Reitmans Fashion Group

Reitmans Fashion Group Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace with with great hardworking and effiecient employees
Key Holder (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONtarioApril 7, 2015
Pros: Good shift hours, good employees
Cons: Not good pay
Reitmans is a very good company to work in. The employees and employers are hard-working and nice people. My co workers are positive and strive for the goals given that day. I usually close the store since I am a keyholder. I learned a lot in this position, it build up my confidence level.
Great Job
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), fort mcmurray, albertaMarch 26, 2015
Great place to work, Great group of people t work with, I have learned a lot about management and professionalism from working for this company.
A fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Yarmouth, NSMarch 6, 2015
I was the Assistant Manager; I assisted in the day to day operations of the store. I was responsible for opening and closing and helped to manage a small staff. I merchandised and assisted customer as well as dealt with customer issues. I did deposits and ordered supplies.
productive workplace with many learning opportunities
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMarch 1, 2015
Pros: the people i worked with
Cons: cost of the clothing
During my time at Reitmans I learned many valuable customer service skills and well as how to deal with customers at the cash register when dealing with transactions. I learned to work at a fast and efficient pace. During my time there I also learned the importance of organization and the need to do everything to your best ability.
Reitmans is a great place to work.
sales associate (Current Employee), Saint John NBJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: getting along with everybody easily.
Cons: angry customers for somebody elses mistake.
A typical day at work, is to refresh all around our store. make our customers feel comfortable, work cash, work in fitting rooms or clean. I have learned to get to know the people buying stuff from you and it makes it a lot easier. My management is amazing, she is very kind, helpful, outgoing, and works around your schedule. My co-workers are great and I get along with everybody very easily there. The hardest part about the job is havening to fix other peoples mistakes from other stores or from our coworkers before us. The most enjoyable part is making the woman happy and make them feel beautiful and seeing how confident the woman are.
it was not what i signed up for
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), AncasterNovember 6, 2014
Pros: i was the only merchandiser in my store.
Cons: it wasn't the type of position that i was used to.
I was the in-store visual merchandiser for the women's apparel store, Reitmans. I do all placement of merchandise on the sales floor according to a visual directive and place all marketing,
using a marketing guide. I do all displays and mannequin dressings. All seasonal set ups and dress
the store for holidays and special promotions. I do all the shipping and receiving of stock and supplies.
I adjust all the lighting and make the selling floor as appealing and attractive as possible! I manage the
backroom, keeping all over-stock, marketing, shelving, and supplies in a neat and organized manner.
I have trained staff on visual techniques and procedures, and much more!
gain.
friendly staff, clean and fresh work environment, interactive
Fashion Associate (Former Employee), Regina SaskOctober 8, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: weekend and evening shifts, low pay
Reitmans is a fast-paced women's fashion retailer, promoting practical, trendy, affordable clothing for all body types. An employee is expected to dress professionally, possess expert product knowledge, work well with others, improve sales, reach target goals, and improve the shopping experience for the customers. I have grown to be more social and inept in the field of customer service. As a result, I have gained a deeper understanding for troubleshooting common customer concerns and complaints. I worked with a diverse group of employees, such as: students, homemakers, university graduates, other part-time employees who worked at Reitmans for a second Job, etc. The management was productive, effective, caring, knowledgeable, professional, encouraging and helpful. The hardest part of the job was troubleshooting common customer complaints. However, with an understanding of the policy and the customer's needs and wishes, I used my discretion to grant store credits and refunds. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public in guaranteeing a pleasant shopping experience in order to promote sales and loyalty.
Great group of people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: discount on clothing, leg workout from running around the store, friendly staff
Cons: irate customers, very busy and stressful during holidays
You are expected to work at a fast and efficient pace throughout the day but if you are a people person it can be a very enjoyable workplace.

They tend to hire positive and friendly employees so they help ease the stress of the job.

The most difficult part of the job is dealing with negative and grumpy customers, you need to keep a positive demeanor even if you are being verbally attacked by a customer.

