lot of new people. learned alot from this company
Great company to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), toronto, onApril 28, 2015
Open close weekday and nights and weekends visual merchandising administrative duties hiring training shipping receiving
Fun workplace with with great hardworking and effiecient employees
Key Holder (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONtarioApril 7, 2015
Pros: Good shift hours, good employees
Cons: Not good pay
Reitmans is a very good company to work in. The employees and employers are hard-working and nice people. My co workers are positive and strive for the goals given that day. I usually close the store since I am a keyholder. I learned a lot in this position, it build up my confidence level.
Great Job
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), fort mcmurray, albertaMarch 26, 2015
Great place to work, Great group of people t work with, I have learned a lot about management and professionalism from working for this company.
A fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Yarmouth, NSMarch 6, 2015
I was the Assistant Manager; I assisted in the day to day operations of the store. I was responsible for opening and closing and helped to manage a small staff. I merchandised and assisted customer as well as dealt with customer issues. I did deposits and ordered supplies.
productive workplace with many learning opportunities
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMarch 1, 2015
Pros: the people i worked with
Cons: cost of the clothing
During my time at Reitmans I learned many valuable customer service skills and well as how to deal with customers at the cash register when dealing with transactions. I learned to work at a fast and efficient pace. During my time there I also learned the importance of organization and the need to do everything to your best ability.
Reitmans is a great place to work.
sales associate (Current Employee), Saint John NBJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: getting along with everybody easily.
Cons: angry customers for somebody elses mistake.
A typical day at work, is to refresh all around our store. make our customers feel comfortable, work cash, work in fitting rooms or clean. I have learned to get to know the people buying stuff from you and it makes it a lot easier. My management is amazing, she is very kind, helpful, outgoing, and works around your schedule. My co-workers are great and I get along with everybody very easily there. The hardest part about the job is havening to fix other peoples mistakes from other stores or from our coworkers before us. The most enjoyable part is making the woman happy and make them feel beautiful and seeing how confident the woman are.
it was not what i signed up for
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), AncasterNovember 6, 2014
Pros: i was the only merchandiser in my store.
Cons: it wasn't the type of position that i was used to.
I was the in-store visual merchandiser for the women's apparel store, Reitmans. I do all placement of merchandise on the sales floor according to a visual directive and place all marketing,
using a marketing guide. I do all displays and mannequin dressings. All seasonal set ups and dress
the store for holidays and special promotions. I do all the shipping and receiving of stock and supplies.
I adjust all the lighting and make the selling floor as appealing and attractive as possible! I manage the
backroom, keeping all over-stock, marketing, shelving, and supplies in a neat and organized manner.
I have trained staff on visual techniques and procedures, and much more!
gain.
friendly staff, clean and fresh work environment, interactive
Fashion Associate (Former Employee), Regina SaskOctober 8, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: weekend and evening shifts, low pay
Reitmans is a fast-paced women's fashion retailer, promoting practical, trendy, affordable clothing for all body types. An employee is expected to dress professionally, possess expert product knowledge, work well with others, improve sales, reach target goals, and improve the shopping experience for the customers. I have grown to be more social and inept in the field of customer service. As a result, I have gained a deeper understanding for troubleshooting common customer concerns and complaints. I worked with a diverse group of employees, such as: students, homemakers, university graduates, other part-time employees who worked at Reitmans for a second Job, etc. The management was productive, effective, caring, knowledgeable, professional, encouraging and helpful. The hardest part of the job was troubleshooting common customer complaints. However, with an understanding of the policy and the customer's needs and wishes, I used my discretion to grant store credits and refunds. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public in guaranteeing a pleasant shopping experience in order to promote sales and loyalty.
Great group of people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: discount on clothing, leg workout from running around the store, friendly staff
Cons: irate customers, very busy and stressful during holidays
You are expected to work at a fast and efficient pace throughout the day but if you are a people person it can be a very enjoyable workplace.

They tend to hire positive and friendly employees so they help ease the stress of the job.

The most difficult part of the job is dealing with negative and grumpy customers, you need to keep a positive demeanor even if you are being verbally attacked by a customer.

The most enjoyable part is the happy customers and friendly staff. I came away from that job with several friendships that have lasted even after I left the company.
Underappreciated by upper management, reactive decision making, lack of respect given to staff and unrealistic objectives.
Management (Former Employee), GTASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good discount
Cons: unrealistic expectations, lack of work/life balance, upper management is unreliable at best
Typical day of work consisted of providing attentive customer service and getting treated with a lack of respect by customers.
Challenging work place
Visual Merchandiser/Product Management (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: no training for employees, no oppurtunities fro advancement
I have met some great people with many talents that have taught me great values. Overall, this company was a challenge to work for because it did not have any training programs, I saw many co workers that had potential to be great if they had the appropriate training. Turn over rate was terrible, simply because the management teams did not value staff and demanded to much from everyone, creating a stressful environment that was hard to succeed in.
A lot of fun
is Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 1, 2014
Nice co workers, learned a ton within a couple days, coworkers are wonderful and enjoyed the whole atmosphere of the job.
Great discount - management needs some correction
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Leduc AlbertaAugust 19, 2014
Loved working at Reitmans for the first manager and loved the crew there but then the work environment started to change. The upper management might like to take note that 7 people quit in a month and usually that is an indication there is something wrong.
a productive and fun workplace
Fashion Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 18, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: shifts were random and far apart.
No job is ever perfect, but at Reitmans I thoroughly enjoyed working with the co-workers. There was room for growth and learning and eventually career growth. My only issue was the hours. There was not enough for anyone.
customer service, fashion
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 15, 2014
• Supervised staff once a week and ensure proper openings and closings of the store
• Reconciliation of cash register
• Cashier in various areas such as returns, impose store policies, purchasing

1 2 3 4

About Reitmans Fashion Group

Reitmans, Limited is a Canadian retailing company, specializing in women's clothing, that was founded in 1926 by Herman and Sarah – Read more