Reitmans Fashion Group

Reitmans Fashion Group Employee Reviews in Canada

great and friendly workplace
Sales Fashion Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMay 24, 2016
Loved working here, great team environment. perfect part-time job during school year. Only con to this job was that they only allow a certain amount of hours to be given per week, so if your looking for more than 15+ hours a week than probably not the best part-time job for you.
Pros
steady work
Cons
short hours
Mixed feelings
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 22, 2016
I worked for the company for almost two years. In that time I had three managers. The first was a bit nasty at times but accommodating for hours and scheduling. The second was strict and knew how to do her job well. She did her best to accommodate the scheduling for the girls. The third was a passive aggressive, full on aggressive bully. My first night closing with her, after almost two years of closing, she said " your paperwork makes my heart hurt" and didn't give any other feedback, just walked away. I put up with her nonsense for about a week and then gave my two weeks. She didn't schedule me for the last week at all. She put little notes all over the back room, went in lockers, emptied out the fridge of people's personal lunch bags, water bottles, etc. I had to fish through a garbage bag to find my things. She spoke do loudly it sounded as if she was constantly yelling, to the point where a customer asked her to stop yelling at her. She looked the customer as though she had three heads.

But before her, I loves working with my coworkers. They are friendly, helpful and always there with a hug and a smile. I loved being able to use the discount at the sister stores. I loved the experiences I gained with different types of customers. One thing I know for sure, Reitman's trains their employees really well. I've learned a lot about working with others and about myself.

I would have stayed if not for being bullied.
Pros
50% discount, including sister stores, experience.
Cons
Some managers can be bullies. Stand up for yourself.
Fast paced environment
FASHION SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMay 12, 2016
I liked the company and the values it stood for, however the approach to customer care and customer service I think should not be as enforced as it is because it can seem pushy. The customers we had typically knew what they were looking for and had their minds set, we as employees approaching her the way we were only pushed her away.
While working, there is always something to do
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEMay 11, 2016
Currently working as a sales associate at Reitmans. My regular work day at Reitmans consists of constant customer interaction and assistance, lifting heavy objects, restocking racks, cleaning and freshing the store, as well as waiting on customers at the cash.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
Not enough hours but required to by the clothing to keep up to date with the latest fashion
Safe environment and very organized environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, ONMay 9, 2016
It was a great opportunity working at Reitmans. It was a safe environment and was organized in neatly fashion. It was not too hectic and there was a lot of friendly faces.
Great management team; great working team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 26, 2016
Manager and assistant manager were very helpful and supportive in what was my first experience working in a retail environment. I learned the technicalities of working retail (sales transactions, returns, exchanges, stocking, receiving) and extended my existing customer services skills into the retail environment.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBApril 19, 2016
I only worked their part-time. I would get off from Home Hardware and then go work their. I also worked the weekends so I was very busy. I enjoyed working with the girls and the customers very much. It was a good place to work.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
I had to give it up to much work.
Fun, upbeat environmnent
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 18, 2016
-Typical day at work was a busy, yet fun day. Lot's of interaction with different customers of all ages ranging from 15-80.
-Learned people management and social interaction. Customer sales representative with experience in all fields in the store.
-Easily managed store, managers were easy to get along with and easy to reach out to if any problems occured.
-I got along well with all of the co-workers in store and in the 4 years being there, I never ran into any conflict with anyone.
-Hardest part of the job was going into a new position, learning new tasks, but happily accepted the challenge and caught on quickly.
-Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with new and different people every single day. You got to a point where you would have your daily or weekly regulars whom you got to build a relationship with and get to know on a more personal level.
Awful Company
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 13, 2016
Abusive management (who was finally let go after the majority of employees at our location had already quit). No value for employees, you're treated like a body to fill a space. No concern for financial stability of employees after switching to a new "smart" automated scheduling system that spits out 3 hour shifts.
Pros
Cons
No stability in hours, abusive management, minimal pay
Good
SALES CLERK (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABMarch 29, 2016
Customer service. Greeting customers and running them through the cashier. Met new people. Cleaned. Closing the shop.
Fun and Productive
Assistant Manager and Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2016
Was a fun place to work with the staff. Management was absent most of the time due to personal issues or vacation time which left assistant manager and team lead to deal with the daily managerial tasks with no training provided for specific roles.
Pros
Staff and Clients
Cons
Management absent
Amazing Job
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
Amazing helpful outgoing co workers
Amazing experience as a stock associate, cashier, and a sales associate!
Working in this company gave me a whole load of experience, and it was a good experience. Company taught me to become successful, you need to be dedicated responsible and a hard worker!
Very lively work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 21, 2016
It is a very fast-paced company to work for. You have to be able to think quickly on your feet and stay current with fashion trends. Every day you get to look fabulous in their clothing, because you are the live model for the clientele. In my time with the company, I have worked with some fantastic and dynamic women who work hard every day to ensure the clients feel uplifted and beautiful when making their fashion choices, as well as doing their utmost to maintain sales targets. All in all, if you enjoy fashion, warm-hearted people and a fast-paced work environment, you'll find it with this company!
Pros
Great team to work with, flexible hours
Cons
Hours are cut based on missed sales targets
Fun and exciting!
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Best company I've worked for in years?! My team is amazing! something new everyday...and great clients. Don't plan on leaving
gossips and bullies
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Terrible place to work, they treat their employees according to favoritism. Very low wages for a heavy work load which is monitored with unreasonable time lines. Due to the stress imparted by management I suffered several physical injuries, left work everyday with severe headaches. Very little support from highly critical management who gossip openly in front of other employees about workers private lives and personal problems. Wages never increase but work load does. District managers made me walk in my bare feet around dangerous props so as to not scuff displays, ladders are always used without supervision and health and safety standards are never upheld. Do not work here
Cons
low wages, emotional bullies, slave drivers
Great 'first job' company
MERCHANDISE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 7, 2015
A great company to work for when entering the fashion industry. The people have been working there for many years which shows employee loyalty and satisfaction. There is room for growth within the different cooperate departments and fashion banners.
Pros
benefits, half day Friday's all year long
The Discount is great... the environment not so much.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABNovember 25, 2015
The employee discount you receive is amazing, but that is really the only highlight of the job. You are constantly overworked by your managers, who rarely do their job and the majority of customers who come into the store are rude and treat you like a slave.

You can have flexible hours, they are really good with that as well, however, be prepared to be forced to work certain days and holidays like Black Friday and Boxing Day. Plus if you actually do your job, you will get the crappiest hours as well. You will get the longest shifts just because you perform better than the other employees.

Not to mention there is an extreme amount of favouritism that goes on. People who have worked in the same job for 8 or more years and do less work than someone who has been there for less than a year and who actually does their job, and then some, often get favoured.
Pros
50% off employee discount
Cons
Long hours, poor work environment
clean , friendly enviorment
Sales person (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QCNovember 6, 2015
clean and friendly environment, position is very pleasurable since there's not a very big demand,very quiet and there is team participation during holidays
Pros
discount card
Cons
not enough hours
great workplace environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 3, 2015
store was very untidy and un organized
lack of mandatory supply's like hangers and cleaning supply's
very friendly environment
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
unorganized
Great Learning Experience
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 20, 2015
Working at Reitmans has given me the chance to utilize my leadership skills by leading a team of sales clerks. As well, I was given the responsibility of opening and closing the store.