Reitmans Fashion Group

Reitmans Fashion Group Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great 'first job' company
MERCHANDISE COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 7, 2015
Pros: benefits, half day Friday's all year long
A great company to work for when entering the fashion industry. The people have been working there for many years which shows employee loyalty and satisfaction. There is room for growth within the different cooperate departments and fashion banners.
Very lively work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 21, 2016
Pros: Great team to work with, flexible hours
Cons: Hours are cut based on missed sales targets
It is a very fast-paced company to work for. You have to be able to think quickly on your feet and stay current with fashion trends. Every day you get to look fabulous in their clothing, because you are the live model for the clientele. In my time with the company, I have worked with some fantastic and dynamic women who work hard every day to ensure the clients feel uplifted and beautiful when making their fashion choices, as well as doing their utmost to maintain sales targets. All in all, if you enjoy fashion, warm-hearted people and a fast-paced work environment, you'll find it with this company!
The Discount is great... the environment not so much.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABNovember 25, 2015
Pros: 50% off employee discount
Cons: Long hours, poor work environment
The employee discount you receive is amazing, but that is really the only highlight of the job. You are constantly overworked by your managers, who rarely do their job and the majority of customers who come into the store are rude and treat you like a slave.

You can have flexible hours, they are really good with that as well, however, be prepared to be forced to work certain days and holidays like Black Friday and Boxing Day. Plus if you actually do your job, you will get the crappiest hours as well. You will get the longest shifts just because you perform better than the other employees.

Not to mention there is an extreme amount of favouritism that goes on. People who have worked in the same job for 8 or more years and do less work than someone who has been there for less than a year and who actually does their job, and then some, often get favoured.
gossips and bullies
sales associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Cons: low wages, emotional bullies, slave drivers
Terrible place to work, they treat their employees according to favoritism. Very low wages for a heavy work load which is monitored with unreasonable time lines. Due to the stress imparted by management I suffered several physical injuries, left work everyday with severe headaches. Very little support from highly critical management who gossip openly in front of other employees about workers private lives and personal problems. Wages never increase but work load does. District managers made me walk in my bare feet around dangerous props so as to not scuff displays, ladders are always used without supervision and health and safety standards are never upheld. Do not work here
Fun yet doesn't pay the bills
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 24, 2015
Loved the people I worked with, however they demand the most effort for minimum wage, and gave only $0.20 of a raise after 1 year. Might as well depend on the government to raise the min wage rather than work here. Also i started getting 3 hrs/week after xmas, and while yes this is the slow season that can't even pay for my gas.
Amazing Company
Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee), South Edmonton CommonSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: Good work life balance, great discount
Cons: None that I can think of
Amazing company to work for. As a Senior sales manager I am responsible for my own store, training and developing talent within our store, as well as within the district. I have become a strong store manager working for Reitmans and they have given my the opportunity to grow within the company. One thing I love about this company is that they take talent within and promote growth and development. The best thing I enjoy is that I am able to recruit train and develop and help with all of these things within the District, as a store manager, training manager and Visual Facilitator.
daily work day
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), bramptonJuly 18, 2015
Pros: half off on all the merchandise in store
Cons: none
a typical day at work for me as an assistant manager would involve coming in to the store and counting the cash for the registers in the morning. then after making sure the store looked neat from the night before ...put back any left over try on clothes that were left on the rack and mop the floors .
i learned a whole lot of responsibility from this position that i held since i was the only person in management handling the store for a couple of months. my co workers were great associates who would always work hard to sell the merchandise.
the hardest part of this job was that i had all the pressure for the store on my shoulders.
the most enjoyable part of this job was that i got up every morning to dress to impress and i could make my own schedule.
Adequate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONOctober 17, 2015
Pros: Christmas Eve off.
Cons: Long hours, little pay
A lot of work for little pay and recognition for the work you do put in. No matter how many hours I worked or how hard I tried to meet quotas, merchandise etc, it was never good enough. A company that started small, and treated everyone with respect has grown into an oversized corporate monster with little or no respect for employees. Their refund policy forced employees to practically interrogate the customer regarding the reason for returning the merchandise. I will not suggest employment at this company to anyone.
Fun and Productive
Assistant Manager and Team Lead (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2016
Pros: Staff and Clients
Cons: Management absent
Was a fun place to work with the staff. Management was absent most of the time due to personal issues or vacation time which left assistant manager and team lead to deal with the daily managerial tasks with no training provided for specific roles.
Great headoffice communication
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), MontrealOctober 14, 2015
Cons: long hours, inexperienced management
I love the company that I am currently employed with.
Sadly, there have been some in store changes that were out of my control and have created an uncomfortable working situation.
Awful Company
Keyholder (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 13, 2016
Pros: None
Cons: No stability in hours, abusive management, minimal pay
Abusive management (who was finally let go after the majority of employees at our location had already quit). No value for employees, you're treated like a body to fill a space. No concern for financial stability of employees after switching to a new "smart" automated scheduling system that spits out 3 hour shifts.
Great management team; great working team
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 26, 2016
Manager and assistant manager were very helpful and supportive in what was my first experience working in a retail environment. I learned the technicalities of working retail (sales transactions, returns, exchanges, stocking, receiving) and extended my existing customer services skills into the retail environment.
Amazing Job
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
Amazing helpful outgoing co workers
Amazing experience as a stock associate, cashier, and a sales associate!
Working in this company gave me a whole load of experience, and it was a good experience. Company taught me to become successful, you need to be dedicated responsible and a hard worker!
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saint John, NBApril 19, 2016
Pros: Great atmosphere
Cons: I had to give it up to much work.
I only worked their part-time. I would get off from Home Hardware and then go work their. I also worked the weekends so I was very busy. I enjoyed working with the girls and the customers very much. It was a good place to work.
Good
SALES CLERK (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABMarch 29, 2016
Customer service. Greeting customers and running them through the cashier. Met new people. Cleaned. Closing the shop.
Fun and exciting!
Team Lead (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Best company I've worked for in years?! My team is amazing! something new everyday...and great clients. Don't plan on leaving
clean , friendly enviorment
Sales person (Former Employee), Lachine, QCNovember 6, 2015
Pros: discount card
Cons: not enough hours
clean and friendly environment, position is very pleasurable since there's not a very big demand,very quiet and there is team participation during holidays
great workplace environment
Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 3, 2015
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: unorganized
store was very untidy and un organized
lack of mandatory supply's like hangers and cleaning supply's
very friendly environment
Great Learning Experience
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 20, 2015
Working at Reitmans has given me the chance to utilize my leadership skills by leading a team of sales clerks. As well, I was given the responsibility of opening and closing the store.
Reitmans Canada Limited
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: fast paced, good client basis, and good management team
Cons: sometimes the hours were not enough.
people were nice to work with, place was well maintained for the most part, everyone knew what they had to do with daily tasks, and creating a rapport with customers were the most important part of the job besides reaching a the target. This is a fast paced environment, that gives people with a thrill for fashion and flair in their wardrobe a place to thrive. Management was always very efficient and thorough and it was about being part of a team as a unit not individual gain.
I learned the clothes don't wear you but you wear the clothes which gives a person a sense of confidence. Also learn good communication skills and how to be good at knowing people's tells.
Hardest part of the job well everyday is hard in it's own way depending on what the day is like. Most enjoyable is the friendly atmosphere and camaraderie that came with team spirit. Helping people try on clothes and giving them a wardrobe they loved to wear again and again was my most favourite part of my job.