Reitmans Fashion Group

Reitmans Fashion Group Employee Reviews in Canada

Great 'first job' company
MERCHANDISE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 7, 2015
A great company to work for when entering the fashion industry. The people have been working there for many years which shows employee loyalty and satisfaction. There is room for growth within the different cooperate departments and fashion banners.
Pros
benefits, half day Friday's all year long
Very lively work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 21, 2016
It is a very fast-paced company to work for. You have to be able to think quickly on your feet and stay current with fashion trends. Every day you get to look fabulous in their clothing, because you are the live model for the clientele. In my time with the company, I have worked with some fantastic and dynamic women who work hard every day to ensure the clients feel uplifted and beautiful when making their fashion choices, as well as doing their utmost to maintain sales targets. All in all, if you enjoy fashion, warm-hearted people and a fast-paced work environment, you'll find it with this company!
Pros
Great team to work with, flexible hours
Cons
Hours are cut based on missed sales targets
A fun and hardworking group of individuals
Sales Associate/Fashion Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 13, 2016
A typical day at Reitmans would consist of constantly helping customers when they need help while assuring them that the opinion we have given them is not wrong (we're not just trying to make a sale, we're trying to be honest in what we do).
I learnt a lot while working at Reitmans especially how to be more open-minded to the changing environment.
Management always tries to help you when needed but sometimes the expectations are unreal.
Sometimes the hardest part of my job is trying to get customers into the fitting rooms, some get disappointed that their size is not available in the store so they give up and do not try a different size on that they mind potentially fit into.
Pros
Hard working team
Cons
Not enough hours
Great fast-paced workplace with friendly co-workers.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NLJuly 6, 2016
A typical includes customer transaction, stocking, accepting fright, and light cleaning. I have learned a great amount of customer service and that its a great feeling helping customer find exactly what there looking for. The manager was great she had a great passion to work with clothing and accessorizes, there was never a unhappy customer. Coworkers were easy going and all pulled their weight from welcoming the customers to cleaning the changing room the completing the transactions. The hardest part of the job was the unexpected busy days when its hard to accommodate all the customer but we did so in a timely manner. The best part of the job was when i could help a customer that was 100% satisfied.
Fun, upbeat environmnent
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 18, 2016
-Typical day at work was a busy, yet fun day. Lot's of interaction with different customers of all ages ranging from 15-80.
-Learned people management and social interaction. Customer sales representative with experience in all fields in the store.
-Easily managed store, managers were easy to get along with and easy to reach out to if any problems occured.
-I got along well with all of the co-workers in store and in the 4 years being there, I never ran into any conflict with anyone.
-Hardest part of the job was going into a new position, learning new tasks, but happily accepted the challenge and caught on quickly.
-Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with new and different people every single day. You got to a point where you would have your daily or weekly regulars whom you got to build a relationship with and get to know on a more personal level.
gossips and bullies
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Terrible place to work, they treat their employees according to favoritism. Very low wages for a heavy work load which is monitored with unreasonable time lines. Due to the stress imparted by management I suffered several physical injuries, left work everyday with severe headaches. Very little support from highly critical management who gossip openly in front of other employees about workers private lives and personal problems. Wages never increase but work load does. District managers made me walk in my bare feet around dangerous props so as to not scuff displays, ladders are always used without supervision and health and safety standards are never upheld. Do not work here
Cons
low wages, emotional bullies, slave drivers
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 16, 2016
The job was very fun as you speak with customers everyday and greet them. It is a typical retail sales/ customer service environment and there is a great level of satisfaction to be reached from helping clients to feel good about the clothing selections they choose.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to offer style customer was looking for, as it wasn't a style the store carried.
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
part time, low hours, minimum wage, low commission
The Discount is great... the environment not so much.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABNovember 25, 2015
The employee discount you receive is amazing, but that is really the only highlight of the job. You are constantly overworked by your managers, who rarely do their job and the majority of customers who come into the store are rude and treat you like a slave.