The most enjoyable part is the happy customers and friendly staff. I came away from that job with several friendships that have lasted even after I left the company.
Underappreciated by upper management, reactive decision making, lack of respect given to staff and unrealistic objectives.
Management (Former Employee), GTASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good discount
Cons: unrealistic expectations, lack of work/life balance, upper management is unreliable at best
Typical day of work consisted of providing attentive customer service and getting treated with a lack of respect by customers.
Challenging work place
Visual Merchandiser/Product Management (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: no training for employees, no oppurtunities fro advancement
I have met some great people with many talents that have taught me great values. Overall, this company was a challenge to work for because it did not have any training programs, I saw many co workers that had potential to be great if they had the appropriate training. Turn over rate was terrible, simply because the management teams did not value staff and demanded to much from everyone, creating a stressful environment that was hard to succeed in.
A lot of fun
is Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 1, 2014
Nice co workers, learned a ton within a couple days, coworkers are wonderful and enjoyed the whole atmosphere of the job.
Great discount - management needs some correction
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Leduc AlbertaAugust 19, 2014
Loved working at Reitmans for the first manager and loved the crew there but then the work environment started to change. The upper management might like to take note that 7 people quit in a month and usually that is an indication there is something wrong.
a productive and fun workplace
Fashion Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 18, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: shifts were random and far apart.
No job is ever perfect, but at Reitmans I thoroughly enjoyed working with the co-workers. There was room for growth and learning and eventually career growth. My only issue was the hours. There was not enough for anyone.
Great fellow employees and supervisors
Cashier, Sales Associate, Stock Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 15, 2014
Pros: fun and safe working environment
Cons: no stress mats when working in the back room
I worked for the most part receiving stock merchandise, hanging or folding clothes, steaming clothes, pricing every item in the store and setting up displays. I would also cover for fellow workers with handling the cash register and dropping off money in the safe and assisting customers. My managers were really great and approachable regarding any questions or concerns. The hardest part of the job was unpacking all of the clothing in one shift when we would receive a larger than normal shipment of merchandise. I enjoyed every part of the job.
customer service, fashion
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 15, 2014
• Supervised staff once a week and ensure proper openings and closings of the store
• Reconciliation of cash register
• Cashier in various areas such as returns, impose store policies, purchasing
Good first job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaApril 8, 2014
Cons: not enough hours
Reitmans gave me many opportunities which I am thankful for but it would have been easier to work with people who like on another.
warm and fuzzy enviroment with great leaders that provide enthusiasm and knowledge
SalLES ASSOCIATE AND CASHIER (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 8, 2014
Pros: excellent team, scheudled breaks
Cons: not enough hours
sizing, pricing clothing
Greeting customers
Bringing stock from backroom for replenshipmentè
Assisting customers with wardrobing needs
Building repeat customers with amazing customer service
cashier duties
assisting customers with sizes and add ons in the changeroom
changing signage,price points,new event
reporting to assistant manager
manitaing sales quotas
meeting and exceeding weekly targets
Low wages
Team Lead (Former Employee), Kingston, OntarioApril 8, 2014
Enjoy serving customers.
Great team work.
Goal is to assist in maximizing the sales.
Provide the coaching and leadership.
Assist with the hiring.
Excellent fashion sense and visual presentation skills.
I enjoyed my short time with Reitmans
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Edmonton ABApril 4, 2014
I had fun working with Reitmans and loved the ladies I was working with. I couldn't stay because the full time position I was hired for didn't come through and I needed to be working full time.
Friendly workplace to be in
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Georgetown, ONMarch 28, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: short hours
The ladies that I work with at Reitmans are some of the kindest to the funniest ladies I have ever met. They all have families of their own and love working with each other. They all keep a balanced life style and make time for other things. They always help me on what I need to know about the store on to what's new and how it is fitting to our customers so far. I need to know what our customer is looking for but isn't sometimes what I find is what they are looking for.

1 2 3

About Reitmans Fashion Group

Reitmans, Limited is a Canadian retailing company, specializing in women's clothing, that was founded in 1926 by Herman and Sarah – Read more