You can have flexible hours, they are really good with that as well, however, be prepared to be forced to work certain days and holidays like Black Friday and Boxing Day. Plus if you actually do your job, you will get the crappiest hours as well. You will get the longest shifts just because you perform better than the other employees.

Not to mention there is an extreme amount of favouritism that goes on. People who have worked in the same job for 8 or more years and do less work than someone who has been there for less than a year and who actually does their job, and then some, often get favoured.
Pros
50% off employee discount
Cons
Long hours, poor work environment
While working, there is always something to do
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEMay 11, 2016
Currently working as a sales associate at Reitmans. My regular work day at Reitmans consists of constant customer interaction and assistance, lifting heavy objects, restocking racks, cleaning and freshing the store, as well as waiting on customers at the cash.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
Not enough hours but required to by the clothing to keep up to date with the latest fashion
Fun place to work with amazing team but the Management was very poor.
Fashion Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 7, 2016
I had an amazing time working with Reitmans. Our team at Heartland town centre was great. About a month ago around 8 people from our team left the job as they weren't happy with the management. But now we have new management and things haven't changed still. I don't look forward to going to work anymore.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Team Lead/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 23, 2016
Working with this company was very enjoyable. The staff and management were all very friendly and got along well together. Everybody knew what needed to be done everyday and we all worked together to complete the daily tasks.
Pros
The management and staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun and Productive
Assistant Manager and Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2016
Was a fun place to work with the staff. Management was absent most of the time due to personal issues or vacation time which left assistant manager and team lead to deal with the daily managerial tasks with no training provided for specific roles.
Pros
Staff and Clients
Cons
Management absent
Fun yet doesn't pay the bills
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 24, 2015
Loved the people I worked with, however they demand the most effort for minimum wage, and gave only $0.20 of a raise after 1 year. Might as well depend on the government to raise the min wage rather than work here. Also i started getting 3 hrs/week after xmas, and while yes this is the slow season that can't even pay for my gas.
Fast paced environment
FASHION SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMay 12, 2016
I liked the company and the values it stood for, however the approach to customer care and customer service I think should not be as enforced as it is because it can seem pushy. The customers we had typically knew what they were looking for and had their minds set, we as employees approaching her the way we were only pushed her away.
great and friendly workplace
Sales Fashion Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMay 24, 2016
Loved working here, great team environment. perfect part-time job during school year. Only con to this job was that they only allow a certain amount of hours to be given per week, so if your looking for more than 15+ hours a week than probably not the best part-time job for you.
Pros
steady work
Cons
short hours
Great management team; great working team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 26, 2016
Manager and assistant manager were very helpful and supportive in what was my first experience working in a retail environment. I learned the technicalities of working retail (sales transactions, returns, exchanges, stocking, receiving) and extended my existing customer services skills into the retail environment.
Awful Company
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 13, 2016
Abusive management (who was finally let go after the majority of employees at our location had already quit). No value for employees, you're treated like a body to fill a space. No concern for financial stability of employees after switching to a new "smart" automated scheduling system that spits out 3 hour shifts.
Pros
Cons
No stability in hours, abusive management, minimal pay
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service/Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 8, 2016
It's a good company to work for. You benefit from ALL the sister stores. I will recommend this job to anyone. Its a fun place to work.
Pros
50% off items that are not on sell. and ALL the sister stores as well.
Cons
part-time hours conflict with full time hours.
MULTI STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONJuly 17, 2016
Fast pace retail environment, to bad they are restructuring and people are loosing their jobs,

Co=workers are great, lots of support form other managers
Amazing Company
Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  South Edmonton CommonSeptember 24, 2015
Amazing company to work for. As a Senior sales manager I am responsible for my own store, training and developing talent within our store, as well as within the district. I have become a strong store manager working for Reitmans and they have given my the opportunity to grow within the company. One thing I love about this company is that they take talent within and promote growth and development. The best thing I enjoy is that I am able to recruit train and develop and help with all of these things within the District, as a store manager, training manager and Visual Facilitator.
Pros
Good work life balance, great discount
Cons
None that I can think of

Reitmans Fashion Group Reviews by Location